First Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Details Leaked

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I'm quite interested.
I remeber how for the first time in Oblivion, when running trough the dungeons i placed a sword in one hand and a torch in the other. And then i tried to switch the torch with another weapon, but alas, i could not! But seems like my dreams are finally coming true!

Also, finishing moves are always awesome(unless they get repetitive. Dragon Age did it right, every time i beheaded someone it was fun-fun-fun~!)

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
I'm not sure about this now. I hated Fallout 3 and everything about it. All they need to do is keep it the same as Oblivion without leveling the enemies and I'll be happy.

Levi93

Oct 26, 2009
considering no one else has mentioned this yet on the NeoGAF source it says this-

'-10 races to choose from'

NEW RACE GUISE! ^_^

I wonder what it is.

EDIT: oh wait never mind :( i only thought there were 9 races origionally :( excitment over.

...now that i think about it that is pretty much useless information.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
-NERDGASM- Dual-wielding? Fallout-style scaling? Perks? This is the kind of stuff I always dreamed of!!! YAAAAAAYYYY

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
Hhmmm, you know the system I liked the best was in Daggerfall. Except for the language skills which I could never figure out how to use, the customization options were nearly limitless. Honestly, who cares if I can "Deual Wieldan" I just want to be a goddam hero or a villain in a mutha fuckin' fantasy world. Bethesda has yet to truly disappoint me with one of their games but I guess it's always possible.

Jun 11, 2008
I don't like how they have cut down skills even more. I want my spears and Medium armour back. I do like the change in the leveling system though. I hated how in Oblivion after you got to a certain level every thing of a certain type disappears. I know some hardcore TES fans would hate it but I would rather maybe a Morrowind thing where they just put high level monsters in certain area so you had to work a bit and do a bit of leveling. Finishing the game at level 1 is a bit ridiculous but can be done in Oblivion or something. Once you hit a certain barrier in Oblivion enemies got better and nearly every fight was just an epic battle which was unnecessary. I want my Bandit leaders to be uber not all of their hench to. It also took the fun out of having Daedric armor.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
*squeeeel* this sounds awesome I am so gone duel wield spells. one which reduces resistance to fire ice and electric attacks and one which is a fire ice electric attack. I call them arcane spells I also make arcane armour and arcane weapons and what does it mean with 'make weapons' will there be more then just enchanting them but i want spears if their are spears I will duel wield them.

ponderus

Oct 27, 2008
Why do major developers insist on watering down their games? Classes help you figure out how you were going to play. Spellsword, Thief, Mage, Warrior, Barbarian, all good choices. And more! Cutting down skills just further narrows how people will play. The great thing about Morrowind over Oblivion, and yes, I like 3 more than 4, was that I had choice. I could use throing darts or shuriken, or a spear. Best way to deal with a cliff racer or even an annoying NPC? 1 second levitate on target spell. If you're a mage, you should have something to levitate you anyway, so just walk off a cliff or sharp drop, they run after you, and plummet to their doom. Couldn't do that in Oblivion. Probably won't be able to in Skyrim. Choices people! I want to play how I want to play. It sounds like Bethesda is going to make us play how a certain percentage of people play. I want classes, spears, varying levels or armour, everything. I want a glut of choices. Even if I don't use spears, or Illusion school magic, I want the OPTION to. End Rant

[EDIT] For the love of the Aedra, if there is day one DLC, so freaking help me, I will not buy this game until Game of the Year Edition is in the bargain bins. You started the stupid trend, Bethesda. END IT. Full expansions. Full. True end of Rant

ScarBrow07

Sep 26, 2008
Wow this looks great. So does Dragon age 2. Great year for Long Rpgs. Gonna be stuck to my chair and fully distracted from the real world.

freakonaleash

Wheat field gazer
Jan 3, 2009
Cyrin said:
No classes, sounds great. It would be nice to build an unrestricted character.

Less skills to invest in, that's somewhat sad to read. Hopefully the skills will have some deeper thought put into their uses.

I am very grateful to read that the world will no longer level with you.

I am still very skeptical of this game after playing Oblivion and dealing with its... issues.
Its only 3 less though, they probably just mashed the magic classes into one skill.

L34dP1LL

Mar 6, 2010
Just a few thing I would like for them to add to TESV, better yet reinstate. I don't want bandits and common thieves with GODLY armor, I want that sense of accomplishment for finding a piece of glass armor or a daedra weapon.

Take out fast travel, and give us boat rides, maybe not a Silt Strider, but the Guild guide or even the hot air balloon that crashed in Solstheim.

The mark and recall spell would be a welcome addition, more wildlife, not just rats for the first levels.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Stormz said:
Less skills is annoying, but everything else sounds interesting.
It's only 3 less. When you look at all the skills in oblivion it's easy to distinguish a few that probably could be mixed together.

OT: God damn it I am going to be way too excited for this game by the time it comes out. These little details have got me all hyped already.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
No classes i ok enough for me. Never used any of the pre-made classes anyway.
However, how does blocking work with swords/daggers now? In Oblivion, you blocked with right mousebutton. But now it seems like you have 1 mousebutton per hand. So you obviously would block when using a shield, and attack when using a sword, but how would you block with said sword?

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
Please be more types of visuals to spells other than balls of fire/light etc.