Fox News Takes Aim at "Offensive" Duke Nukem Forever

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
BabyRaptor said:
Still Life said:
Someone should give them a reassuring slap...

I don't know how anyone can see Fox as a viable source of news, to be honest.
I do. I live with one.

The nice people on the TV reinforce what he wants to be true. And since he thinks he's the smartest person in the world, he can't wrong...So if they agree with him, they must be right too.
You should tell him to wake up once in a while =p

I prefer to get my news from multiple sources. Fox is nothing more than infotainment, and isn't far from North Korean and Chinese state news -- in my eyes -- when it comes to how they tell their 'stories'.

I recently discovered Al Jazeera: so far, it has proven a very worthy source of news.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
TheTurtleMan said:
Well in Fox News' defense, Duke Nukem is technically sexist and over the line. They just can't understand that it being so over-the top is what makes it great!
Very true. It'd be like begrudging the Joker for being a homocidal manic. Yes, that's bad and can be portrayed as bad... but that's why he is so loved... that and Mark Hamill's voice. :D

MajWound

Mar 18, 2009
Duke Nukem is offensive.
The sky is blue.
Fox News is not a legitimate source of information.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I might find Duke Nukem tasteless and obnoxious, but even I recognize that it is all meant to be a big joke. People, like Fox news, who take it seriously and flip out over it are just ignorant. :/

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
Duke Nukem people are prolly loving EVERY min of it. It's free hype for your game. I think it's a proven fact Fox news hate adds to a games selling power. LOL.

Serge A. Storms

Oct 7, 2009
Fuck that, I'm taking the entire Duke Nukem seriously from now on, and I'm going to break down and rebuild my personality to match that of the perfect man.

But seriously, if Fox was concerned with objectifying women they wouldn't bring a bunch of hot bimbos on and let them make fools of themselves while everyone stares at the semi-exposed T&A.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Doesn't this technically mean it's successful with FOX? I'm sure that Gearbox would consider the hype to be a failure if FOX didn't say something about it.
I can only hope to one day offend FOX news to the core. Adding that to my list of life goals.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Danm, I had April 14th in the "Fox bitches about Duke Nukem Forever" pool. Oh well, maybe I'll make a comeback in the "Fox bitches about every slightly left leaning thing in the Captian America Movie" pool.

To be fair, they are 100% right in the accusation. duke is violently offensive, and as it's about the only hook he has, DNF should be as over the top as possible without hitting an A rating. The joke is that the idea that there are games like this isn't news. Heck the fact there are mainstream games like this isn't news. I mean, I'll be fair. Most of Fox's investigative reporters are trying to verify a birth certificate somewhere, vut someone's kid should have pointed out we're well beyond the NES days of family friendliness.

That, and if they find Duke so shocking, I'll show them some of what my friends import from Japan.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Seems like Fox has declined so much that they need some uninteresting info about some "Fait divers" in order to increase the ratings...

Islandboy2

Dec 17, 2010
seriously, why Fox News. Your only giving attention to a game that everyone else stopped caring about a decade ago. We don't need your "journalism" to tell us that Duke Nukem is going to be offensive. Congratulations, welcome to a decade ago Fox News.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
"Duke Nukem Forever "is even more offensive" "

We know. That's on the box as a feature. Saying a Duke Nukem game isn't sexist and offensive is like calling a postal game mild mannered.

Duke is a rude, crude killing dude. No one expects anything different from him.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It took you THIS LONG to get on the Duke's case, Fox? You are slipping...

Still, what a joke. The network of sensationalist news and bogus facts is trying to attack an obviously non-serious action game. The Duke isn't anything but a load of laughs, one-liners, and combat. This game wouldn't harm even a child's brain.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Konaerix said:
Well...I don't know what to think when it comes to this game anyway...
I felt that way right up until I saw a bit of the old games and read more about this one. It does seem to me that the intent IS to intentionally objectify women, and it may not be up to my beloved video games to move society foward, but right now we really don't need help in retarding it's foward momentum either. I just think either Fox just doesn't realize that it's advertising it or they will most likely profit from it in some way.

I also don't buy that people just want to play an over the top action hero comedy. If that were true the sales for Eat Lead the Legend of Matt Hazard would have been MUCH better, especially since everyone who actually plays it is surprised at how funny and actually good it is. Most impressive to me is that it does that without objectifying anything but video games which is hillarious. Seriously that game is worth it just for the Soak'em level! Sadly though that game was marginalized faster than you can say Non-Violent Third Person Water Based Shooter....