First Transformers 3 Trailer Reveals 40 Year Old Secret

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Gordon_4 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
tkioz said:
Side note, anyone else thinking Vector Sigma for the transformer at the end? And god I feel like such a nerd now.
That was actually my first thought, too.
At risk of exposing my pedantic nature with Transformers, its unlikely either of you are right since Vector Sigma isn't actually a Transformer: he's a computer AI in the heart of Cybertron that can create new Transformers (See G1 two parter 'The Key to Vector Sigma')

I'd hedge my bets that the big fella on the moon is actually another Prime such as the already mentioned Vector Prime or he could be Alpha Trion.
Aargh, I actually meant Alpha Trion. I guess I got confused, because he merged with Vector Sigma in order to create the Aerialbots.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Yellow robot? Goatee? I'm thinking Unicron. Although he's actually supposed to be at least Death Star size, so wouldn't so much crash into the moon as be the moon itself, I wouldn't put it past MB to dick around with the final surviving pieces of unadulterated canon in that way.

Really cannot bring myself to care about this. Much like Matrix 3, I won't be seeing it in the cinema, but may give it a look if someone else rents it. The most I may do is borrow a projector from work, set up a couple of amps and speaker sets, and do a huge-screen showing of the remastered 1985 movie DVD with plenty of power for the rock.

CharlesA

Nov 8, 2009
I actually didn't give a shit about Transformers until the Michael Bay movies. Of course, they sucked, I just wanted to see big robots beating each other for two hours, and I got Shia Leboeuf whining about his lawn instead. Even the second movie had this huge freaking robot ready to anihilate the earth, and it does absolutely nothing but (literally) suck for five minutes before being destroyed by dumb inbred redneck robots.

Screw you MB, this is the third act, you better give us some real fights for once.

As for the story, mythos and all that, I still don't give a shit. I want robots killing stuff.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
sravankb said:
Zhukov said:
But... but... but...

Where is Shia LaBeouf?

Without Shia's unique charm, inspirational talent and superb performances, this movie just won't be a real Transformers movie. I just know they are going to ruin the franchise forever by focusing entirely on the stupid giant robots and excluding all the intricate relationships and profound romance associated with the human characters of the series.

Nope, none of that. Just giant robots hitting each other. Oh man, this is going to suck.
Sarcasm reading is off the scale! Could be greater than 9000, even.

OT: If there's one thing I would like to see improved, at the very least - the action scenes. Bay fucked up the action from the first two movies by zooming in way too much on giant robots fighting. Thanks for not letting me see what's going on, dude.
THIS. ALL THIS. AS HARD AS POSSIBLE.
Oh, and some slightly more distinct design on each 'bot (particularly the decepticons) wouldn't go amiss.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Jesus Phish said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Ok Bay used up all my good will towards the franchise to see the last two movies. I'm not making that mistake again. I'd only go see this for free.

Also what is up with that title? I get the film has something to do with the dark side of the moon, but why not just call it "Dark Side" than name it after one of the most famous albums of all time?

"Coming next fall Tron 3: OK Computer!"

Also if you're going to the dark side of the Moon (which is a misnomer since there is no "Dark Side") why land ON THE TOTALLY OTHER SIDE OF THE MOON!? Seriously. Did they take an Easyjet flight or something.

This series has done nothing but piss me off, and this movie has done it before the first trailer.
Because the alien ship is crashed on the "dark side" and if they landed on it, it wouldve been televised across the globe and not been much of a secret?
Didn't you watch the trailer. They're already landed next to it. Which isn't really the "dark side" of the Moon then.

Hang on. I'm expecting scientific and historical consistency from a Michael Bay film? Obviously I'm drunk. I look forward to pointing out the scientific errors when it's released. For example there are rays of light in the dust despite being in a vacuum, and they are in radio contact despite supposedly being on the dark side of the moon where you can't get a signal.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
Transformers: Dark of the Moon hits theaters on July 1st, and Bay recommends [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105670-Michael-Bay-Vigorously-Denies-Claims-of-3D-Problems-on-Next-Transformers-Movie] that you watch it in 3D.
Yeah well I "recommend" that he gets punched in the face. I will never again pay nearly $17 to go see a movie in 3D.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
I enjoyed the movies so far. they werent really like transformers, but that would have meant it would be a full 120minute toycommercial that only 7 year olds really could enjoy (i tried to watch again not long ago, i should have left the memories alone).

But still they can't stopp the movies before Grimlock appears ;)

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
the last two movies sucked so I fully expect this to follow suit. And if Unicron IS in it then Orson Welles is going to be spinning in his grave. Or maybe he'll just rise from it so he can kill Bay and ask where the booze is

Demonicdan

Dec 8, 2010
Fetzenfisch said:
I enjoyed the movies so far. they werent really like transformers, but that would have meant it would be a full 120minute toycommercial that only 7 year olds really could enjoy (i tried to watch again not long ago, i should have left the memories alone).

stuff like that was why I never watched the transformers show

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Fetzenfisch said:

My god, Grimlock, i love you <3 XD

OT: I like the first Movie Bay created, it wasn't great, but wasn't bad either apart from killing Jazz the bastard.

The second was definitely a step back, focusing way to much on the Humans, and not the Transformers.

Here's hoping Bay has learned and is moving 2 steps forward with this one.

I heard Bay was going to include an Aircraft Carrier Transformer, which i believe will be Tidalwave. I also believe the Transformer at the end is Alpha Trion (he is the only transformer i remember with a beard in the cartoon) And i know Bay wanted the Dinobots in this movie, or possibly the next.

Also there is rumours that Ratchet Repaired Jazz, so this could be interesting.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
Tucker154 said:
Am I the only one who acualy enjoyed the other Transformers movies(-Megan Foxx)? But if he does actualy focus more on story,that would be VERY nice.
Nope, I actually enjoyed them too, but then I don't have a degree in Transformers lore, and so just watched it because I vaguely remembered them being cool and having robots fight each other back when I was about 5.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Hmmm... I thought the next would be stupider than the second, the second was just pitiful, but I'll admit this one looks interesting.

olfelix

May 14, 2010
With all the hate these movies get I wonder why people bother posting information about the third one. It's "Transformers" folks, it doesn't make you cool to hate on something so insignificant.

OT: I enjoyed the other movies, still do, my kids and I will be enjoying this one as well.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
*shrug* Hey, this could be really good. Who knows...

Just because the last film was....less than stellar..... *shrug*

It's possible?