Escape to the Movies: Red

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Judge Dredd......Wouldn't say mad exactly. More like still incredulous that some Hollywood exec/writer/knuckle Dragger could take a setting so rich in lore irony and story and so completely miss the point. Hoping the next one will do it justice.........Justice, tee-hee. Unintentional pun there:)

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
Drakmeire said:
In reality "Ninjas, Da-- *head cut off by said ninja*
I honestly think there have been better quotes in movies lately for memeic use.
My favorite meme to come out of this year was inspired by splice. It's Adrian Brody... well, being Adrien Brody
<youtube=ygI-2F8ApUM>
and no I don't know why it's so awesome either
You suck so bad for this... I have watched it like five times, yet I still don't know why...

More on topic though, I was already going to go see RED, but after seeing this I'm even more excited about it than I was. Hopefully nothing keeps me from hitting the theater tonig... Ninjas. Damn...

ZodiacBraves

Jun 26, 2008
Chapper said:
Hmm, I'm intrigued!

Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman? In an action comedy?

Why, yes, I think I do want to see that one.
Then see Lucky Number Slevin if you haven't. Less action, more drama, still a good comedy with Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Drakmeire said:
In reality "Ninjas, Da-- *head cut off by said ninja*
I honestly think there have been better quotes in movies lately for memeic use.
My favorite meme to come out of this year was inspired by splice. It's Adrian Brody... well, being Adrien Brody
<youtube=ygI-2F8ApUM>
and no I don't know why it's so awesome either
I don't think im gonna be the first... and god damn im not gonna be the last but WTF WAS THAT VIDEO?

OT: awsome review, may see it. also Damn, ninjas.

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
'Britain'... what the hell is a 'Britain'? Are you referring to a type of water filter, or the collection of countries known as Great Britain?

Personally, I really liked the Judge Dredd film, my only complaints were that Dredd had a bunch of new catchphrases that didn't work ("I knew you were going to say that.") when he already had an EXCELLENT one that was only used once ("I AM the law!"). Still, bygones and all that.

Great review by and by. Seems like my kind of film. Looks like someone has a thing for Helen Mirren though, and too be honest I don't blame you. ;)

mad825

Mar 28, 2010

I am the only one starting to think that the Ninja meme is starting to get old, repetitive, cheap and annoying?

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Good to hear this actually might be fun because so far action movies have been somewhat lacking (Machete hasn't come out in the UK yet).

I'm not sure what I should be mad at about Judge Dredd. It's not like what you said about the Smuffs since I don't think Judge Dredd as a character is British.

Also Karl Urban is from New Zealand and there he has starred in GOOD films. See "Out of the Blue", Bob, because it's really good and gets a good role out of him to, depressing film though.

As for the Uncharted movie... I don't know if it would work or not. And do you think it's bad news because you don't think it can work or because you don't like the game (the latter wouldn't surprise me since you're openly biased when it comes to games)?

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
I'm sorry, but I would rather have a CGI Uncharted Movie using Nolan North's voice. He has done a lot of other voices, but HE IS Nathan Drake.

Actually, wait a minute... Instead of making a CGI movie, use some of them as cutscenes and make it into a game.

SW15243

Jul 15, 2009
I was half expecting Felicia Day's new werewolf hunting take on Red Riding Hood, also called 'Red'.
Checked though, and it's not out 'till next year. Oh well.

JakBandit2208

Jun 11, 2009
ciortas1 said:
The part where Bruce Willis steps out of a car mid-spin would have been his most awesome moment if it didn't look sooooo fake.
While it did look fake it's still pretty damn cool.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well I was already interested in going seeing RED (or is it Red?). It's an action movie about old people being actiony so it obviously won't be entirely straight faced about it. This has sold it for me.

"Ninjas. Damn." Heh, I'm gonna start saying that more often along with "crowbar is ready".

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
That line of dialogue is enough to sell me this movie.

I had a good feeling about Red. Nice to see it gets Bob's approval.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Hadn't heard much about Red before, but I'm definitely sold on it now. Incidentally (yeah, I can do those too, Bob =P), I saw the trailer for Warrior's Way when I went to see Social Network, and my response was more-or-less the same. The movie looks cool, has a cool-looking setting, has some awesome-looking fight scenes, the cool "gun-for-hire who quits when his job betrays his sense of honor" character, and it has ninjas. Damn.