Epic weapons in a game.

cyrad

Dec 24, 2008
Hadouken wasn't a weapon...

One that sticks out is Broad Legged from dotHack//GU. It's a giant fricken chainsaw sword of death. DotHack//GU had a lot of really awesome weapons like that.

Another is Soul Edge from the first Soul Calibur. A biological sword with a eyeball that looks upon you...a fricken demon sword that's actually a demon itself!

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
irishstormtrooper said:
Tehan said:
Airstrikes in Mercenaries 2. http://www.screwattack.com/TheArmory All of those.
Meh. Some of the weapons are really lame. I mean the explosion for the "Laser Guided Bomb" is pathetic.
I concur. I mean really, if I drop a nuke on an oil refinery, I better get one hell of a fireworks display.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
LewsTherin said:
irishstormtrooper said:
Tehan said:
Airstrikes in Mercenaries 2. http://www.screwattack.com/TheArmory All of those.
Meh. Some of the weapons are really lame. I mean the explosion for the "Laser Guided Bomb" is pathetic.
I concur. I mean really, if I drop a nuke on an oil refinery, I better get one hell of a fireworks display.
Speaking of nukes, and Mercenaries, I'd have to say one of my nominations for most epic weapon in a game has to be the Fuel Air Bomb from the first Mercenaries game. It was certainly satisfying, if not epic, when you could afford it.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
The blades of chaos. And Kratos himself. Being able to tore monsters in half with his bare hands and all...

Randsrazor

Mar 25, 2009
The Spread Gun in orignal Contra.

Sonic Screwdriver from Doctor Who.

Pulse Rifle from Aliens.

Blackout's shockwave type attack thingie from Transformers the live action movie.

The terminator chick's arm in Terminator 3.

Mikkelet

Mar 19, 2009
HL-series: TEH CROWBAR!!!!! :p
Spoiler about HL2 if you yet have to complete it ...
also the end-game gravity gun. Picking up and shooting opponents is KEWL! :p

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
ur all wrong hehe the rhino from ratchet and clank games or the other gun that turn things into chickens they where awesome !!

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
riftinducer said:
No mention of UT's Redeemer yet? Strange.

The various iterations of the R.Y.N.O from the Ratchet and Clank games. They're big, make massive explosions, and the name stands for Rip You a New One. How can it lose?
#

The only down side is that sometimes ammo is ahrd to find and it's \really expensive !

MGS4: Tanegashima this gun is so powerful that when used at the right moment it will make you jizz your pants !

J.E.T.

Mar 9, 2009
lancer from gears of war,fat man from fallout 3, BFG [duh], the turret glove from rachet &clankLightsaber [my favorite dual sabers orange(right-hand and blue(left-hand)] from Jedi Knight Jedi Acadamy, the Serious Sam parrot bomb [LOL],the gravity gun [super gravity gun and normal] from HL2, and of course lets not forget Yahtzee's favorite the Shuriken/Lightning gun from Painkiller,