Fallout: Australia?

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
No, not at all. Fallout is a game series of a American nationalist type theme. Its the style of game, and what makes it unique. I am tired of people saying that this series should be taken elsewhere. This also results me in needing to repeat the fact that no vaults were ever built elsewhere! For the most part, everyone outside the U.S. is dust.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
This again?

Fallout is all about 50s American culture and aesthetics, it wouldn't be Fallout in whatever country you guys come up with next that isn't America.

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
Can someone point me to were it states that the rest of the world is pretty much wiped off the face of the map? As far as i can tell they dont go into any detail of other countries after the Bombs started to fall.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
MiracleOfSound said:
This again?

Fallout is all about 50s American culture and aesthetics, it wouldn't be Fallout in whatever country you guys come up with next that isn't America.
No chance of Fallout: Papu New Guinea then?
Balls... XD

OT: To be honest, the only way you'll ever see a game set in another country with Fallout written on it is if Sawyer ever gets around to making that Resource Wars [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Wars][footnote]Check towards the bottom of the page.[/footnote] spin-off he's mentioned but from what I can tell, that's not gonna happen. Even if it did, it would be set between 2052 and 2077, focus on the European side of things and with 2077 the year being the Great War [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Great_War] started and finished and it would only serve as a prequel to the Fallout games. Even then, some of the Resource Wars is based on canon from Van Buren so...it's just a big ol' mess, really.

So...yeah. No one is gonna get a main Fallout game in another country any time soon, only a spin-off based on the events leading up to it, which by based in Europe.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
psyconinja7 said:
Also, for all those who have, stop saying stuff like 'it would be an improvement' or 'it wouldn't be much different'. I find that offensive.
Way to encourage the vultures.

(weird, my solve media phrase for this post was 'true blue')

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
Sorry but Australia has terrifying enough animals. Also the outback is kind of already a wasteland. Just kidding, I think it would be fun.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
psrdirector said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
psrdirector said:
Who would nuke australia to that level?
Someone who wanted to get their hands on or wipe out the world's largest uranium deposits?
considering the games backstory, I would imagine that deposit would be gone by the time of the resource wars one way or another.
deposits, plural. Australia has 23% of the world's uranium reserves.