Favorite game that tanked in sales

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Hellgate: London

I actually picked this one up at launch... and promptly dropped it once Crysis came out, it was... well, crap. I came back to it that summer however, and the game had massivly improved It still lacked Diablo's open worlds, but it was a very entertaining shooter. And no, I haven't looked at the free to play release coming out.

Dr.Cereal1

Mar 30, 2011
Hal10k said:
Seige of Avalon; Metal Arms: Glitch in the System; Vanquish; the original Section 8.
Ohh god I love you so much.
Someone else actually played metal arms!
Best game ever.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Sharpiez said:
Beyond Good and Evil...

Just so underrated and underplayed and underbought...
Ninja'd with a smile.

Well probably several.

So I'll try to be more original than that. Mirror's Edge?

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
Gonna have to go with War of the Monsters on PS2 for this one... the game was just as good as Smash Bros...

IWCAS

Jul 28, 2009
I'm not exactly sure how they did in sales but I know it was far from good. All of the Persona's. Incredible games but don't get as much credit as they deserve.

Assonabum

Jul 17, 2010
I thought Blur deserved more than what sales showed. The multiplayer was awesome and there's some originality in it that's completely non-existant in every other generic bull-shit racing game out there

IWCAS

Jul 28, 2009
inFAMOUSCowZ said:
Easy, Alan Wake, Too Human, Brutal Legend, and finally Advent Rising.
Alan Wake was just too damn short man. It was awesome though. I really enjoyed the art in it; can't beat the creepiness of that fog. Brutal Legend just sucked pure ass.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Orwellian37 said:
Psychonauts. Apparently most people don't want platformers taking place in deranged dream fantasy land.
And yet both American McGee's Alice games were/are very popular. It's more likely that most people just don't want games where you have to think.

My entry is Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos. Fantastic space combat sim, Newtonian physics engine, complex ships to fly, it remains to this day one of my favourite games. But it sold quite poorly, and I don't think many people these days have ever even heard of it.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
xPixelatedx said:
aba1 said:
ohhhh so many

bloody roar: primal fury
Another person who knows the endless joy of a fighter that is actually fun. I had such a blast playing that game with friends, and yet the recent Soul Calibers and Tekkens bored us to tears.

Oh where is bloody roar when we need it?
Sadly...it's gone. I blame Bloody Roar 4...God that one was awful. I'll be honest. I was never a fan of that series. I used to hate it. I got Bloody Roar:primal Fury for the Gamecube(as a gift) and noticed three things about it. 1)Graphics were much better than the PS2 version(Bloody Roar 3). 2)The gameplay was much faster. 3) Load times were very short. And it was even better with the Hyper Speed Cheat. Ah...good times.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Kursura said:
Okami: It's the worst selling game that won a game of the year award.
Definitely a contender for my fav undersold game, but my love has to go to War of the Monsters. It was a bit shallow and cheap at times, but every argument you could have about it flies out the window when you see a giant robot throw King Kong clean through a 50 story building. With explosions. And fire.

Srcrackbaby

Jan 19, 2009
I cant believe 2 of my favorite games of all time haven't been mentioned yet.
1.The Last Remnant, hands-down the best JRPG ever made that unfortunately got bad reviews and low sales, my favorite single player game of all time. No JRPG that i've ever played has had as fantastic of a combat system, as awesome of a world, or as much replay value and definetely not as much side content. I hate the extremely linear gameplay of 9/10 JRPG's, and The last remnant is extremely open world and sandboxy (kind of.)
2.Divinity 2 - The Dragon Knight Saga, Take Diablo 2's combat and item system, and add in RPG elements from games like KOTOR, along with a necromantic abomination pet and the ability to turn into a dragon at will, and you have Divinity 2. This game also feature a great story with hilarious dialogue and tons of challenging fights.

Golden potatoe

Dec 20, 2010
IMO Viva Pinata: TIP and the rebooted Turok(I know the general direction of the story was really generic but c'mon, there's not enough current games with dinosaurs these days! Also, Ron Modafucking Pearlmen!)

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Poor, poor Sacrifice and Planescape: Torment. Whole slew of reasons for both selling poorly, but they still deserved better.

cgentero

Nov 5, 2010
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus and probably in the future Last Guardian, also any Hideki Kamiya game that isn't Resident Evil 2.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
It's a tie between Primal and Sphinx & the Cursed Mummy. Two awesome, awesome games that didn't sell at all. Also Psi-Ops.