Fallout 4 hopes and dreams?

Haxxle

Jan 14, 2011
I wouldn't mind replacing the current fast-travel system with Elder Scrolls: Morrowind fast travel system. For example fast travel from the Crimson Caravan Mojave Branch H.Q to Good-Springs by tagging along with a passing caravan as a *Insert caravan role here* strung together with some random event sequence like an ambush.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Instead of things like England and America and all that jazz I wouldn't mind seeing Africa. I mean mutated giraffes and honeybadgers? I mean sure there would be no nukes but it could work if the remainder of the governments left standing were fighting for resources and still nuking each other. I dunno as long as it awesome I dont care what they do :p.

ZeLunarian

Mar 1, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Fallout 3's world design and exploration with New Vegas's writing = win.
Multiplied by Skyrim's drool-worthy good looks?

Not saying it'd be bad otherwise... but imagine x.x IMAGINE!

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Nile McMorrow said:
I'm hoping that it's going to be fun for a start and that it is no where near the bad quality of Honest Hearts. Keep some mechanics from F3 and F:NV and move to the UK or Europe or perhaps even Australia. Now that would be good.

Side Note: Anyone else play the HH DLC? I thought it was terrible and a big difference in quality from Dead Money.
I loved Honest Hearts, it to me is on par with Dead money but still below Point Lookout. But to be honest (don't slap me with insults this is just my opinion) but Fallout's identity lies within America, all of the story and imagery is unquestionably American (albeit 50's American) moving the series anywhere else (aside from china) probably wouldn't go well as absolutely no context or culture is given about anywhere aside from the major participants in the "great war".

Back on honest hearts though. It's as long as Dead money with a moderately better set up, but counteracted by it being a bunch a fetch quests. (though i overlooked it because Elijah wasn't bitching in my ear constantly)

edens_shadow

May 18, 2011
Why not Fallout: Australia?

Can you imagine the crazy mutated creatures that would come from that? I mean, a mutant Kangaroo would be sweet!

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
I sincerely hope that for Fallout 4 they take the one or two things that New Vegas improved upon while discarding all the many, many things they did wrong.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
xXxJessicaxXx said:
A nuked London would be awesome and could be very atmospheric. I think they might have trouble thinking up dangerous animals for England.

Giant radioactive badgers....actually that's pretty horrifying. o_O *tries to unthink*
The Squirrels! Ohh god the Squirrels! >.<

OT: I would like one in Britain somewhere, but i highly doubt that will happen

South America Maybe?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
edens_shadow said:
Why not Fallout: Australia?

Can you imagine the crazy mutated creatures that would come from that? I mean, a mutant Kangaroo would be sweet!
Bird-Eating spiders being about 5 foot, Nukeodiles, Koala's the size of Bears, Great White Sharks that can go on land, and ooh dear lord the Snakes!

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I kind of said London becuase they could still keep the fifties vibe and suchlike but have a new setting. Mind you still alot of room to cover in America :)

sta697

Mar 31, 2011
i would like them return to vaults.although new vegas was great and the continioution of the story of the two first games.i mostly hope the clunky gameplay to be fixed

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
What do people think was so different about fallout vegas out of interest to make it bad? Both games (3 and Vegas) seem pretty similar to me.

Marcotic

Apr 6, 2011
Actually I could see Australia/Africa being annexed by Chin/US.

I agree though that the next one needs to get back into the dark humor of 3. I didn't even notice how much I missed it in NV. And I +1 the romance idea. Definitely needs to feel more "survivalist" as well, instead of choosing to be a bad guy, the game actually makes it MUCH more difficult to be good, but much more rewarding as well.

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
I want trees, I mean why are there no trees 200 years after the bombs!
I know, Mojave was already a plain without trees, but why didn't fallout 3 have trees?

EDIT: thinking about it, generally I want more adversity in the areas, its a game about exploring but everything looks the same.

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
Jovip said:
alright, I'm a big follower if the fallout series, since the first one.
but i enjoy Bethesda's version as well. (i don't consider new vegas a game in the fallout series, because i hated it so much)

But is anyone else excited for fallout 4? i know it will run on the same engine that skyrim is being developed on. but even then, if the developers completely leave that stupid barren piece of shit Mojave wasteland and get back to big city's, a well developed story. plus a chance at bug-less game play. well it's something to be excited about. what do you guys think?
You're a large fan of the series since the first bits but hate the mojave desert?Wait what?!Also New Vegas sees the continuation of the story in the original franchise and it doesn't repeat another Vault Story...Cmon you can't have 50 games and all of them starting or heading towards the same spot.New Vegas with all it's issues was the true successor of the original Fallout Series and I'd rather drink cactus juice anytime than get out from another vault to crawl through another metro.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
That it runs on a new engine. The scenery and characters in Fallout 3/New Vegas look like it was all moulded from cottage cheese.