Favorite game that tanked in sales

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
ZombieGenesis said:
Phantom Crash.
That game is one of maybe five in all the history of gaming I would give a gold star to. It just needed a couple more maps...
It also needed a non-retarded Story.

With that said, once I get another Xbox, that'll be the second thing to get installed on it.

jacobythehedgehog

Jun 15, 2011
Kadoodle said:
The entire Call of Duty series. Shame there's nobody to play with online, guess it never took off.
Are you kidding, Call of Duty one of the best selling games of all time. How can you say it never took off???

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
Mini Ninjas.

What an excellent game for kids and adults. Excellently balanced gameplay, cute characters, challenging but never frustrating. It was a really great game.

I can't say it "tanked" in sales, but I missed the mark of warranting a sequel. Shame.

hardpixelrain

Apr 8, 2010
Definitely Singularity, I don't think it was incredible, but it was a good experience with some interesting ideas that was totally overlooked.

Falcon123

Aug 9, 2009
aba1 said:
ohhhh so many

custom robo
sonic adventure 2 battle
f-zero gx
kirby air ride
bloody roar: primal fury

the amount of hours I spent on some of these games is crazy I no they might not be flops but none are all that popular n this is just for the cube
So I'm not the only person who remembers Custom Robo and how awesome it was? Sweet. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle's Chao Garden was my obsession when I was younger, even if it probably wasn't a good game.

I could add to the many echoes of Psychonauts, Okami and Beyond Good and Evil, but honestly, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm sad Blitz: The League never sold better. Call me crazy, but despite it's flaws, I loved that game. It was completely and utterly over the top with hard, bone shattering hits, and all the drugs and prostitutes a sports game could ever need.

More than that, though, the captain trailers actually made the teams feel real and gave teams an identity. You wanted to beat the crap out of the obnoxious pretty boy quarterback who called bragging he throw for more TD's than you, and you were more than happy to take the good hearted guys off the other teams when the opportunity came (or, if you're like me, the most psychotic defenders). The game had character, unlike the soulless mass that is Madden. It might not have had a good campaign (first one was pointless, second one was too short) and they never capitalized on the league they built (name a good sports game that didn't allow you to play a season with a non-player-created team; never made sense to me how Midway could overlook something so intuitive to the medium), but it was fun, and I miss it terribly.

Wow, that ended up going on for a lot longer than I thought it would...

Falcon123

Aug 9, 2009
jacobythehedgehog said:
Kadoodle said:
The entire Call of Duty series. Shame there's nobody to play with online, guess it never took off.
Are you kidding, Call of Duty one of the best selling games of all time. How can you say it never took off???
Sarcasm has escaped you. What a pity that you let it get away :p

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
jacobythehedgehog said:
Kadoodle said:
Yes, I'm kidding.

jacobythehedgehog

Jun 15, 2011
Falcon123 said:
jacobythehedgehog said:
Kadoodle said:
Sarcasm has escaped you. What a pity that you let it get away :p
I am sorry, I feel kind stupid. :(

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
Let's just say the protagonist will never get out of that damn cave and we won't ever get to know what was up with that flying sword...

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
9 hours,9 persons, 9 doors

its been somewhat succesfull but it deserves more, its a great dark point,click,puzzle, story for the DS

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
jpblade666 said:
Earthbound, amazing rpg for the snes that has gained cult status but it didn't sell well at all when it came to the US. Idk why but not many people bought it, maybe it wasn't marketed well or something. Still an amazing game that didn't sell well at all.
Does the phrase "This game stinks!" ring any bells?

But yeah, Earthbound is pretty great, I'd surely reccomend it.

~Tom<3

Sariteiya

Jun 10, 2011
Okami. I still weep when I consider how much the sales have deterred another main console release.