Fox News Takes Aim at "Offensive" Duke Nukem Forever

Taluien

Apr 15, 2009
Dear Fox... this is hardly any kind of news, is it? It's Duke Nukem, for friggs sake! It was testosteronepoisoned mindless fun while it still was 2D, what do you expect from the series? I mean, if they had made the Duke a homosexual pacifist who solves all problems with hourlong debates that you as the player have to deliver yourself with a microphone, then it would be news. But that it's sexist, gory, over-the-top and absolutely not taking itself serious? We knew that when DN:F was first announced.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
i dont see why anybody thinks this is a problem. or any anti video game rant for that matter, i have yet to read one that isnt by some republican living under a rock christian nutjob, and all it does is it makes the anti video game crowd look stupid. this has been happening for every form of art since books, and for every sucess of artistic acheivment we look back and see the people who would stop at nothing to get in the way. fox news is that people. wow that was awful grammar. anyway we will look back on this, as we did on the civil rights movement, and realize, that it is the republicans who are always in the way

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
SinisterGehe said:
No one saw this coming... Well my friend didn't. (I won 5 euros in a bet)
Oh well this will be another box office success and then Fox calls someone on air to say that violent video-games turn people rapist/gay/violent/terrorist/democrat/lazy/drug user/sexist/horrible person in general.

Btw' about sexism. How can games turn people sexist if the female player base is increasing all the time and the amount of gamers that want to welcome women to games is increasing all the time... So when we accept women to our community, we are being sexist? Because that mean we don't believe women can handle being in their own comm...? wtf? Basically: anything I do, anywhere, in favor of any side - I will always be sexist?..

nvm...
you are wrong, if you are an anybody, you are a communazislamicratessive to fox news.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Penny Arcade summed it up better. [http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/3/23/]

Sorry Fox, you're still not relevant outside the ignorant redneck demographic.

doctorsilly

Feb 27, 2011
I find it strange the film industry never has to deal with this. I am Australian, and dont know anything about fox news, but I take it from what you have said they are a prime example of old people ruining fun for everyone else because they dont understand it, once again. Am I right?

Jacinto

Jun 11, 2010
I actually don't see how Duke Nukem 3D really was sexist. Does every woman have to be a positive stereotype? Hey, strippers exist in real life. You know, women that CHOOSE that life for whatever reason. Equality is about having choice, not saying "you can't show women doing something lewd." And if this is really the case, then how come no one ever notices men being objectified in games? You know, that all men are the big tough soldier type that gotta get with the girl while they blast away the enemy. That's still sexist by the definition people use. See this is why I like living in Canada. We actually have a law that states that all broadcast news must fairly present all the information without bias on a story. No opinion, just fact and let the viewer decide. It also forbids the news to lie and essentially make stuff up like Fox News does.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
brainslurper said:
SinisterGehe said:
No one saw this coming... Well my friend didn't. (I won 5 euros in a bet)
Oh well this will be another box office success and then Fox calls someone on air to say that violent video-games turn people rapist/gay/violent/terrorist/democrat/lazy/drug user/sexist/horrible person in general.

Btw' about sexism. How can games turn people sexist if the female player base is increasing all the time and the amount of gamers that want to welcome women to games is increasing all the time... So when we accept women to our community, we are being sexist? Because that mean we don't believe women can handle being in their own comm...? wtf? Basically: anything I do, anywhere, in favor of any side - I will always be sexist?..

nvm...
you are wrong, if you are an anybody, you are a communazislamicratessive to fox news.
But I am nobody. :mad:
So what I am now? In the eyes of the great messiah of truth.

Myskomunken

Mar 4, 2011
Does anyone actually pay any attantion to Fox News apart from "Hah, they think we still care" comments?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
the staffers for fox news that write these stories must really be hardcore gamers trolling them. making up news so the games they want get more attention and free advertising XD

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
The game isn't meant for young children and the fact that they throw that at their audience is laughable. This is like if a parent took their child to see a rated 18+ movie and then complained because it was a rated 18+ movie. It's called parental discretion. After all it's not like this game was made for children.

Kenji_03

May 12, 2007
Without a lick of sarcasm I /do/ think Duke Nukem Forever will move us forward as a soceity. Why? Because it will finally show us how absurd the idea of "being Macho" is.

Seriously, how many of us have tried to "be the tough guy" and got our butts beaten because of it? Machismo (Google it) has lurked and trolled young boys and adolescent men like "anorexia" does women. If you wanted to use a single picture to define what Machismo is, putting Duke's face up would give you a pretty good idea. With how popular (I hope) DNF will be, maybe (just maybe) we'll get all these military-fetish Modern Warfare addicts to see just how ridiculous they are acting when they try and be as tough as "Soap" (there's a reason they named him that. I'll give you a hint, it has to do with "bending over").

Kenji_03

May 12, 2007
karloss01 said:
Anarchemitis said:
Took them long enough.
this, it took them 12+ years to notice this game? must be a slow week for them.
It's not a slow week, this is "Fox News" -- it's a /slow/ network. All they do is take whatever they got e-mailed from some paranoid devout conservative and rant about it on air. If you need proof, try finding a script for any of their programs.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I want to know who Fox news main demographic is, if it's people over 50, those people in the vast majority don't play videogames at all and are bound to agree with Fox's opinion.