Election thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Right now most of the signs are pointing to a Biden win but a 12% chance Trump pulls off another upset(assuming the stats are accurate) is 12% greater then zero(Shut up, I know 12% of 0 is 0! I'm trying to make a point).
Fivethirtyeight has Trump at 12%. Others seem to be pointing at less - I can't remember which but another poll aggregator of reasonable repute had a Trump win at 5%.

I think it will probably tighten towards the end. Let's say a Trump win at about 20%, which is far from negligible. They key state to look out for is almost certainly Pennsylvania, because if Biden takes that he's almost certainly won, as that plus all the other states he's even further ahead in will take him over the line.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
When the current administration's original coronavirus plan was "we don't have to really do anything because it'll mainly affect only blue states and cities" and conservatives in general have pushed the "real Americans" vs "others" rhetoric for decades, how could you expect anything different?
I guess dems are blameless.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
When the current administration's original coronavirus plan was "we don't have to really do anything because it'll mainly affect only blue states and cities" and conservatives in general have pushed the "Real Americans (tm)" vs "others" rhetoric for decades, how could you expect anything different?
No, no. No need for logic here.

I mean, this is what we're dealing with.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
What if Trump declares the election invalid, and the SC rules him the winner?
Trump does not have the power to declare the election invalid. He and various other organisations or individuals may challenge the results in the courts.

SCOTUS might not actually be very loyal to Trump. Even the three he put into their positions: they can take their chairs and never repay him the favour. But what I would say is that Trump looks to be a long way behind: that has a force all of its own. SCOTUS would have to have a great, big think before they thrust their country into mass civil disorder by helping a distant loser cheat his way to an election win.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Will we know the winner on Election Day?
Depends on how close certain states are.

If Penn and/or Florida are 5+ for Biden when Vote totals are heavily reported, it's likely over on election night. If states go down to the wire, then no.

That's not going into some really wierd and/or unlikely scenarios, like Biden flips Texas(that's game right there) or Trump takes the upper midwest again.

There's also the caveat that must be said.

60+ million people have voted already and there's still a week to go. Some states are allowed to start processing early(but not announce the results till the polls close). However, there's also going to be a lot of mail-in votes as well which some states can count up to 3 days past election day or more. And some states like Arizona take their time to count perferring accuracy over speed, which trump was complaining about in 2018 because apparently it's "fishy" or something.

So ????????????????????

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Even seniors are turning on Trump.

It turns out telling seniors that you don't give a shit if they die is a bad strategy.

Seniors and women are voting for Biden, and we have record-breaking early voting. It's not looking good for Trump.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Even seniors are turning on Trump.

It turns out telling seniors that you don't give a shit if they die is a bad strategy.

Seniors and women are voting for Biden, and we have record-breaking early voting. It's not looking good for Trump.
Making "Jokes" about Biden being Senile probably isn't helping either.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that "Laptop/Hard Drive from Hell" that supposed to be so scandalous? If they're gonna drop it, now's the time. I mean, 70 million people have already voted and those are 70 million votes off the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buyetyen

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Making "Jokes" about Biden being Senile probably isn't helping either.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that "Laptop/Hard Drive from Hell" that supposed to be so scandalous? If they're gonna drop it, now's the time. I mean, 70 million people have already voted and those are 70 million votes off the table.
They just don't have anything. It's very common for children of wealthy politicians to get positions they don't deserve. They are just worried about Donald potentially losing and Republicans losing a couple of seats in Senate. And they should just sign the damn stimulus bill. A lot of people already voted, it's not like the bill will help Donalds chances much.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
They just don't have anything. It's very common for children of wealthy politicians to get positions they don't deserve. They are just worried about Donald potentially losing and Republicans losing a couple of seats in Senate. And they should just sign the damn stimulus bill. A lot of people already voted, it's not like the bill will help Donalds chances much.
Yeah, I've read they've tried shopping to various Right WIng media outlets and aside from the Post, nobody is biting(not even Fox News). Which says a lot, actually.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Now all my Twitter things are filling with USPS saying "Shits Fucked Yo, don't mail your ballot" so I may just not deal with worrying about it and go back to my original plan and just vote in person.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Now all my Twitter things are filling with USPS saying "Shits Fucked Yo, don't mail your ballot" so I may just not deal with worrying about it and go back to my original plan and just vote in person.
I saw lots of old people and boomers with health issues voting in person since they feared their mail ballot wouldn't count them. The volunteer staff were kind enough to have them sit near the entrance and hold their place of line.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I saw lots of old people and boomers with health issues voting in person since they feared their mail ballot wouldn't count them. The volunteer staff were kind enough to have them sit near the entrance and hold their place of line.
My big advantage is I'm salary (so I can go whenever I want) and if I walk to the end of my block, I can see my polling place.

I know a lot of states are assclowns about polling stations and whatnot but mine is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.