Fox News Says Bulletstorm Could Make You a Rapist

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
We all know the behavior of the "Fox News". I wonder about the validity of the other news they are reporting....

JoeKickAzz

Feb 22, 2009
Woodsey said:
Fox News is both informative and intelligent.

See, I can make shit up too.
You sir, made my day.

We wont have to worry about old people complaining about violent video games for much longer, just a few more decades until we decide whats violent or not.

Splashtastic

Jun 9, 2010
This is actually beyond ridiculous, although to be honest to be expected from Fox News these days...

Evil Alpaca

May 22, 2010
So...

Gamers have the reputation that they are too busy with video games for sex

and

Gamers are responsible for the increase sexual assualt

I would love to see Fox try and explain these two conflicting stereotypes. The resulting bull will blow so many minds that Fox News will be labeled a weapon of mass destruction.

Matthew Lynch

Jun 26, 2010
Evil Alpaca said:
So...

Gamers have the reputation that they are too busy with video games for sex

and

Gamers are responsible for the increase sexual assualt

I would love to see Fox try and explain these two conflicting stereotypes. The resulting bull will blow so many minds that Fox News will be labeled a weapon of mass destruction.
You got that right, mate.

There is only one thing I can say to Fox news after that...and that is: what a bunch of brain dead morons.

Tom Blackwell

Feb 9, 2011
Fox News blatantly makes news up. One important example is their "Pink Pistols" segment, where a fake detective reported on a national, underground network of marauding lesbian rape gangs, turning everyone into lesbians like a rapin' zombie swarm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOpChXhglGg

According to them, Washington DC alone has over 100 lesbian gangs.

Tellingly, Canada's conservative government is working giving Canada its own Fox News equivalent. Since lying in our regulated news media is illegal, they have to change the law first. Laws agains lying in news coverage are expected to be amended later today, in fact, to allow making up news so long as it presents no direct physical threat to the public.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
This blaming of video games annoys me so much. Games have an 18 rating for a reason, just because bulletstorm has sexual references doesn't mean other games don't have copius swearing. Parents that just throw high rated games at 11 year olds and blame games should be shot. The other year in the Daily Mail (I don't read it) and the writer had bought a DS for her three young kids. It caused arguments so she took it away and wrote how games cause anger and violence...it's not as if anything else would cause arguments. I think people see games as something easy to blame, like blaming anyone foreign to a country for the lack of jobs or homes because they themselves are useless.

Matthew Lynch

Jun 26, 2010
Pebblig said:
This blaming of video games annoys me so much. Games have an 18 rating for a reason, just because bulletstorm has sexual references doesn't mean other games don't have copius swearing. Parents that just throw high rated games at 11 year olds and blame games should be shot. The other year in the Daily Mail (I don't read it) and the writer had bought a DS for her three young kids. It caused arguments so she took it away and wrote how games cause anger and violence...it's not as if anything else would cause arguments. I think people see games as something easy to blame, like blaming anyone foreign to a country for the lack of jobs or homes because they themselves are useless.
Sadly, some people like to blame things that technically cannot answer back. As such, video games are a wonderful scapegoat. Its not like they can do much as even the smallest game development company has a small army of lawyers.

Tiewing

Nov 21, 2010
Laugh all you want guys, but I played the Bulletstorm demo and I wanted to rape everything in sight.

Hopposai

Jun 9, 2009
As a parent I am smart enough to know that the title of "Bulletstorm" is not ment for children. But I can't speak for the fox news audience. What I love it that the party they ally themselves with is all for small, out of my face government, until it comes to something they can't control or they don't agree with. But if violent games make you a killer rapist, then throw me in jail.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I miss the days when I was young and naive and thought all news programs made you smarter. Now I'm struggling to find one that doesn't make you dumber.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Come on, humanity! I thought we were past this? Stop blaming things that are nobody's fault on things that can't possibly be responsible for anything!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
chalkfail said:
For starters, how about just the title of this article. As I recall, there were two sides presented in the FOX article.
Sure, there's some anti-video game slant there, but all news media has a skewed perspective on this medium and likely will for quite some time. I think this was as fair an article about a controversial game as any. And the article does mention that they reached out to Epic for a statement. They could've easily given the kind of common sense arguments we'd like for news media to report on.
But what you're missing here is that the Fox report presents a number of "experts" condemning videogames, while the only defense comes from the game industry itself. If anything, it's an attempt to put the game industry on the defensive by placing educated professionals on one side of the argument and the industry's self-interest on the other. Hal Halpin is a good guy and very good at his job, but at the end of the day he's just some dude who shills for gamers, which isn't much when stacked up against authors, psychologists and university professors.

I readily admit that I am biased, against stupidity and dishonesty, and I'll call it out when I see it. The fact that Fox News seems to be a fairly frequent purveyor of such is out of my hands.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Fox News is at my brain, killing my neurons. I wonder if they would read something like this out loud at a press conference with people looking at them and trying not to sound like morons.