Escape to the Movies: Comic-Con 2010

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
tehbeard said:
had very litte exposure to Marvel Comics.
have no idea what the deal is about Captain America and why everybody loves him.

But glad to see Whedon's got some work, even if its not bringing back firefly...
I always hated Cap, but I have one name.....Brubaker.

The guy re-wrote cap as a James Bond meets Jason Bourne super agent, he re-wrote Bucky as a guy who slits German throats while in his spandex outfit and made Captain America a SOLDIER who kills people. My advice is to pick up some trades cos it is a great run.

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
Is it sad that I recognized the Infinity Gauntlet as soon as it showed up?

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
The new Godzilla design looks AMAZING I hope they don't screw it up, else I'm setting Legendary on fire.

Yay Comic-Con!!!!!!!

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Am I the only one who hates god-heroes? Do they really want us to take Thor seriously? I mean, I know it's a comic book character created in the '60s, but even by those standards it's freaking ridiculous! It's like a mythology spoof, how does it pass for a Hollywood blockbuster?

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Tehlanna TPX said:
/sigh. Oh well. And no Edward Norton still makes me a sad panda. Very very low condience in mr indie actor's skills at the not so smashy side of the Hulk.
I'm also disappointed with this, no Edward Norton is depressing...
Lineoutt said:
New Avatar series? you mean TLA or Blue People?
The Last Airbender [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102248-Nickelodeon-Greenlights-Steampunk-Sequel-to-Avatar-The-Last-Airbender].

OT: Good to know, already saw most of that though. I am a bit disappointed that MovieBob didn't mention The Goon at all. They need all the publicity they can get!

TheFurryChicken

Jun 29, 2008
You forgot to mention the guy that got stabbed in the face with a pen because he was "sitting too close" to another Con-goer during a panel...

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
littlerudi08107 said:
What's that cube thing that Bob was saying, "no it can't be" to?
The bloody Cosmic CUBE mate!
It grants wishes.
It is mysterious.
And that coupled with the Infinity Gauntlet pretty much out and out gives away that Thanos will probably be the big bad baddie for the Avengers, not a "lets take down the Hulk" movie many thought it would be.
What I'm interested in are that we didnt hear much about Xmen First Class... is Wolverine going to be in it? If so, will it be Hugh Jackman? I know he's doing Wolverine Two, but..

Also, we heard little to nothing about the Magneto movie.

I'm not all that excited for the Avengers though. I'm sure there are fans, but I've never really seen the Avengers as a 'A-list' comic.. to me its always been a sort of "Poor man's Justice League, full of B-listers and supporting characters who were too bad ass to get rid of, but not strong enough to carry their own titles for any length of time.

I'd MUCH more prefer a "new fantastic four movie" with Spiderman, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and the Hulk.

THAT would have been far, far more epic.

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
I'm boycotting Green hornet no one could ever replace the original Asian Badass, They're going to make Bruce Lee roll in his grave, the only man to ever beat Chuck Norris in a fight (this was before he got his Bionic-death beard from Walker: Texas Ranger)!

Also if you were keeping track he got round-housed kicked by Norris twice, that's enough roundhouse kicks to destroy a galaxy!

Monkey King

Mar 29, 2010
Everything is going as I have forseen....
Just kidding. I had doubts as to Thor but then I saw the trailer:

And My doubts got a lil bit weaker.

The Gauntlet? Really? And the Red Skull looking for the Cosmic Cube (poor man's Infinity Gauntlet)? Honestly, Marvel might want to dial back the cosmic/epic story meter; the public isn't ready for all that geekdom.
I, however, want it right NOW!!!

Oh, and at least I still get Walking Dead in the fall. I may not get WWZ, but it's something!

Looks like i screwed up the embed code (or it just doesn't work?), so here's the link:
http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=thor

lead sharp

Nov 15, 2009
Take the maddest concept you can think off costume wise...Ghost Rider. OK the film is ho hum but the visuals were awesome and the damn costume looked great!

BUT

IM2 was good, really good but not great. Incredible Hulk was (in my humble opinion) great but lets face it, it bombed. The only real success Marvel have had was the first flick Iron Man and that's disturbing. I remember what happened the last time a studio banged out a movie every other year, Batman and Robin happened. The Avengers will be the sixth movie in line (not sequels I know but continuations in some way from the same studio) that's a scary thing to think about.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Aww, I thought you were going to mention The Goon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.221064-The-Goon-Trailer] when you got to that bit about movies based on comics we've never heard off. That said, the Cowboys & Aliens film looks suitably weird. :3

As for the Infinity Gauntlet...wonder if Adam Warlock is going to show up, bought time his orange tanned self graced the screen.

Erkenbrand

Dec 8, 2008
Either it's merely a promotion for the new Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet, or this game is yet another confirming promotional tie-in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JosTQ8OToag

jspheonix

Mar 10, 2010
Despite sceptism I am still looking forward to Green Lantern. Before any DC haters come up bear in mind I like Marvel, its just DC is better when its good, and marvel is the worst when its bad (marvel Zombies and Spiderman selling his love to satan for a retcon. Really? Is DC so much worse? Not really.). Avengers better be as good as Buffy is when compared to Twilight. I can't wait