For those been in a few fights or martial artists-

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
Safety 3rd said:
While i've been in a few fights i'd much rather talk my way out of them.

However, should you be faced with a rather angry person, with no training as indeed, i do not have, i find punching them rather less effective than say holding on to his ear and falling to the ground, nobody likes to fight with half an ear. Failing this, kick him in the bollocks (the old failsafe) and make sure he's down before running like a madman.

Biting peoples faces works too, that really does scare people, but it is also the easist way to lose your teeth lol.

I guess unpredictablilty is the key, as a great man once said;

"The aim in a fight is to get the other person on the ground long enough for you to run away, how you acheive this is just decoration"
Sir Samuel Vimes, Anhk-Morpork City Watch.

Safety 3rd

Dec 7, 2009
Rolling Thunder said:
Safety 3rd said:
While i've been in a few fights i'd much rather talk my way out of them.

However, should you be faced with a rather angry person, with no training as indeed, i do not have, i find punching them rather less effective than say holding on to his ear and falling to the ground, nobody likes to fight with half an ear. Failing this, kick him in the bollocks (the old failsafe) and make sure he's down before running like a madman.

Biting peoples faces works too, that really does scare people, but it is also the easist way to lose your teeth lol.

I guess unpredictablilty is the key, as a great man once said;

"The aim in a fight is to get the other person on the ground long enough for you to run away, how you acheive this is just decoration"
Sir Samuel Vimes, Anhk-Morpork City Watch.
Maximum points for you my friend, maximum points.

DSEZ

Aug 8, 2009
ive been studying marital arts for 4 years also and ive been in alot of fights cause people ask me to prove it or they just wanna hit me and what ive done in those situations except like what you said tiring them out ive always found a kick to the knee or side of the knee helps or a quick hit to the solar plexes will hurt them very badly and by no means if you have no idea what your doing should you fight especially if they have a weapon disarming techniques if not done right will get you killed

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
I don't really know that much, but from my 4 years in Judo i can say that a good strategy is to slip behind them grab them slam them into the ground and choke. You can also learn how to sweep. My teacher was once fighting this big guy and he couldn't shake him off. It was a pretty tense fight until my teacher just ducked and sweeped and knocked him down. It surprised everyone.

I really don't get into fights though, because of my intimidating size.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
BlakBladz said:
Im a studying martial artist (4 years now) and ive been in more then my fair share of fights, but my question is, how do you defeat the helicopter fighters-the psychos, the ones that are angry nd dont have anything to lose. They swing nd swing more often then not with a weapon.
How do you overcome these people without waiting for them to tire out?

Please dont say something along the lines of "avoid all fights" or "use a gun" or anything to that equivalent.

From A (meaning 1) past experience i was badly hit though i was extremely lucky nd got a punch in that knocked him out.
While someone may have brought it up (I didn't read through all the replies as most of them seemed to be about helicopter fighters), I'd advise you go for the shoulder/chest area. A knife hand slightly above the pectoralis major (pec muscle) will incite numbness; do it forcefully enough and you'll bring considerable pain.

Also, you can chop down on the attacker's arm; compress the muscle enough and you'll stem the assault a bit. Another excellent approach is a kick to the side of the leg if you can't get to his torso. The rest of my advice is slightly more dangerous, so I'll keep it to myself unless you feel like messaging me.

There are a ton of things you could do, really. As I'd imagine people have said, a kick to the groin always works.

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
First thing first, if they pull a weapon, for me that is an act of lethality and as such I no long hold back until you are no longer a threat (military training, plus growing up in a rough school and neighborhood).

If they are, as you call it, helicopter fighting, use defense over offense. Letting them tire themselves out is truly the best start, but the best thing I have found is stay just out of their immediate range and dodge (if your a speed fighter like me) or block (if you prefer power and can take hits, and he isn't using a blade) the first few hits, then get inside his guard and land a blow to the throat, solar plexus, and/or groin. When he is stunned, twist an arm behind him and lock it there while tossing him to the ground. Should take care of it.

Of course, if he is using a weapon, what he is using changes everything. Plus his size to yours is something to consider.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
PxDn Ninja said:
Of course, if he is using a weapon, what he is using changes everything. Plus his size to yours is something to consider.
Personally, I don't think that size is that big of a factor. Unless the opponent is sufficiently trained in a martial art, you can use their strength for yourself as much as you want. I've taken out guys a lot bigger than me (I'm 175 lbs) just be leading their punches and using momentum against them.

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
1. Never fight if you've had any alcohol.

2. If he's flailing madly and will chase you if you run (and running is a valid option) if he's wearing trainers, stamp on his feet. He can't chase you with a broken foot.

3. Don't try anything complicated, no high kicks or anything fancy. Only simple locks and then only if the pain of a lock will make him change his mind.

