FREE!

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Somehow this idea that women can enjoy cartoon men as much as men can enjoy cartoon women is foreign to me.

My god, though, since that shitstorm a couple weeks ago the attention people give Critical Miss has really soared!

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Anybody else think this is really hypocritical of a comic that condemns fanservice when it is aimed at men to turn around and praise it when aimed at women?

I don't care either way I have always been for creators being able to do what ever the fuck they want but I mean if you are going to have a opinion one way it is awful hypocritical to change it the second it isn't convenient to yourself.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
TOO MUCH MANSERVICE OMGF.

Also I'm not guilty of doing the exact same and Erin's creepy face didn't make me laugh until I nearly had to pee >.>

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
aba1 said:
Anybody else think this is really hypocritical of a comic that condemns fanservice when it is aimed at men to turn around and praise it when aimed at women?

I don't care either way I have always been for creators being able to do what ever the fuck they want but I mean if you are going to have a opinion one way it is awful hypocritical to change it the second it isn't convenient to yourself.
why would you say this is praising fan service aimed at women?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
If anyone is interested in getting bodies like the ones seen in this show (referred to as Ottermode) I'll be posting a really good base routine in the spoiler below. This, in addition to a proper nutrition plan, will get you really cut.

You may need to separate them into different days based upon your current strength level, but the reps/sets are low enough so that you shouldn't be too sore to do them consecutively. I'd also advise doing legs too, because squats are really good for you, but that's just me.

Dr. Cakey

Feb 1, 2011
wAriot said:
This vocal minority of haters is very exaggerated, and as I said there are a lot of anime aired every season that cater to females or gays: if there really was a big group of homophobes out there that bashed on every one like them, they wouldn't even have time to breath.
Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice: http://mantearsflowingfree.tumblr.com/

(Not sure why that's the Hall of Justice)

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
aba1 said:
I was going to point out the hypocrisy until I realized "Wait, I'm Man. I don't have a persecution complex"

I have brought this up in the discussion for "White Guy Defense Force". Why would I adopt the petty, stupid behavior I criticize others for having? I think feminists are stupid for calling "fan service" sexist or misogynistic, so I cant rightfully say the same thing about show like the one depicted in the comic.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
HOLY MASSIVE AMOUNT OF QUOTES BATMAN
How am I supposed to answer all of these-but I must it is my duty as an ESCAPIST MEMBER
Caramel Frappe said:
Holy cow she's ripped but I guess when you're fighting giant man eating monsters who want nothing more than to kill the entire Human race you would have to be wouldn't you!
But Man she's so cool and badass *SIGH*
silverhawk100 said:
Yes......it's the music I find Incredible hot sexy delicious I could take that music and rub it all......whoops got a little side tracked there *BLUSH*
bartholen said:
Give In to the dirty feeling-GIVE IN TO IT AND LET IT CONSUME YOU MIND BODY AND SOUL.
Movitz said:
HOLY SHIT HE"S ON TO US QUICKLY KILL HIM BEFORE HE CAN TELL ANYBODY ELSE.
MetalMagpie said:
But what about fat men with neckbeards in tight bathing trunks-Why do you leave us out :(
xmbts said:
I see that you are forming words but they are strange to me what is this "male physique" you speak of and how do I steal it?
chinangel said:
Hey I'll have you know that I don't care about physical looks and thinks that attraction should only be based on a woman's intelligence-personality and soul.
*Nose grows 5 miles long*
Screamarie said:
Hey I'll have you know that I play DOA beach Volleyball for the gameplay >_>
But thanks you so much for the long thought out answer-I learned something new I never would have guessed that seeing muscles move under the skin could be sexy nor did I know that hair was Important so thank you ^_^

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
So... is this a joke about her objectifying male characters in fiction or is she serious?

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
cthulhuspawn82 said:
aba1 said:
I was going to point out the hypocrisy until I realized "Wait, I'm Man. I don't have a persecution complex"

I have brought this up in the discussion for "White Guy Defense Force". Why would I adopt the petty, stupid behavior I criticize others for having? I think feminists are stupid for calling "fan service" sexist or misogynistic, so I cant rightfully say the same thing about show like the one depicted in the comic.
I am not criticizing them for encouraging fan service or even necessarily discouraging it just that if they are going to choose a side they should at least be consistent about it. I mean personally I could care less if there is or not in anything I just think the author shouldn't be told they are wrong for doing it. I mean sure if you don't care for it thats cool I get that thats a preference but don't act like they are bad people for expressing themselves artistically.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
aba1 said:
cthulhuspawn82 said:
aba1 said:

I am not criticizing them for encouraging fan service or even necessarily discouraging it just that if they are going to choose a side they should at least be consistent about it. I mean personally I could care less if there is or not in anything I just think the author shouldn't be told they are wrong for doing it. I mean sure if you don't care for it thats cool I get that thats a preference but don't act like they are bad people for expressing themselves artistically.
No one seriously cares if women get fan service or really wants to stop it, but what guys are doing is continuing to point this sort of thing out because online/tumblr feminism has a VERY short memory and are VERY loud and angry whenever guys enjoy eye-candy in entertainment.

I know I'm sick of getting a finger pointed in my face about being a horrible person over a fictional character wearing a bikini in MGS, then reading about an artist who also points fingers shlicking herself to pretty boys in anime

ArnRand

Mar 29, 2012
Do people not get this is MAKING FUN of free! Do you guys just see a comic which involves women and go FEMINIST PROPAGANDA!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
aba1 said:
Wait, who's doing that? I was under the impression that it was mocking the show/fanbase. The first post even seems to take a mocking approach (and a dig at NGE, but that's not quite as relevant)

ArnRand said:
Do people not get this is MAKING FUN of free! Do you guys just see a comic which involves women and go FEMINIST PROPAGANDA!
I was puzzled by this comment until I looked up the page. I guess this is what I get for looking at the comic early, making a quip, and leaving.

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
I don't get the point of the comic here. Erin enjoys some eye candy...ok?
Granted, if the comic ever complained about guys looking at female fan-service, then there might be something to discuss there for the double standard. Or if it was a joke instead of being simply what it is "Erin watches fan service". eh, I just don't get it if there is something larger then what people are complaining about.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
knight steel said:
How am I supposed to answer all of these-but I must it is my duty as an ESCAPIST MEMBER
Haha, sorry I didn't notice until after the post how many people responded to it. :eek:

But you know, it's The pectorals and abdominals and the thighs and whatnot.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
xmbts said:
knight steel said:
Haha, sorry I didn't notice until after the post how many people responded to it. :eek:

But you know, it's The pectorals and abdominals and the thighs and whatnot.
Hmm which means I'll have to find some healthy specimen's with those physical characteristic and
Would you like to volunteer just come and allow me to strap you down in this harness: