Funny events in anti-woke world

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I genuinely can't comprehend this. And not because it's Trump, but the hero worship of politicians in general. The idea of stanning for someone who would never ever do the same for you is simply unfathomable to me.
I think most of what's needed to understand it is in the insane tweet itself.

She can't stand the "lie" spread about him, ie everything bad she heard about him are all false in her echo chamber.
Most un racist man, ie if she act like him, she's not racist.
In secret love him too, ie she's normal and part of the majority, everybody is just hiding the fact that they all love him like her so she's normal and courageous to speak up.

She want to be an awful person and be respected for it and not suffer any consequence while also considering herself a good person. Someone like Trump becoming President means she can be her awful self and that a lot of people also think like her and so won't judge her.

Also she was probably drunk, half of this make no sense, what does "tool" refer to here?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I think most of what's needed to understand it is in the insane tweet itself.

She can't stand the "lie" spread about him, ie everything bad she heard about him are all false in her echo chamber.
Most un racist man, ie if she act like him, she's not racist.
In secret love him too, ie she's normal and part of the majority, everybody is just hiding the fact that they all love him like her so she's normal and courageous to speak up.

She want to be an awful person and be respected for it and not suffer any consequence while also considering herself a good person. Someone like Trump becoming President means she can be her awful self and that a lot of people also think like her and so won't judge her.

Also she was probably drunk, half of this make no sense, what does "tool" refer to here?
In short, she's just another delusional fool who wants to think she is a good person, while wanting to be rewarded for acting like a bad one and as if she did nothing wrong.

Reactions: Kyrian007 and meiam

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
It should be noted that this was basically Manning's last major role two years ago.

Art imitating life or the other way around? You make the call.

Just to be clear, she plays the titular Karen, not the black guy in the thumbnail.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
That... doesn't sound like something to celebrate. Especially since it sounds like the defense attorney intimidated the jury.
Andy Ngo is not a person who's word should be taken seriously, ever. His entire career is built off falsehoods. It's his whole life.

Wait, do you actually believe antifa is a threat?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I'd like to say no, but that is usually the direction it goes. But then all traditions will eventually be forced to retire; it was also tradition for Zwarte Piet to hit naughty children with bundled branches. I don't know if this actually happened in the past, I certainly never experienced it and I'm 40, though it was in the songs. But they even stopped having him carry it around anymore, because they felt it was a bad look for a child friendly character to walk around with something meant to hit children with. They also changed the songs to get rid of anything that might refer to physical punishment. A thing some people balked at but was quickly accepted.
I mean, if you talk to children, you are going to brainwash them. Even if they were completely isolated, they will be still brainwashed, but by their own thoughts.

Conservatives aren't mad that children are being brainwashed. They are made that THEIR brainwashing isn't the sole allowable brainwashing

Tradition doesn't HAVE to go. But their legitimacy does need to be questioned by every generation. If the tradition does not meet the moral of the generation, it should be vacated.

Eg. it was tradition to hit children and many children's songs had children being punished, not just this Zwarte Piet song. They have been changed over the centuries and it hasn't cause any societal collapse. There's a Youtuber called Jon Solo who is a fables and nursery rhymes historian. He goes into how the old stories of Cinderella and Puss in Boots were pretty f'ed up

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
That... doesn't sound like something to celebrate. Especially since it sounds like the defense attorney intimidated the jury.
Isn;'t this the
Andy Ngo like to join up with the fascists in Portland and encourage them to fight Rose City Antifa. They, including Andy, would go to where Antifa had a bar and beat them up regularly. This included one night when one of the fascists pinned a women down, held her arm, and step on it, snapping it. Andy Ngo was there, watching. Then, as a journalist, he claimed that Antifa antagonized the fascists and they were to blame, making more attacks happen

He is like Trump and incited violence

As to what you claim the defense attorney did, I'll wait and see what is proven

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Andy Ngo like to join up with the fascists in Portland and encourage them to fight Rose City Antifa. They, including Andy, would go to where Antifa had a bar and beat them up regularly. This included one night when one of the fascists pinned a women down, held her arm, and step on it, snapping it. Andy Ngo was there, watching. Then, as a journalist, he claimed that Antifa antagonized the fascists and they were to blame, making more attacks happen
Dude regularly edits footage to make it seem like his far-right out of town pals are the victims when they show up to commit violence, regularly doxes people including union efforts, makes bald faced lies about "concrete milkshakes", and has generally helped terrorist groups put together kill lists while harassing prominent activists over bullshit, but I fully believe that the defense attorney stood up and threatened an entire jury in court directly in front of a judge and press based on his word alone and nobody else reported on it.

That makes sense to me

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Sounds like something that would easily be proven by literally anyone else who was in the court. Like the judge who would have censured and probably removed the lawyer in question for doing that. This also requires the defence attorney to be just mind boggling stupid, but as recent events have shown, that's entirely possible.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Conservatives aren't mad that children are being brainwashed. They are made that THEIR brainwashing isn't the sole allowable brainwashing
QFT.

Read the comments here from Dennis Prager:

He of course is the founder of "PragerU", the non-accredited company producing overtly conservative education materials (that half-heartedly attempts to pass itself off as a university), which Florida recently said schools should be free to use.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Jesus is too woke. Which is actually really obvious, all things considered.
Yeah, I keep saying this. If a devil exists, he has long understood what a powerful tool for evil the god's church can be. He'd have targeted and invested these places in priority. And that would be why we have the fundamentalist islamists, israeli nationalists, christian republicans... A hijacking of the flag of good, for the most devastating, self-righteous, self-indulgent, uncritical absolute evil. The trump/desantis fans are exactly what actual satanists would be, in a "satan exists for real" situation, under a glossy, gooey, godly varnish. And of course, after bending and re-interpreting it, rewriting that book would be the ultimate victory.

Gods and devils don't make much sense, and we're certainly just trashy humans neurologically incapable of the empathy and scale of thinking that a species' collective good would demand. But to be fair, if the god and the devil were real things, well, events would unfold exactly as they do. Churchgoers are the most easy targets for mass evil. Churches are the best places to spread it from.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Well, that's been the case ever since Christians stopped being an oppressed fringe group and got power (taking over Roman style religion which was completely different). But they normally don't say it.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
This is news? These people have been too busy thumping their Bibles to read them for centuries now; just look at all the assholes who tattoo Leviticus passages on themselves. If Jesus showed up on the doorstep of their church they'd call the cops.