Farewell, Escapist

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Farewell, Escapist

The Editor in Chief moves on to a new adventure.

Read Full Article
It really says a lot, the way I'm hearing people react to this news. You've shared so much with the community, and directly with so many of its members. You've shown so much passion and sincerity for what you do, and it's made us all feel like we know you.

So, you're of course going to be bombarded with posts from your fans who feel entitled to know the Why's and What Now's. And we obviously aren't, but I hope you can see that feeling as a sign of just how deeply you've planted yourself in your community. (And make no mistake, while you're also important to The Escapists's community, you clearly and obviously have one of your own. Here's hoping it can follow you wherever you go!)

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Blunderboy said:
Susan Arendt said:
Farewell, Escapist

Read Full Article
Hold on a minute, Susan is leaving the Escapist...and Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who...
OMG! SUSAN IS THE NEW DOCTOR!
I can neither confirm nor deny this information.
Your devious plan has been uncovered!

I was gonna proclaim my sadness and write a lengthy post recounting the ways I'll miss you, but after having discovered that you are leaving to become the next Doctor, there shan't be any of that, I shall instead cry bloody vengeance, plotting the most devious ways to get back at you for leaving us to, which shall be executed upon your return to this site.

DAMN YOU AND YOUR ADORABLE CORGI AVATAR!11!!!!

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
So time to my favorite hobby again?
On sunday nights going on rooftop, crying and screaming to the sky "WHYYYYY?", "NOOOOOO!" and other stereotypical lines.
This night it's going to be "Oh Susan, WHYYYYYY?" and "Your teeering meee apaaart, Susan!"
Also there is heavy rain and thunderstorm outside right now, so it's going to be epic.
You're welcome Susan, you're welcome ;)

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
wow, so many people have left this site over my years here. Hopefully more and better newcomers get brought over. Who's going to replace Susan though?

Mr C

May 8, 2008
Good luck with whatever challenge faces you next and please let us know where we can continue to follow your work.

You've been the voice of the escapist for so long now, I can't imagine what it will be like without you.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I do not approve of this message... Susan is such a big part of The Escapist family. I hope you find something wonderful out there, just hoped it was here.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Blunderboy said:
Susan Arendt said:
Farewell, Escapist

Read Full Article
Hold on a minute, Susan is leaving the Escapist...and Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who...

Well, I now I know you're leaving the Escapist for a good cause. Saving everything ever all the time while being clever, witty and having a Corgi sidekick. Godspeed Susan!

[sub][sub]Someone needs to make a comic of Susan being the next Doctor ASAP![/sub][/sub]

MeowZhuxi

Aug 30, 2009
But... no you can't. Why? Why have you deserted us?
Kidding aside, you have done a spectacular job here at the escapist. Hope to see more of you in the future.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Blunderboy said:
Susan Arendt said:
Farewell, Escapist

Read Full Article
That's exactly what the Doctor would say. ;)

Goldjit

Jun 21, 2011
What!? NOOOOOOOO!!!

Awwwww hell, now I'm depressed... well atleast Game of Thrones is on right now.

*1 hours later*

GODDAMMIT NOOOOO!!! >:O

Anyway, gonna miss ya! Always felt that you were the voice of the Escapist. Good luck to you. :D

Gray Firion

Mar 5, 2012
The Podcat will not be the same... Or anything else for that matter, Susan's little touch could be seen anywhere on this site.

You will be missed here Ms. Arendt, best of luck and I hope your quest marks point you to many more interesting places. =D

Evil Raccoon

Ever vigilant
Oct 6, 2009
Susan, we salute you for all the laughs you have granted us in the Podcat. You helped make the Escapist to the site it is today. Bon voyage and the best of luck in the future.

Lexxicator

May 3, 2011
So sad. From now on all Podcats will be sad for me.

But you know, it's not the place - it's the people. Place doesn't matter, just say where you'll be and we will come :3
So don't go all-'sayonara' on us here, we'll meet again somewhere else. Definitely.