Escape to the Movies: Thor

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
Beta Ray Bill in the sequel would be pretty cool.

Know what I want to see though? Cosmic Marvel movie.

.[B@lL15T1C].

Apr 15, 2009
gibboss28 said:
I've got a question but i'll put it in a spoiler for those who haven't seen the film yet

who was it playing what we're assuming is Hawkeye because I couldn't find it on IMDB for shit, anyone?
its the soldier guy from 28 weeks later

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
If anyone was wondering about the image bob posted at the end with the word "sequel?" here
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/betaraythor.htm

Also, I feel that was the weakest of Marvels new continuity films.

The Deadpool

Dec 28, 2007
Gabanuka said:
Um I missed the big reveal at the end. Anyone care to enlighten me?

I got Hawkeye btw, I mean the one at the end of the credits
Nick Fury reveals the Cosmic Cube to Erik Selvig (Jane foster's boss) who is being mind controlled by Loki. Tying into Avengers AND Captain America (which will likely be about how SHIELD got their hands on the Cube in the first place

Btw, what WAS ion Odin's armory? I saw the
Eye of Agamoto
but the first two kind moved by quickly...

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
They would definitely go for Thunderstrike over Beta Ray Bill. Thank goodness you liked this cuz I was starting to think you hated the world and all things in it.

The Deadpool

Dec 28, 2007
Therumancer said:
In the case of "Thor", it's important to note that Thor was not initially cast down in this fashion, and instead the story begins with a guy named Donald Blake finding the hammer during a dig, and using the hammer to transform into Thor.
Actually, current Thor cannon is more or less the movie. Thor is pissed at the humans for eating his horse and goes on a rampage. Odin gets pissed, puts on Destroyer armor and beats his ass, takes his power and casts him down to Earth to live as a powerless human. Lame leg to teach humility, doctor to teach compassion. He doesn't remember anything, but his soul keeps travelling from mortal to mortal until he reaches Donald Blake, grabs the hammer, and the rest you know...

The only two complaints I had about the movie were:

1) Happened to quickly. Whole movie takes place over two days. Coulda time lapsed it to a month or so.

2) Biggest action sequence at the beginning. Woulda been nice to have another big one at the end.

Still pretty awesome.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Awesome, I was forced to wait till my girlfriend could come along, and now I can't wait more than ever. I have seen the basic ho hum comments about the movie not being good, and I know Bob is kinda hard on movies. I don't always agree with the guy, but I do trust his opinions on stuff like this. Grrr, tomorrow can't come fast enough. Thanks for letting me know the big screen didn't ruin one of my top 3 favorite Marvel characters. Now if only we could get a good Silver Surfer interpretation.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
I saw it before the review! :D

it was good, and the whole kawkguy scene was pretty sneaky.

Krowded

Feb 26, 2011
thorthorthorthor! I need to see it! Now! I don't know why, but I haven't been this giddy about a movie for years. I feel ike a kid again.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Beta Ray Bill needs his own movie. Anyway, I saw it last night and agree on all point. Great movie. Fun time. Great casting. :D

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Loved this movie so much, have seen it 2 times already.

Did not even notice that it was 2 hours long.

lead sharp

Nov 15, 2009
DearFilm said:
I have to completely disagree with Bob on this one. I found every single scene on earth to be tonally at odds with everything going on in Asgard. The dissonence was such that I seriously wanted them to abandon the earth realm all together. The romance was dull and undetailed, and the larger-universe building was just as hamfisted and unnecessary as ever.
This could have been a really good movie, but in the name of fitting it in to the larger Avengers narrative, they severely hobbled this film.
This movie had no point but to introduce Thor, and it deserved a lot more than that.
The whole crux of Thor is that he's sent to Earth to learn humility, you can't do a Thor movie without this. As for "tonally at odds" well...it's Earth full of us mortal eejits, that's Asgard full of god like beings of course there going to be different, it's from this contrast that the humour and everything else comes from.

On that note (from every negative review I've seen) regarding the 'shoehorning' of Shield (the Avengers is never actually brought up) Shield in the MU deals with things above and beyond the norm', superhuman things. them NOT being in these films is like the fire brigade NOT being in Backdraft.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
This movie exceeded my expectations. Casting acting and pacing of the movie were great.

Also Idris Elba did his part exceedingly well and all the complainers can either accept that or cry like the lil babies they are.

The Philistine

Jan 15, 2010
Antwerp Caveman said:
Ok, there were actually kind of 2 character teasers: there's the one who spoke: whom most of us know who he is Hawkeye, and there is the "big guy" in the shadows, to which Thor said "Big man, fought Bigger". I have no idea who that was, personal preference: Punisher, maybe?
Having not seen the movie yet, maybe a reference to Henry Pimm (Giant Man)? He's in Marvel's recent animated series anyway, so it wouldn't' be a surprise if he made his way into the movie franchise as well.

Toraylin2

May 6, 2011
It looks really good, considering its trying to stay within the lines of the actual story. any one catch that origins of wolverine?. I didn't even go there, but i hear its baaad. Not to mention the last x men movie damn! lets hope this new one coming out is better!

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
Futurenerd said:
Don't you mean 2011? You said 2001...
I thought I was hearing things wrong. Oh well, one minor little mistake in an otherwise great review.

Bob, That's the magic, keep the reviews like that coming!

boag

Sep 13, 2010
The Philistine said:
Having not seen the movie yet, maybe a reference to Henry Pimm (Giant Man)? He's in Marvel's recent animated series anyway, so it wouldn't' be a surprise if he made his way into the movie franchise as well.
I believe he was Referring to the Frost Giants.