Fox = Fair and Rational?

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
Assassin Xaero said:
Fox News is fair and balanced!

And I'm a half-human, half-demon from Jupiter...
Basically this.

But in my case I'm a would-be Cosmic Overlord whose only primary function anymore is being thrown through the nearest uninhabited planet by my girlfriend. Or just shot in the head if she's feeling nice.
And my family is richer than God(or any similar entity that deals in extreme amounts of wealth).
And the moon IS actually made out of cheese. God said so.
And the world actually CARES when certain celebrities die of cancer etc etc and milk it for all its worth on TV.

Yeah okay I'll stop for now xD

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Julianking93 said:
I absolutely hate everything Fox stands for and promotes, but there's nothing I can do about it other than just *****, so I choose to disassociate myself from it as much as possible.

Really, all you can do is sit and laugh.
Since I've heard a rumor that Fred Phelps has been ordered the Freedom to shut his fucking mouth I've been looking for something new to hate on. Bill O'Rielly fits the bill as my new internet punching bag.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
there is a vast difference between Fox network and FoxNews. Fox News is the "fair and balanced" garbage that is neither.

Fox Network is home to such great TV shows as The Simpsons, Family Guy, 24, et al. the Fox Network news is usually local news and is indeed quite impartial.

Personally, I think Rupert "HM" Murdock (heh) should drop FoxNews and concentrate on his channels people actually watch, and are at least partially interesting most of the time. then again...
Brought to you by Torgo's Executive Powder. It's got a million and one uses!

uchi mata

Nov 7, 2010
Redlin5 said:
uchi mata said:
are you saying that the censorship of idea's you don't agree with is ok
I'm perfectly fine with with hearing/seeing idea's I don't agree with. I just don't like the Fox model. It seems very dishonest, manipulative of employees and aggressive. Outfoxed opened my eyes to how the network runs.[footnote]Not that I watched Fox news before I saw that film anyway.[/footnote]
I don't even watch them or any news channel for that madder on account that there all slanted one way or another you just sounded like you thought that people in Canada should not be able to hear certain ideas or belief systems
but one sec you have never watched fox and a opinion film convinced you that they are dishonest/evil lol

MoeTheMonk

Apr 26, 2010
Paulie92 said:
MoeTheMonk said:
Paulie92 said:
MoeTheMonk said:
Most people who call Fox rabidly right-wing got their opinion from watching Glenn Beck one time and made up their minds for good. CNN is just as biased as Fox is, and MSNBC is 10x worse. Fox may have conservative-minded hosts, but at least when they have a debate, it's the host, 2 conservatives, and two left-wingers. Compare that to the other networks, which usually contain an all left-wing group, with maybe one conservative thrown in for the heck of it.
..... debate..... on FOX? hahahahhaha You mean the host loudly stating whatever moronic opinion they've concieved from no evidence whatsoever?
Maybe you should stop listening to what random people on the internet say about Fox, and actually watch it yourself a few times.
Well there was that Mass Effect thing, totally equal debate, the clip on extra credits I saw recently and Bill O'Reily suggesting that two kids abducted by sex offenders and abused for a year would've had a good time "No school, play all day" I believe was the quote.

Both those debates only had people from the opposing sides so that the host would twist their words to suggest something immoral. I've also seen the charming Mr. O'Reily disconnect people that disagreed with him. Yeah, I've watched it once or twice
I don't think Fox putting out a misleading story about nudity in Mass Effect has anything to do with them being "fair and balanced." Oh, and that misquote was about a boy who had plenty of chances to escape from his captors but never did. O'Reily was suggesting that the boy might have liked something about his circumstances, and thus not ran away when he could.

As for twisting their words, I think the only show you might see that on is O'Reily. And in spite of that, the only time I've seen O'Reily disconnect someone is when they were being a total ass, yelling and babbling constantly, never giving anyone else a chance to speak.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Fox? Fox is the most irrational channel I know, and being European, I can't even receive it.

They are dirty, morally wrong conservatives who shun and fear anything different or new. See muslims, homosexuals, and video games.

arkady

Nov 9, 2007
RE: The Daily Show left-wing bias.

The Daily Show, as far as I know, is a satire show. In the UK satire shows tend to lean the opposite way the government.

Fox News:
This is massively distasteful and absolutely disgusting journalism. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IwIRNM5noY]
Having invited someone on who lost his father in the 9/11 attacks, because he also signed the "Not In My Name" petition, he then gives him a brutal dressing down on the grounds of a simple disagreement.

Paulie92

Mar 6, 2010
MoeTheMonk said:
Paulie92 said:
MoeTheMonk said:
Paulie92 said:
MoeTheMonk said:
Most people who call Fox rabidly right-wing got their opinion from watching Glenn Beck one time and made up their minds for good. CNN is just as biased as Fox is, and MSNBC is 10x worse. Fox may have conservative-minded hosts, but at least when they have a debate, it's the host, 2 conservatives, and two left-wingers. Compare that to the other networks, which usually contain an all left-wing group, with maybe one conservative thrown in for the heck of it.
..... debate..... on FOX? hahahahhaha You mean the host loudly stating whatever moronic opinion they've concieved from no evidence whatsoever?
Maybe you should stop listening to what random people on the internet say about Fox, and actually watch it yourself a few times.
Well there was that Mass Effect thing, totally equal debate, the clip on extra credits I saw recently and Bill O'Reily suggesting that two kids abducted by sex offenders and abused for a year would've had a good time "No school, play all day" I believe was the quote.

Both those debates only had people from the opposing sides so that the host would twist their words to suggest something immoral. I've also seen the charming Mr. O'Reily disconnect people that disagreed with him. Yeah, I've watched it once or twice
I don't think Fox putting out a misleading story about nudity in Mass Effect has anything to do with them being "fair and balanced." Oh, and that misquote was about a boy who had plenty of chances to escape from his captors but never did. O'Reily was suggesting that the boy might have liked something about his circumstances, and thus not ran away when he could.

As for twisting their words, I think the only show you might see that on is O'Reily. And in spite of that, the only time I've seen O'Reily disconnect someone is when they were being a total ass, yelling and babbling constantly, never giving anyone else a chance to speak.
I wasn't talking about the story with Mass Effect so much as the following interviews where the got a game develepor and someone else. I think it was a concerned parent it's been that long since I've watched it, but the interview went along the lines of yelling at the game designer, telling him the industry was immoral and commiserating with the concerned parent about the lack of morality in todays society. The clip I was talking about Bill O'Rielly just shouted over the person and when they shouted back he just disconnected them.

If the exact quote was wrong that's hardly the point, and if that was the opinion he was trying to convey he went about it in a complete tactless way not to mention the opinion was based on ignorance. Putting out a misleading story is relevant to them being fair and rational because you don't do that sort of thing if you are an objective source of news.

Apr 29, 2010
Wait. Aren't all news networks biased in some way or form? What might seem fair to one person could come across as being biased to another, right?

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Fox=lame

CNN=also lame

Why is it always Fox News that gets the rap for shit and everyone lets CNN do whatever the crap they want to?