4. Escape before things get out of hand. Angry fights usually do.

If a bottle or a knife is pulled, that's a game ender.. leg it. fast as you can. Don't look back, all energy into left leg, right leg. As someone who practices martial arts, you'll probably outrun them anyway due to superior fitness.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
huh?

since you said often without a weapon... in that case ive always found dodge, knock 'em down and stand of them a lot to be the most effective way... i cant see all the fuss :p

hmm... i dunno... when i fight, i generally do better against that type of opponent, i try to make people as angry as possible cause well... angry people are really predictably un-predictable if that makes sense :S

with weapons, no idea... ive not faught against a weapon without my own before.

shinigamisparda

Nov 21, 2009
BlakBladz said:
Im a studying martial artist (4 years now) and ive been in more then my fair share of fights, but my question is, how do you defeat the helicopter fighters-the psychos, the ones that are angry nd dont have anything to lose. They swing nd swing more often then not with a weapon.
I have a few ideas, but it kinda depends on "what is the opponent trying to do (win, beat you to shit, or kill?) and how much you are willing to hurt them. So, any specifics?

MrDeano89

Jul 1, 2009
BlakBladz said:

Please dont say something along the lines of "avoid all fights" or "use a gun" or anything to that equivalent.

From A (meaning 1) past experience i was badly hit though i was extremely lucky nd got a punch in that knocked him out.

if they are using a weapon, wait for tehm to swing or lunge, then get in close enough to pin that arm down or hold the weapon so he cant effectively use it, then pound his throat in.

if hes just swinging wildy it really depends on what martial art you are trained in, i myself do judo (14 years) and (while not a martial art it really helps in fights) rugby, so for me id just get in close, get him on the floor and start causing him damage

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
CuddlyCombine said:
PxDn Ninja said:
Personally, I don't think that size is that big of a factor. Unless the opponent is sufficiently trained in a martial art, you can use their strength for yourself as much as you want. I've taken out guys a lot bigger than me (I'm 175 lbs) just be leading their punches and using momentum against them.
I agree, was referring to how you throw them to the ground. If the guy is 6'2" 280lbs of muscle, and you are 5'8" 125lbs, a simple throw will be harder to pull off, especially if he is trained in any way. If you know how to use their momentum and such, then it isn't as bad, but always something to consider.

Besides, if he is as big as I just described, I'll definitely be dodging more than blocking, but dodging and evasion is my strength. If you can take damage from blocking (god that sounded like I play a lot of games lol), then again not as important.

Really need to know what styles the OP is trained in and what he prefers to do in a fight other than "just win".

Personally, I have studied a little bit of Kung-Fu, and Brazilian Jujitsu, and a good bit of just street fighting when I was younger. Hell, if he studies Tai kwon do, kicking the enemy legs out would be a better tactic.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Duck and go for the legs. Then stomp on what's left.

I always try to get the first blow in, though.

NghtmaresXNoVaKaiNe

Dec 29, 2009
-Zen- said:
If they pull a weapon on you, it should be perfectly alright to crush their testicles with the end of your foot.
Fists can be considered weapons (just so you know). And as long as it's a street fight...there are no rules. Kick him in the nuts all you wants. People seem to think there are rules to street fights, they fail to realize that theirs no ref's, no fouls and no time outs.

I study Northern Shaolin and hope to one day achieve Long Fist Mantis (which my Sifu has given the tag line of "balls and eyes" due to it's strikes). So if hitting someone in the testicles is wrong, I prefer not to be right. If it ends the fight in less than three moves, you've done your job.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Front pushing kick to the knee, dislocates it, ends the fight.
Or
Front punch to the jugular, they go down gasping for air, but this can kill them.
Or
Straight Spear Fingertip Thrust down the mouth, make them vomit, being sick tends to stop people being aggressive.

Sometimes you have to take a hit to get a hit, be ready for it.

colourcodedchaos

Jun 20, 2008
Core Combatives' main tenet is this: If you're fighting the crazies, crazy the hell back. If you do martial arts, you have the knowledge and training to do it better than them. They have bravery and muscles but that is it. You can have more than they do.

Go like fuck and remember: You WILL get hurt at some point, so don't do what's best for you, do what's WORST for him

Aitruis

Mar 4, 2009
BlakBladz said:

In situations like that, control is your biggest asset. I know the idea that one can have all the power in the world but if they can't control it they have nothing is rather cliche, but it's true. People that fly off into nerdragegasms like that aren't paying a whole lot of attention to what they, or you, are doing. As such, they're incredibly predictable, and leave themselves open for all kinds of attacks.

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
Aim for the throat or groin and never fight fair. If they give you a finger, bend it in a way its not supposed to go. Keep it simple. And never kick the head. You will fall over and look like an idiot.

Mythbhavd

May 1, 2008
The helicopter fighter is so angry they're not thinking. If you're in a fight like that, you need to be defend a bit, pull back, watch what they're doing, then take advantage of the fact that they're neither skilled nor thinking. It might mean that you take a couple of blows, but if you keep your calm, you can take advantage of their lack thereof.