Favorite game that tanked in sales

Aarquus

Jul 31, 2010
Jet Set Radio Future
It's a game set in future Tokyo, where you skate around around on rollerblades covering the place in graffiti. It doesn't sound like much, but the gameplay was great and is remained fun throughout.

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
I've got a couple:

Freelancer [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer_(video_game)], it was an awesome space simulator that was a spiritual sequel to the Starlancer series. Sadly some features such as a dynamic economy and more open world elements were cut because Microsoft wanted to meet a release date. Regardless it is a fun combat sim with great exploration elements, plus the graphics for the backgrounds still look beautiful eight years later.

Gladius [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladius_(video_game)], You lead your own gladiator school in competitions across the globe and recruit various people to your school. While the plot doesn't really kick in until half way through, the game in my mind is one of the best tun based tactics games around.

Sleepingzombie

Dec 7, 2009
For me there is:

Alan wake and Mirror´s edge.

both games going boldly into the wild where noone has gone before them and possebly falling down a cliff.

razbuten363

Jun 23, 2009
Easy answer is Psychonauts. I dont think mirror's edge did too well either, but a lot of people didnt care for it.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Orwellian37 said:
Psychonauts. Apparently most people don't want platformers taking place in deranged dream fantasy land.
Psychonauts was an amazing game,it's sad that it never took off.
I'm just glad that Double Fine is still making original games,I just hope that they get the respect they deserve,as well as make more sales than before.

ToAsTy McBuTTeR

May 27, 2009
lovest harding said:
Lost Odyssey. Great JRPG and the best story I've played this console generation.
why are people not mentioning this more than once? where are all those people who played FFXII and XIII? because they need to be forced to play Lost Odyssey so they know what JRPGs are supposed to be... i also believe they need to be punched but hell lets not get VIOLENT...

it wouldnt upset me so much if it had done WELL... Mistwalker is an AMAZING team and they made a FUCKING AMAZING rpg here.

it's story runs circles around everything in it's class since 2000, and i include western rpgs here too...

and NO ONE mentions it... cept maybe me and this guy...

blah blah disclaimer about opinions and how i'm not actually going to hit you for yours...

Lissa-QUON

Jun 22, 2009
Enh for me I think it would probably have to be Evil Genius.

The game did have its flaws- but still the concept was solid and majority of the game play worked very well (barring the aforementioned flaws.) Plus the thing oozed style and humor - and pulled it off with such panache. I still pull it out every so often and give it a play again.

Ben Jackson

Apr 5, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
The Bouncer
Advent Rising
Shadow of the Colossus
Too Human
Jet Set Radio Future
What the balls batman?
The bouncer. Wow, I though only I heard of that game, it was well fun in co-op. I used to always play it with my dad when I was little.
Anyway, heres my list:

*Psychonauts
*Okami
*The bouncer
*I just been ninja'd on Alan Wake, that was ace
*Mirrors edge...ninja'd again.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Moeez said:
Neverhood (only sold 40,000 copies then was discontinued)http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/259/d/5/the_neverhood_dock_icon_by_xxjohnnnyxx-d2ytpei.png
OH CRAP,I FORGOT ABOUT THE NEVERHOOD!
It was a short,but fun point and click adventure,It was probably released too late or had bad advertising because I never heard of it when it came out. I finally played it and had a good time playing it. The soundtrack was awesome too...at least in my opinion.
The songs suffer from Jet Set Radio syndrome though,as they really sound best in the game.

and a scene from the game.

Thanks for reminding me about that game.

Fredrikorex

Sep 25, 2009
Why haven't anyone said Grim Fandango yet?

If you're the kind of person who plays a lot of puzzle adventure games, you know what I mean.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
Okami, Muramasa, Eternal Darkness, Ico and Beyond Good and Evil, to name a few.

Mark Hardigan

Apr 5, 2010
Toss up between Planescape: Torment and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Both are fantastic games, and both pretty much tanked in sales.