Favorite Villain of all time?

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
If it has to be from any game, movie, or anime, I'd say Bae Jung-Tae from Heatseeker. Because his voice actor was that good.

If it doesn't have to be from one of the OP's categories, I'd say Macbeth. It might sound a bit arrogant to cite a work that's literally 100 times older than some of your choices, but I think he's extremely well written. Especially how he sort of realizes, "It's not too late! I can turn back from evil... But evil's so fun." Also, pretty much all of Macbeth's lines in Act 5 are great.

Lay on, Macduff,
And damn'd be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!'

Jama7301

Oct 10, 2009
Kefka, definitely. He brings about the Apocalypse during the course of the game. Which is rare, because normally you stop this.

Not only does he destroy the world as you know it, but he also assumes control of everything, and fries anybody who disagrees with him using giant kill lasers.

Also...
antipunt said:
Rath709 said:
Oh, and the Joker as played by Mark Hamill, because of what he did in this scene;

OK, that disturbed me a lot more than I thought it would...
I gotta agree with this...

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Luca freaking Blight.

Why, you might ask, is probably my favorite villian ever not even a main villian or final boss? Because he was more amazing than the crappy final boss of Suikoden 2. As much as people will love Kefka because he's 'crazy', Luca made him look like garden variety when it came to sheer evil. He was a sadist of the highest calibur, and the sheer amount of effort to drop the sociopath was astounding. You sick 3 different parties of 6 guys/girls on him, he shrugs all that off, gets showered in arrows and made into a pin cushion, and then gets into a duel with the Hero and he's ONLY HALF DEAD. That is one tough son of a *****.

0BRiEX

Jun 21, 2009
I really liked Ganondorf and the Majora's Mask from the Zelda Series. The Emperor was pretty damn cool in Star Wars, especially in the prequel trilogy when hes manipulating Anakin.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Regiment said:
The Millennium Earl from D.Gray-Man. For those unfamiliar with the series, he's a demonic-looking but extremely cheery fat man in a Victorian suit. He ends every sentence he speaks with a heart symbol and helps people reconnect with the recently deceased by bringing back the deceased's soul in an artificial body. Then the deceased's soul is used as a power source for the newly created Akuma, which kills the mourner and wears its skin as a disguise so it can kill more people, evolve, and eventually kill God.

[quote:The Millennium Earl]I am the Millennium Earl, the maker of the Akuma. I shall obliterate your puny "God" and lead the world to its death with my Akuma. An Exorcist, a soldier of life. You can't save this world no matter how hard you try. [heart] Never! [heart]
And he has awesome music.

[/quote]

Damm you beat me to it, but yeah this. The Earl is just awesome, him and the Noah Clan who follow him.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
likalaruku said:
oppp7 said:
You forgot one:

OT: ...Um... ya. Mine would be Pennywise the Dancing Clown from IT.
He's lacking a nemesis. What freak of hero shall he lust after?
He doesn't lust after people, but he does kill and eat children.

Popadomus Ohio

Apr 21, 2010
in the film tormented, the main characters are so unbelievably cruel and couldn't be less bothered about what they do that you want them to die by the end. that is how i'd define a good villain, someone who is so evil that you love to hate them. even though he is not a villain in the show, i think Zap brannigan from futurama is the sort of bad guy i love to hate.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Since the other ones have already been mentioned, I provide these two as examples of excellent villains. Although, technically, they also qualify as anti-heroes since they act as protagonists at certain points as well.

Char Aznable

Ingram Prisken

EDIT: Also, Woo-jin from Oldboy. He plays Oh Dae-Su for a fool the entire time. Here is where his plans come to full fruition. Those who watched the movie will know what the implications of that were:

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Hazy said:
Kefka from Final Fantasy VI.
[img height= 350]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FjciXAGe44U/SxPx_bJBA5I/AAAAAAAAAOU/QL1kiPn74Eg/s1600/kefka.png[/img]
End of thread. If he and Sephiroth had a battle to the death Kefka would him so hard in the balls they would come out of his mouth.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Urgh76 said:
i warn you, this is NOT for the faint of heart
THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING!!!
I MEAN IT THIS TIME!!!!
I WARNED YOU!!!! SEE WHAT YOU DID!!!!
MY EYES!

wc_rock

May 28, 2009
knight of some random number said:
Regiment said:
The Millennium Earl from D.Gray-Man. For those unfamiliar with the series, he's a demonic-looking but extremely cheery fat man in a Victorian suit. He ends every sentence he speaks with a heart symbol and helps people reconnect with the recently deceased by bringing back the deceased's soul in an artificial body. Then the deceased's soul is used as a power source for the newly created Akuma, which kills the mourner and wears its skin as a disguise so it can kill more people, evolve, and eventually kill God.

[quote:The Millennium Earl]I am the Millennium Earl, the maker of the Akuma. I shall obliterate your puny "God" and lead the world to its death with my Akuma. An Exorcist, a soldier of life. You can't save this world no matter how hard you try. [heart] Never! [heart]
And he has awesome music.

Damm you beat me to it, but yeah this. The Earl is just awesome, him and the Noah Clan who follow him.[/quote]

Technically I beat you both to it :p

johnjay

Apr 7, 2010
I'm not too much of a transformers fan, but when i was a kid Galvatron was the shit!
[http://img294.imageshack.us/i/04galvatronmh2.png/]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us [http://imageshack.us]

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Impossible to choose one out of all the great villains. Joker (Batman TAS), Slade (Teen Titans), Sylar (Heroes) and Megatron (Beast Wars / Beast Machines) are the best I can think of right now.