FREE!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
PsychicTaco115 said:
SkarKrow said:
Surely your crispy shell and spicy beef-like filling gets you all the ladies?
You would have thought so, but apparently it's not

Maybe I'm losing my touch...

I should look like the fan-servicing anime dudes
Maybe you just need to add some fresh lettuce, maybe that mixed leaf stuff thats all the rage.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
SkarKrow said:
Maybe you just need to add some fresh lettuce, maybe that mixed leaf stuff thats all the rage.
That stuff's just filled with steroids, rat feces, and the crushed dreams of medical students

Non-natural poison, I tell you!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
rhodo said:
I learnt English without ever studying it too much. Just by videogames, internet and songs. Now I'm an English teacher.

I graduated in Japanese language and my best form of excercise was playing Japanese visual novels.

Granted, I have a knack for foreign languages. But what I always, ALWAYS tell my students is: try to find a way to make your brain interested in what you're reading/hearing, if you want to learn the language. No matter if it's a movie, a videogame, or a visual novel.
How curious. That's exactly how I (mostly) learned english. I remember that in elementary school, I always had some of the worst grades on english class, then came junior high and I fondly remember a certain english teacher who was also a fan of videogames (my teacher was american and he could barely speak spanish), I don't remember how, but we both came up as fans of horror games, specifically, of Silent Hill (it was back in 2000) and how we couldn't get past that pesky piano puzzle.

The next day, he almost came running into the classroom screaming "eureka!" (remember, this was waaaay before the internet) and he literally dedicated an entire class explaining us (or rather me :p) how did he figured it out just by reading and deciphering the poem that was written on the chalkboard of the game.

Afterwards, I became more and more interested in english and I quickly had some of the best grades in class (another teacher told us that we could skip the class and just do the final exam and I passed it with a perfect 10 without even studying).

So yeah, games, movies and music (and a certain teacher) can be some of the best ways to make anyone learn :p

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
PsychicTaco115 said:
SkarKrow said:
That stuff's just filled with steroids, rat feces, and the crushed dreams of medical students

Non-natural poison, I tell you!
But it's what all the lady-Taco's want in their man Taco's these days!!

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
SkarKrow said:
Bah, I should just sod the whole thing and get a penis reduction surgery

Who knows, maybe female taco's like having a fun-size churro

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
PsychicTaco115 said:
SkarKrow said:
Bah, I should just sod the whole thing and get a penis reduction surgery

Who knows, maybe female taco's like having a fun-size churro
I hear they're more into corndogs, unless T0ad has been misleading me.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
With all the hype behind this anime. i think i'll have to watch it :O
It's a great show about a bunch of ottermode friends who take off their clothes and get wet together. I'd definitely recommend it.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
knight steel said:
For those wanting more information on what this is referencing have a look at this Amv:
To all the female escapist out there I have a question-do you find this sexy/Attractive/a turn on and if so why?
Yes, I find it sexy and attractive and a turn on...not necessarily the AMV cause Sexy and I know isn't really sexy, but the hot anime guys dancing around and swimming most certainly are.

As for why?....well that's kind of like asking a straight male (something I assume you are, but I could be wrong and if I am I apologize) why he likes playing say DoA Beach Volleyball.

I like to see really hot guys (animated or not) showing some skin and swimming. I believe a lot of women really get off on the movement of muscle under male skin, I know I certainly do. Go read a harlequinn novel (they're hilarious), but at least one time, the author will probably mention the movement of muscle, usually under sweaty skin.

Then there's the hair...once again, it's just a bit of assumption, but I think a lot of women really like nice hair.

Then of course there's the personalities in Free! You got some emo (Rin Matsuoka), some nerdy (Rei Ryûgazak), some stoic (Haruka Nanase), some peppy (Nagisa Hazuki), and some big teddy bear or tall and/or broad guy who is kind and gentle (Makoto Tachibana). Women are REALLY into personality, different women like different personalities, but Free! does a good job of covering the basic ones that many women like.

And at least for myself personally, I grew up on bishonen (beautiful youth/boy). Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Samurai Deeper Kyo, not to mention lots of JRPG likes the Final Fantasy series. There was a few years where I worshippd the Japanese popstar Gackt as the sexiest man alive. Growing up with those representations of males was sure to affect me and what I found aesthetically pleasing.

Then of course there's the homosexual themes, but that gets all into boy's love and yaoi and if I keep going it's likely that we'll be here all day.

