Fox = Fair and Rational?

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I'm getting tired of Fox repeatedly trying to enforce that idea of itself. I want to know what you guys think. It won't make the slightest difference in the end because Fox will still be Fox, but at least I will know where the Escapist stands.

So is the aforementioned statement true? If not, what network is the most fair and rational etc.?

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I absolutely hate everything Fox stands for and promotes, but there's nothing I can do about it other than just *****, so I choose to disassociate myself from it as much as possible.

Really, all you can do is sit and laugh.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
I think they're all the same, in the end. You get editorializing no matter what. Fox is probably the worst but there is no satisfactory answer.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Fox are dribbling morons.

The fact that it is deliberate makes it worse.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
No.
They are very Right winged.
I agree with some things, and disagree with other things they say.

But no major news network is balanced, at least none that i know of.

Fox is probably the only major conservative source.
CNN and MSNBC are as far left as fox is as far right, so your gonna haft to watch a lot of news, and look op things for yourself if you want fair and balanced.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
fox= hate everyone that isnt a christen American with at least 6guns

the BBC is where its at...... with its post Armageddon rave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEPcUWk8xEo

Andsre

Dec 25, 2008
I don't live in the US so I don't know if there actually is a fair and balanced network. Fox though... if they really believe that they are balanced, it wouldn't even be funny. It would be scary as hell.

Jumping_Over_Fences

Apr 15, 2009
I assume you are speaking about Fox New Channel and not just the Fox network. Those are two completely different entities.

I don't agree with what Fox News Channel stands for, but they are incredibly good at what they do. They know what they are and they aren't afraid to show it.

As for their motto "fair and balanced," they are no where near that idea. However, it completely feeds into what they stand for. I have to give them credit where credit is due. Credit is different than respect.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
xXAsherahXx said:
I'm getting tired of Fox repeatedly trying to enforce that idea of itself. I want to know what you guys think. It won't make the slightest difference in the end because Fox will still be Fox, but at least I will know where the Escapist stands.

So is the aforementioned statement true? If not, what network is the most fair and rational etc.?
Correct Answer: None. All modern News is Un-Fair and Biased, be it for the Left or the Right. Fox News is just a part of the American Right, which is far different from the European Left or even the European Right, so that's why most people here hate it to death (I simply dislike it). I get all my information from the Internet, but even that has Bias.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Fox is about as blatantly right wing as it's possible for a news network to get without going into violent reactionary territory. However, I take issue with the people who say CNN and MSNBC are just as far to the left. CNN is relatively neutral; their pundits argue whichever side they think will get them better ratings, and as a result their editorialism is fairly schizophrenic. MSNBC has liberal pundits on during the evenings, but unless something has changed since I last watched the morning pundits, they actually have a few conservative shows as well. Also, I don't remember Bill O'Reilly ever calling President Bush out for making a mistake; the columnists on MSNBC call Obama's mistakes all the time, even though most of them are personally liberal in their politics.

Also, OP, I'm pretty sure that Fox's byline is "Fair and Balanced," not "Fair and Rational." The best example of Fox keeping up the appearance of that name was on their show "Hannity and Colmes," which was hosted by one Republican and one Democrat, although they made sure the Democrat rarely got a good point in.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
I read this and was like....fox...fox...OH!
Ya they're lying imbeciles. Or people trying to get some money.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009

I trust these guys more than I do Fox. They're at least open about being biased.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I'm gonna go with BBC as the unbiased news station. I'm sure they have a few hiccups, but they're nowhere near as bad as American news stations.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
lacktheknack said:
xXAsherahXx said:
but at least I will know where the Escapist stands.
You've clearly never been in the Religion and Politics forum.
I wonder if he'll avoid the trap door?

OT: I personally think all news is naturally biased. Fox is something else though... Am I ever glad that the Canadian equivalent of Fox (sun something or other) didn't get the rights to broadcast in Canada. Canada doesn't need a Fox network.

Feb 13, 2008
Provide evidence of Fox being fair and rational, then there might be a an argument for such.

Every clip I've seen of it has been rightwing controversy and hatred. And we have the Daily Fail for such things.