Fox News Says Bulletstorm Could Make You a Rapist

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Well, atleast rapists get their pick on women.
BOOYA!
But why does anyone take Fox seriously? They're idiots.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
after watching a commercial for bulletstorm I suddenly find myself compelled to....

not buy the game. huh, I would have thought I was going to feel compelled to rape, oh well, guess it wasn't violent enough...?

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
I played a violent game with naughty words in it when I was a kid. Next thing I knew, I was chain-raping left and right. It didn't matter what I ran across, I had to sodomize it. I couldn't control myself. My classmates, my teacher, my desk, the chalk sponge, it was all the same. My mind snapped, and rape was the only answer to my addled, damaged brains. And now I rape every day and night, feverishly and without pause. It's taking every ounce of my willpower to hold for just long enough to write this post.
But hey, what else could you expect? After all, I did play a video game.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"The increase in rapes can be attributed in large part to the playing out of [sexual] scenes in videogames," she said.Permalink
I'd just LOVE to see the study that supports this.

OldRat said:
I played a violent game with naughty words in it when I was a kid. Next thing I knew, I was chain-raping left and right. It didn't matter what I ran across, I had to sodomize it. I couldn't control myself. My classmates, my teacher, my desk, the chalk sponge, it was all the same. My mind snapped, and rape was the only answer to my addled, damaged brains. And now I rape every day and night, feverishly and without pause. It's taking every ounce of my willpower to hold for just long enough to write this post.
But hey, what else could you expect? After all, I did play a video game.
5 Internets for you, my rapist friend.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
The Stonker said:
Well, atleast rapists get their pick on women.
BOOYA!
But why does anyone take Fox seriously? They're idiots.
Because people are idiots that can't think for themselves.

Rath709

Mar 18, 2008
Rock, Paper, Shotguns' John Walker contacted those quoted by Fox News in an attempt to get some clarification. Click below for the grand result.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/09/churnalism-fox-news-selective-quoting/

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
guys seriously if you have a problem with what is aid on fox new please for the love of god EMAIL them! im sorry but im sick in tired of this shit always getting brought up and 16 plus pages of people bitching about a news source. Reporters are all about public opinoin email them (assumeing you can be civil dont send them shit like "your stupid" or "your always wrong!" that just gives them fuel. And before anyone asks yes i email them and very rarely get any sort of responce but im just one person i dought id ever get through on my own but if say 50k people sent emails on the same thing im pretty sure they would start takeing us seriously.

Grimlock Fett

Apr 14, 2010
Sarah Frazier said:
Grimlock Fett said:
HELLO
I AM 12
MY PARENTS LET ME PLAY AN 18 RATED GAME
NOW I AM A RAPIST
WHO IS TO BLAME?

Well Timmy society would have us believe that the game was to blame because of its graphic content but the game clearly states it is intended for humans aged 18 and above!

Do games need to come with an advisory warning for the easily influenced and generally retarded!?

WARNING: THE CONTENT HERE IN SHOULD NOT BE RE-INACTED IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM
.........................FROGGER 3D.........................

I've been shooting people in the face and crotch for years and I'm still an outwardly well balanced member of the society that wants to make my only hobbie flying kites!!!
Fly kites?! Don't you know how dangerous that is? You could hit a power line, or a bird, or another person if the kite falls. No, what you need is nice, safe, bubble wrap that's already been popped. Just be sure not to get it near your face or you could suffocate. Not that we'd hold you responsible for it. Someone should put warnings on the stuff about how dangerous it can be. (It's late and I just want to make snarky comments at how 'dangerous' everything is these days.)

EDIT for spelling. It really is late.
I dont really fly kites at all! I just wanted to sound "edgy" and "alternative"! I really only have computer games and the Internet! I have IRL friends but.... well... just but!

Also even saying things are dangerous is dangerous because an unsupervised teen may assume that because something is dangerous they should go mental and start hacking up the place in order to level up so they can get through levels later on with ease!

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
There goes Fox News again, punishing the children of stupid parents. I suppose the ethical problems outweigh the advantages of sterilising anyone who believes what they see/hear on Fox News.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Hi, Face.

