Favorite death scene in any medium?

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
GTwander said:
Kyuzo from Seven Samurai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2VrJkXIY3SY#t=70s

Master swordsman gets shot in the back, gets back up and and pitches his sword in a "fuck this" way. It's the last way he ever wanted to go. Dude was epic.

...then Kikuchiyo immediately avenges him and dies as well, and he was the best character in the whole film. Shit was a two-fer. /cries

DAMN IT YOU SPOILED IT! Please i forget, please i forget.....

OT:Any death in Xcom where you lose a soldier you love.

And in Gaunts Ghost's series, in the omnibus The Saint, there are two- no three memorable deaths i think- No wait! Ah so many goods ones in there, but the best two i can think of is in the book Straight Silver. At the end they both die, but so awesomely. I don't know how to put in a spoiler alert thing so i can't go into detail for those who will probably not read the books.

Edit: Deadman Wonderland, at the end you learn the back story for the leader of the undertakers. Its dark, and how he dies is a amazing thing, not ot mention the other one in there, but i shall keep that under wraps.
I wish they kept going with Dead man wonderland.

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
I was saddened when Ellsworth died on Deadwood. He was such a good honest guy, with a big heart, good conscience and a foul mouth. But he was lovable at the same time, and it made his death all the more upsetting.

<youtube=3St24AD4cmM>

But the death that effected me the most in life was the murder/suicide in Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. Now, I was single-digit young when I saw my mom watching this one night. I was so young and uneducated about the world that I didn't know a concept like suicide even existed. So when I caught my mom in the living room watching this and passed by during that scene...it hit me so hard that I still feel uneasy to this day watching that part.
<youtube=vc2cPuwpqTg>

Game-wise, I say the death of Big Boss in Snake Eater or Marston.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
End of Evangelion

Asuka's "death" was very graphic in a non-gory way, a very poignant scene but also amazing at the same time, possibly my favourite fight scene in any movie.

Also Gendo's death, a very grim way for him to go out even for such a massive douche, his final words are probably the most important for his character though shinning some light on the true relationship he wanted between him and his son.

2001: a Space Odyssey - Hal's death

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
How dare noone mentions Godzilla's death from Godzilla vs. Destroyah. That looked like it hurt for him.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I wanna second the people who said The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3. The worst part is that you are forced to press a button to shoot her, I thought it would be part of a cutscene so I really hesitated. When the horse was basically crying I lost it. Just full on crying my eyes out.

D-Class 198482

Jul 17, 2012
Does somebody being in excruciating pain count?
BEES BEES OH GOD THE BEES THEY ARE IN MY EYES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
GTwander said:
Kyuzo from Seven Samurai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2VrJkXIY3SY#t=70s

Master swordsman gets shot in the back, gets back up and and pitches his sword in a "fuck this" way. It's the last way he ever wanted to go. Dude was epic.

...then Kikuchiyo immediately avenges him and dies as well, and he was the best character in the whole film. Shit was a two-fer. /cries
Fun fact if you have seen The Magnificent Seven you may have noticed some similarities to Seven Samurai. The plot, a few scenes, yes that movie is based on Seven Samurai.