I realize most of this is rambling, but I hope I answered your question somewhat.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
Windknight said:
K-on? Fine. Queens Blade? awesome! Sekirei? the most heartwarming experience since wall-E! Free? OH GOD HOW DARE THEY THIS DISGUSTS ME!
You don't know much of anime if you think Free is the only one that caters to a female (or gay) audience. There are many others that do, hell, one of the most popular anime last season (I'm not sure if it's still airing) was Uta no Prince-sama.

What people didn't expect (but no one complained about) was that Kyoto Animation (aka KyoAni) would be the ones producing it, because guess what other thing they did produce? Exactly, fucking K-On. So obviously many mocked those that said KyoAni would start to cater to females, after what they had done before. But I've seen literally no one complaining about it, and I browse /a/ regularly. I was there when it was announced, and most people were just expecting good animation, a fun story and yes, some nicely toned bodies. But no one bashed on it for being "gay", because THERE ARE DOZENS OF SHOWS LIKE IT.
There is a whole fucking genre that caters to females, ffs.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Evil Smurf said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I hope Erin sempi notices me today. The only reason it's not deep is because that's just the tip.
You only need the tip.

I'm glad you're back man!
it's good to be back, I've been here awhile but I missed the first page of Whit Guy Defense force.
knight steel said:
Hey I'm back to you know-Aren't you going to welcome me back X_X
I missed you smurf
*GLOMPS*
I'm glad you're back knight steel
*DOUBLE GLOMPS*
Awh you guys! *GROUP GLOMP*

These guys eh?

Movitz

Jan 30, 2013
knight steel said:
For those wanting more information on what this is referencing have a look at this Amv:
To all the female escapist out there I have a question-do you find this sexy/Attractive/a turn on and if so why?
Huh, I guess there's some sacred oath that animators take upon joining the animators guild.

"I hereby swear, on penalty of death, that I will make overly sexualised characters of one or the other gender, so help me God!"

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
wAriot said:
Windknight said:
K-on? Fine. Queens Blade? awesome! Sekirei? the most heartwarming experience since wall-E! Free? OH GOD HOW DARE THEY THIS DISGUSTS ME!
But I've seen literally no one complaining about it, and I browse /a/ regularly. I was there when it was announced, and most people were just expecting good animation, a fun story and yes, some nicely toned bodies. But no one bashed on it for being "gay", because THERE ARE DOZENS OF SHOWS LIKE IT.
You're just hanging in the wrong forums if you want to see some bashing. The "gay" Bashing exists in many other forums.
One example is from Myanimelist forums, which had plenty of bashing even before it aired, heck when it's just that commercial.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
Kaimax said:
You're just hanging in the wrong forums if you want to see some bashing. The "gay" Bashing exists in many other forums.
One example is from Myanimelist forums, which had plenty of bashing even before it aired, heck when it's just that commercial.
I was talking about /a/. I regularly browse 4chan, so I see all kinds of bashing every day, but aside from one or two trolls, everyone was happy or, at least, neutral, about Free!.
Obviously, I don't mean that NO ONE EVER has thought that it was a bad choice by KyoAni, but the "hate" has been taken incredibly out of proportion. I did go to some MAL threads about this anime, and I did see a couple of people insulting it and anything related to gays, but in general, the threads were just like these comment sections when Gray and Cory do a controversial comic: full of people saying "inb4 shitstorm", and then nothing happens.

This vocal minority of haters is very exaggerated, and as I said there are a lot of anime aired every season that cater to females or gays: if there really was a big group of homophobes out there that bashed on every one like them, they wouldn't even have time to breath.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
knight steel said:
Well you see, women who are attracted to men tend to find the male physique somewhat attractive so a show with perfectly toned half naked people that's 90% fan service...really it explaines itself.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Silly women, so easily sated by the appearance of glistening manflesh.

When will they ever be as deep and sophisticated as us men?
I guess I must not have typical social expectations of women and men. I saw that cartoon and took a good 5 minutes trying to figure out the joke, it wasn't until I came on the thread and read your post that I got it.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
knight steel said:
why do guys like seeing fanservice-happy anime's with short skirts, pantyshots and big boobs? Why do they find it sexy/attractive/a turn on?

Because guys like girls.

In my case, I like the anime because the boys are ridiciulously cute (especially the blonde), they have yummy bodies and they're portrayed and absolutely delicious ways. Yes it's shallow but this is an anime that's meant to be. It's basically the things most anime fangirls (myself included) love to see in an anime.

More or less, why would anyone find this sexy/attractive/a turn on? Because we like boys. It doesn't have to be any deeper than that.