Meet palm.

How is Fox still running, I kinda wonder if some billionaire somewhere funds them just because they're so hilariously stupid and he wants something to laugh at.

Zachary Unkle

Jan 16, 2011
"Violent videogames like Bulletstorm have the potential to send the message that violence and insults with sexual innuendos are the way to handle disputes and problems."

Obviously,this person has never been on an Internet forum.

vgviolencebs

Feb 9, 2011
This is like article #5000000 that has been done on this. Fox news and all other news companies don't understand; IT'S NOT THE GAMES IT'S THE PARENTS! There is a reason the ESRB was created but apparently only gamers and people in the gaming industry understand that.

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
But then again, ALL video game news outlets are biased shit. Whenever it comes to a political issue with games, they refuse to acknowledge the other side. Video Game Voters Network is a prime example. Fucking retards.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
So thats why rapists exist... I guess the M rating means nothing to parents anymore. "Mommy, I want that game!" "Ok Johny, let me see if Mommy brought enough money. Ok sweety?" Game in question: God of War 3. What the Fuck (yes thats capitalized)?! Bulletstorm is not even technically meant for children under seventeen. Media and concerned parents? FAIL!

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Why does FOX news even exist anymore? Aren't they universally considered to be a bad source of information?

Curtisthekiller

Nov 26, 2008
This just in:Random internet forum poster claims watching Fox 'news' makes you a bad person that will one day burn down an orphanage full of cute, defenseless puppies, i will now cite a random forum troll who will make a baseless- and most likely false statement. Whom will present no statistics or proof of her 'findings' publish the slander on news slot tv hours and call it a day.

Or i would do such things- if i operated on the level of Fox 'herp-derp' propaganda hour.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
Bulletsorm does wha----?

Psh, I been rapin people before I could walk... /derp

Seriously FOX you're an embarrassment to the journalism community.

vgviolencebs said:
This is like article #5000000 that has been done on this. Fox news and all other news companies don't understand; IT'S NOT THE GAMES IT'S THE PARENTS! There is a reason the ESRB was created but apparently only gamers and people in the gaming industry understand that.
Also, this^

If you let your child play this and they do something bad, it's because you fail at being a responsible parent.

...or because you feed them lead paint chips.

chalkfail

Feb 9, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
But what you're missing here is that the Fox report presents a number of "experts" condemning videogames, while the only defense comes from the game industry itself. If anything, it's an attempt to put the game industry on the defensive by placing educated professionals on one side of the argument and the industry's self-interest on the other. Hal Halpin is a good guy and very good at his job, but at the end of the day he's just some dude who shills for gamers, which isn't much when stacked up against authors, psychologists and university professors.
This is exactly what you should have written in the article. I would have had no problem if that was the point you were making. I agree 100% that news media in general should be giving our side(as game enthusiasts, I think we're all on the same side in this area) better representation. There are plenty of other experts who would call BS on claims like Lieberman's. But that isn't the point people are taking away from your article. Instead, you focused solely on the (admittedly, absurd) claims that one side made to FOX and concluded that FOX completely supports these claims, while suggesting that FOX just makes stuff up to promote their own agenda. In actuality, FOX did attempt to get the other side of the argument. Should they be bringing in experts as well as industry guys? Absolutely. But did they lie and report that Bulletstorm is going to turn kids into a bunch of psychos? Not at all.
My problem really boils down to this: instead of making a good point like you just did, you focused your article on taking shots at a news organization you dislike(I seem to recall a few other articles that would support that assumption). You grossly misrepresented the whole of the article and rather than spark conversation about getting news media to examine video games more fairly, you started a bunch of "FOX is evil and dishonest and hates gamers" talk.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Well, shoot. If a rapist plays a game then the game must be the cause of it somehow yes?
Guess what else?
Studies show that people that have recently eaten ice cream are more at risk attacks by sharks!
Ice Cream is behind it all!
See correlation doesn't mean causation. I mean that's just being F'n ignorant. What makes their stance so much more right then mine?