Favourite game ever?

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
gregitaly said:
Final Fantasy X. I replay it every summer. Still haven't figured out blitzball though.
That's because Blitzball is a harsh mistress! Very very harsh!
So difficult to tame....It makes me whimper.

gregitaly

Mar 12, 2009
BlueSinbad said:
gregitaly said:
BlueSinbad said:
Final Fantasy 7 & 8 :) I love them and if I had copies of the game and a system to play them, I'd be on them right now!
Nice to see some love for 8. Not my favorite in the series, but it doesn't deserve the hate it seems to get.
I seriously loved the characters in them, I mean Zell, he might as well have been called, over-compensating white Barret for all I care, I seriously loved it, I've always had trouble placing either 7 or 8 number 1 in my favourites' list.
Yeah that game is definitely more about it's characters and their growth than previous Final Fantasys. If you go into the game expecting to be blown away by the plot, your going to be (a little) disapointed. But if you start noticing the ways Squall and Rinoa subtly grow and change each other it becomes awesome. That dancing cut-scene with them in the beginning is still one of the series's best cut-scenes.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:

400 hours and I'm still in love with the Capital Wasteland.
Who isn't?

OT: Halo 3, or Garrysmod. I love both of these games equally. Halo gave a story unmatchable, a sci fi epic, and a rock solid shooter game. Garrys mod can spawn the funiest of creations from the human mind, you own story can be made with that if you have the time, from huge open grasslands, to busseled cities, anything you think of, you can make.

gregitaly

Mar 12, 2009
BlueSinbad said:
gregitaly said:
Final Fantasy X. I replay it every summer. Still haven't figured out blitzball though.
Don't even get me started on the chocobo racing game. The birds, those infernal birds, they're everywhere.... everywhere.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
gregitaly said:
BlueSinbad said:
gregitaly said:
BlueSinbad said:
Final Fantasy 7 & 8 :) I love them and if I had copies of the game and a system to play them, I'd be on them right now!
Nice to see some love for 8. Not my favorite in the series, but it doesn't deserve the hate it seems to get.
I seriously loved the characters in them, I mean Zell, he might as well have been called, over-compensating white Barret for all I care, I seriously loved it, I've always had trouble placing either 7 or 8 number 1 in my favourites' list.
Yeah that game is definitely more about it's characters and their growth than previous Final Fantasys. If you go into the game expecting to be blown away by the plot, your going to be (a little) disapointed. But if you start noticing the ways Squall and Rinoa subtly grow and change each other it becomes awesome. That dancing cut-scene with them in the beginning is still one of the series's best cut-scenes.
You said everything I needed to say right there good sir.
Thank you.
I also whimpered and cried a tad at the ending.
I so wish I could play that game now! :(

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
gregitaly said:
BlueSinbad said:
gregitaly said:
Don't even get me started on the chocobo racing game. The birds, those infernal birds, they're everywhere.... everywhere.
Hahaha yeahhhh, I don't think I have anything else to say here!
Man I wish I could play 10 again too! Oh the sweet memories.

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
Either the Pokemon games (Specifically Crystal and Black), or Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors. I have spent so much time playing that game it isn't even funny. I actually broke two discs due to heavy use, and I'm still not done with it. Ten years of it and I'm still not finished.

CharlesBronson

Jun 12, 2010
Red Orchestra. If I had a twinkie for every hour I put into that game...

Never played a game where getting a kill was so satisfying, that much more so when it was with my bayonet.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Mine is Final Fantasy VIII. It's the perfect game for me. There's not one single aspect of that game that I don't love.

Villa Idiot

Dec 22, 2009
Suikoden 2 without a doubt. After that it's probably something like Baldur's Gate 2 followed by Shadow Hearts.

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
Top 10:
1) Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity
2) Fire Emblem 7
3) Fallout 3
4) Tabula Rasa
5) Gladius
6) Metroid Prime
7) Age of Empires 2
8) Super Mario Bros. 3
9) Mass Effect 2
10) Crysis

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Fredrikorex said:
Half-Life

I still play it today, but mostly with some mod for the game.
like the HD pack? (it,s a free mod that makes everything look nice)
OT
dito Half-Life is the BEST shooter series EVER!

jaoblia

Jul 21, 2009
Banjo Kazooie, SOOOO awesome i've played through it 5 times (got it 2 years ago)never gets old.