Fox = Fair and Rational?

Zechnophobe

Feb 4, 2010
zHellas said:
Aulleas123 said:
When I need the liberal side, I'll go to MSNBC or the Daily Show.
The Daily Show doesn't have a liberal bias. Nor any bias for that matter.
I think you are very wrong here. Since their form of entertainment is normally making fun of politics and the news coverage thereof, it may be more hidden. But I'd say the Daily Show does in fact a fairly noticeable Left Wing bias.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Zechnophobe said:
zHellas said:
Aulleas123 said:
I think you are very wrong here. Since their form of entertainment is normally making fun of politics and the news coverage thereof, it may be more hidden. But I'd say the Daily Show does in fact a fairly noticeable Left Wing bias.
May I please have some proof, sir?

(Sorry, I just like answering in silly ways :p. But seriously, may I have some proof?)

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
xXAsherahXx said:
I'm getting tired of Fox repeatedly trying to enforce that idea of itself. I want to know what you guys think. It won't make the slightest difference in the end because Fox will still be Fox, but at least I will know where the Escapist stands.

So is the aforementioned statement true? If not, what network is the most fair and rational etc.?
This belongs in the Religion and Politics section. PM a mod to ask them to move it.

Zechnophobe

Feb 4, 2010
zHellas said:
Zechnophobe said:
zHellas said:
Aulleas123 said:

(Sorry, I just like answering in silly ways :p. But seriously, may I have some proof?)
I am glad that is your take on things, though I would have to ask what you would consider 'proof' of a bias? Show a clip where they were harsh of a Republican? I'm sure you could show another clip of the same of a Democrat. Even if I showed there were more fun poked at Conservatives, obviously it could just be there is more fun to be poked at.

I think though, that the best I can do is to point out that Stephen Colbert didn't break from the Daily Show to make a spoof of Kieth Olberman (spelling?). While this isn't 'The Daily Show' per se, it is the same group of people, and it is a strong satirization of the style of media done by Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I depend on Al Jazeera for the news. They present both sides of the story fairly and they cover news that FOX News and many other news channels don't bother to cover. Plus, they don't have shows hosted by commentators who were mental asylum escapees.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
As I've said in other similar threads:
Reporting on Obamas, and I quote verbitim, "terrorist fist jab" justifies all criticism of Fox ever. EVER.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
zHellas said:
Zechnophobe said:
zHellas said:
Aulleas123 said:

It actually has developed more into a left leaning news program because of Colbert with attempts to cover the whole spectrum and not be so single minded. And while he does stay rather central, it has been rather easy to pick on Republicans as of late with the whole tea party rise in fame.

OT: Actually, Fox News is reported as being more fair than MSNBC. CNN is still closer to the middle when it comes to shows, but Anderson Cooper is a Democrat along with Larry King so their nightly segments tend to flow that way.

And before you ask, Fox News being more balanced than MSNBC proof:
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20101104_Stu_Bykofsky__Olbermann_fair__O_Reilly_balanced__What_we_found.html?page=1&c=y

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
Fox News Network should be sued for false advertising. It's not news, it's pure propaganda fear mongering.

MoeTheMonk

Apr 26, 2010
KEM10 said:
zHellas said:
Zechnophobe said:
zHellas said:
Aulleas123 said:

It actually has developed more into a left leaning news program because of Colbert with attempts to cover the whole spectrum and not be so single minded. And while he does stay rather central, it has been rather easy to pick on Republicans as of late with the whole tea party rise in fame.

OT: Actually, Fox News is reported as being more fair than MSNBC. CNN is still closer to the middle when it comes to shows, but Anderson Cooper is a Democrat along with Larry King so their nightly segments tend to flow that way.

And before you ask, Fox News being more balanced than MSNBC proof:
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20101104_Stu_Bykofsky__Olbermann_fair__O_Reilly_balanced__What_we_found.html?page=1&c=y
Are you sure you linked the right story? All I got from that article was a reaffirmation that Fox is more balanced than MSNBC.

"Here are the totals for the week:

The O'Reilly Factor" welcomed 20 guests from the right, 11 from the left and seven who were neutral. Left and neutral voices combined almost equaled those from the right. Countdown with Keith Olbermann" had 20 guests from the left, two neutral and not a single voice from the right. Zero voices of dissent."

"When it comes to their sources of news, too many Americans live in "silos," protected from contrary views. We'd do better, learn a bit more, by listening to some opposing ideas. You get that from Fox's O'Reilly, not MSNBC's Olbermann."

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
MoeTheMonk said:
Are you sure you linked the right story? All I got from that article was a reaffirmation that Fox is more balanced than MSNBC.
Yes I am sure, that was the point in my post. Fox News is more balanced than MSNBC.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
uchi mata said:
are you saying that the censorship of idea's you don't agree with is ok
I'm perfectly fine with with hearing/seeing idea's I don't agree with. I just don't like the Fox model. It seems very dishonest, manipulative of employees and aggressive. Outfoxed opened my eyes to how the network runs.[footnote]Not that I watched Fox news before I saw that film anyway.[/footnote]

MoeTheMonk

Apr 26, 2010
KEM10 said:
MoeTheMonk said:
Yes I am sure, that was the point in my post. Fox News is more balanced than MSNBC.
Oh sorry, I must have read your post wrong.

Paulie92

Mar 6, 2010
MoeTheMonk said:
Paulie92 said:
MoeTheMonk said:
Most people who call Fox rabidly right-wing got their opinion from watching Glenn Beck one time and made up their minds for good. CNN is just as biased as Fox is, and MSNBC is 10x worse. Fox may have conservative-minded hosts, but at least when they have a debate, it's the host, 2 conservatives, and two left-wingers. Compare that to the other networks, which usually contain an all left-wing group, with maybe one conservative thrown in for the heck of it.
..... debate..... on FOX? hahahahhaha You mean the host loudly stating whatever moronic opinion they've concieved from no evidence whatsoever?
Maybe you should stop listening to what random people on the internet say about Fox, and actually watch it yourself a few times.
Well there was that Mass Effect thing, totally equal debate, the clip on extra credits I saw recently and Bill O'Reily suggesting that two kids abducted by sex offenders and abused for a year would've had a good time "No school, play all day" I believe was the quote.

Both those debates only had people from the opposing sides so that the host would twist their words to suggest something immoral. I've also seen the charming Mr. O'Reily disconnect people that disagreed with him. Yeah, I've watched it once or twice

Sep 9, 2010
If Fox= fair and whatever that other word was
then The crusades= acts of kindness
the inquistion= a civil rights movement
Imperialism=the promotion of local cultures
and John Stewart=The farthest right person you will ever see EVER. he's so damn far right he hunts commies and liberals at night.
That is if Fox=fair and that other word

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Fox is unfair and irrational. Their anchors are children, cutting off people while they speak.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
They're complete idiots. The Mass Effect thing, canceling Firefly, plus who knows what else they've done that I don't know about or don't remember.

Sep 9, 2010
DuctTapeJedi said:
Fox News Network should be sued for false advertising. It's not news, it's pure propaganda fear mongering.
I said that once. And then all my friends said "constitutional rights" Plus a while ago Fox said that the only parts of its programming that is actuall news is (essentially) the parts no one watches. Beck, O'riely and those people are not actual reporters. I mean I'm not supporting Fox here just pointing out the facts