Final Fantasy Fans Boo Xbox 360 at London Event

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Boo!!!!

I don't like the xbox either...but I would not complain if I won one for free...at least I can resell it on ebay.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
I belive they were booing for two reasons:

1,FF games are normaly played in one looooong sitting... and we all know what happens to 360's if you leave them on (ive had mine replaced 3 times)

2, FF;XIII is a broken port to the 360. in a similar manner to how most multiplatform games are made for the 360's low specs and just ported over to PS3 without taking advantage of the PS3's power.

However they shouldnt have booed a Freebie, that's just kind of stupid.

Aura Guardian said:
Hubilub said:
Aura Guardian said:
Hubilub said:
This kinda makes me ashamed of being a fan of the PS3...

Any Wii-players care to hang out while the 360 fans and the PS3 fans duke it out in the streets?
You rang Hubilub?
Quick! To the Wii-mobile!

*dudududududududududududududududu*
I call shotgun.
can I come? I need a rest from Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Goombanator

Dec 2, 2009
Wasnt Halo the other way around? Bungie started as part of microsoft studios then became a third party. In other news- Retards boo the 360 at an event. Fuck em' SE owes nothing to Sony, and probably has made more money from FF11 on 360 subs than It has from Sony in recent years. I have both consoles and even though its a better game on ps3 (one disc and better res FMV's) I bought the 360 version because I will always get multiplatform games for 360 regardless.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
Fuck I own a 360 and if they offered a ps3 FF13 bundle, I'd woo. Hell even if I don't end up liking the ps3, I could just sell it and the game. But I'd keep it and have twice as much fun.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Hell, I'm just pissed that it was released on the PS3 and the 360 and not the Super Nintendo. Remember fanboys, Sony didn't always have Final Fantasy either.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Latinidiot said:
are they perhaps booing because they believe FF has been dimmed down for the 360, something I still don't know is true or not?
It's true.
Amen to that. I feel their pain. The transition to multiplat hasn't exactly been easy on FF. I think the booing was rather funny, justified or not. Poor announcer guy.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
"Grr! Your selfless compassion fills me with murderous frenzy!"

Fanboys just baffle me. There are far better things to be passionate about in life than an electronic box.

Stewz

Mar 18, 2009
They were probably booing Final Fantasy itself as it can't of been the xbox because it is brilliant.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Slycne said:
Spirultima said:
John Funk said:
Oh, right. Fanboys. Logic does not apply here.
Hypocritical statements for the win.

I have a very good reason for disliking FFXIII on the 360.

We as PS3 owners lost out because of you 360 owners.
By that logic shouldn't you hate Sony equally for not holding onto a potential exclusive? I think that's what I find confusing about the whole situation, even if you ascribe to the PS3 version being dumbed down for the xbox360 - why is there no fan hate directed towards Square-Enix and Sony?
Because that requires the fanboys to see something outside their narrow-minded "M$ IS THE CORPORATE WHOREHOUSE" worldview that they've grown so accustomed to over the years. It's much easier for them demonize what used to be the competition than to realize that Square finally asked Sony to pay them too much for their exclusivity.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
Why don't we just play the game rather than complain about who ruined what for whoever?
When did playing the games become second to trying to find someone to blame for something (or booing because we want to blame someone for something)?

I wanted to respond to so many things, but this was the only thing I could think of that could address most of them.

Kielgasten

Oct 12, 2009
Jamiemitsu said:
Heh, I probably would have booed, too.

I mean, FFXIII was originally meant to be a ps3 exclusive, and there are TV ads in the uk which only acknowledge the 360, almost as if its an xbox exclusive.
And?
No seriously, why does this matter?

Dec 14, 2009
HappyTreeFriend said:
Jamiemitsu said:
Heh, I probably would have booed, too.

I mean, FFXIII was originally meant to be a ps3 exclusive, and there are TV ads in the uk which only acknowledge the 360, almost as if its an xbox exclusive.
And?
No seriously, why does this matter?
Shhh, it's ok. Ignore the fanboy. Come, sit with me and have some tea, he's only trying to upset you.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
So FF13 was ment for the ps3, big damn deal, im more then happy that it came out for the 360, it saves me about 400 bucks.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Goombanator said:
Wasnt Halo the other way around? Bungie started as part of microsoft studios then became a third party.
Bungie started as a Mac developer (See: Marathon), Microsoft bought them during the production of the first Halo (which was, at various times, an RTS, a 3rd person action RTS, and finally an FPS), and then spun them out as a seperate developer but held on to the Halo license.

There's no reason now that Bungie couldn't produce multiplatform games, (they actually did make one PS2 game, Oni), but I suspect they'll stay tight with Microsoft, mates rates and all that.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
If they're booing the 360 because it' supposed to be a ps3 exclusive that's just dumb. FF was a nintendo product way before it was on the Playstation.

Oh yeah, fanboys are stupid.

cmstewart87

Requirer of MORE Supply Depots
Feb 18, 2010
Irridium said:
Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

As a member of the PS3/360/Wii/Gaming PC owner crowd, I find this just silly.

Sir Ollie said:
You sure they weren't boring at George Lamb?

I hate that guy.
I agree. Lets both be boring at him ;)
I have to say that owning all the gaming systems really removes any fanboy syndrome. I used to have it bad for Nintendo like 10 years ago when I was 13! XD