Favorite game that tanked in sales

WishThisWasIGN

Jun 19, 2011
Grabbed by the Ghoulies or Jet Force Gemini on N64. I think JFG might have sold OK though. Don't remember.

Also, Sudeki on Xbox. LOVED that game. Still play it every now and then.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
The entire Call of Duty series. Shame there's nobody to play with online, guess it never took off.

Mik0ri

Jul 21, 2010
Timeshift.
Okay, it's pretty bad going by the standards of 'actual completed game', but it was worth playing through, and there were certainly laughs to be had due to time shenanigans.

The Lesbian Flower

May 25, 2011
I'm not sure how the sales were but Kameo: Elements of Power. I've played that game a lot but never heard anyone talk about it.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
War for Cybertron x1000000
I'd still be playing the amazingly fun Escaltion and King of the Hill mode to this day if it didn't run out of players. Best shooter since CoD 4 by far. Dark of the Moon obviously had much less funding and time, and is x10 worse. Still sort of fun for a week or two though.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Hal10k said:
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
Seige of Avalon
Did we play the same Siege of Avalon? :/
I would assume so. I really liked the story, even if the combat was a tad lackluster.
Ah, liking the story makes sense. Though I would personally change "lackluster" to "completely broken". It may have just been my version, but it was basically impossible unless you were a mage and just fireball'd the shit out of everything

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
Seige of Avalon
I would assume so. I really liked the story, even if the combat was a tad lackluster.
Ah, liking the story makes sense. Though I would personally change "lackluster" to "completely broken". It may have just been my version, but it was basically impossible unless you were a mage and just fireball'd the shit out of everything
I never really had a problem with melee combat- I had to buy a healing spell and keep my magic skill up to a bare minimum, but otherwise the only problem I had was repetition. I suppose they could have added in an alternative way of regaining health, though.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Hal10k said:
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
Seige of Avalon
I never really had a problem with melee combat- I had to buy a healing spell and keep my magic skill up to a bare minimum, but otherwise the only problem I had was repetition. I suppose they could have added in an alternative way of regaining health, though.
Ah, I guess mage was just faster to kill things, and being vulnerable wasn't a problem since you could sell that slip of paper that gave you the starting equipment for an absurd sum and get the highest level armor in the fort at the very beginning.

Good story, terrible design.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Valkyria Chronicles. That tanked during its original release but then recieved the recognition it deserves. I just hope they get off the PSP and make another for the PS3.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
Seige of Avalon
Ah, I guess mage was just faster to kill things, and being vulnerable wasn't a problem since you could sell that slip of paper that gave you the starting equipment for an absurd sum and get the highest level armor in the fort at the very beginning.

...That is a glitch that I definitely have to check out when I revisit the game.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Hal10k said:
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
EClaris said:
Hal10k said:
Seige of Avalon

...That is a glitch that I definitely have to check out when I revisit the game.
You're welcome ;)
Yeah, it's worth a hefty chunk of gold (last time I played, I doubt there is anyone working on fixing it though) They must have used some algorithm that calculated item worth based on the scarcity of the item. So since there is only one equipment discharge form in the entire game, it is worth a fortune.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
briunj04 said:
I think I speak for everyone when I say Okami. Makes meh wanna cry (;_;)
Also, this is a total shot in the dark because I don't know how well it sold, but The World Ends with You seems like it wouldn't sell very well in the states.
And finally, Monster Hunter Tri didn't do very well in the U.S (Although every kid and they're mom owns it in Japan). Capcom made a big mistake making it exclusive to the Wii.
Really because it was the second highest wii game after Super Mario Brothers Galaxy for awhile. And it sold at least 2 million copies.

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
Planetside. Aside from the primitive FPS controls, a hella fun game that was starved to death by SOE. Because nothing can ever get in the way of Everquest, esp. not some radical FPS MMO that once supported over 3600 players all fighting at once (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/528/528778p1.html).

It's a telling point that SOE wasn't even aware that this would be a milestone in the games industry and maybe worth some PR points. They just starved it to death and used it as a dumping ground for leftover programmers.

Now we've got the FPS multiplayer market churning billions in cash every year, and SOE still doesn't get that it was their market to own.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Mr Shrike said:
Operation Flashpoint: Red River

It's got its flaws, but it's very good when played in co-op.
*hiss*
Sorry personal bias against the Operation Flashpoint series. So Red River is good for Co-op? hmm maybe something I should look into

OT
Beyond Good and Evil which has been stated
and this new one I picked up called Singularity. It was right around the time that Halo Reach and Black Ops came out so it got kinda lost in the shuffle. Really good game, maybe it didn't do so hot, but no one I talked to knew much or any about it. It's like Bioshock in Russia with time manipulation. It is actually really really fun to play.

jacobythehedgehog

Jun 15, 2011
Hunted: The Demon Forge- Maybe the best underrated game ever
Vanquish
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance