Funny events in anti-woke world

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Oh hey, remember when that stunningly handsome SilentPony guy said we can't trust corrupt court officers not to leak the names and addresses of jury members so Trump's goons can kill them?
Yeah...
I mean, the law in Georgia has jurors names be public. Wasn't even leaked

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Related to how teenagers (and dare I say gamers in particular) are surprisingly easy targets for online extreme-right campaigns.

I want to see the breakdown beyond "adults". Because I'm pretty sure boomers are probable at least close to teens if not even higher. I imagine millenials and adult gen z are probably helping bring down the average

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The funny part is someone thought Tucker's base would read. Also, the thing they actually care about is what Tucker says, not Tucker.
That's what happens when bitches try to appeal to straight up bitches who only have 'loyalty' to to themselves and not each other.

You mean going woke doesn't mean going broke?
That statement was proven bullshit multiple times years ago. People who keep using that phrase are stubborn, stupid, and never learn.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
That statement was proven bullshit multiple times years ago. People who keep using that phrase are stubborn, stupid, and never learn.
Barbie, of course, being the most recent one which has now grossed over $1 Billion in sales in less than 3 weeks. It had a production budget of ~$145 million for reference. If those are "go broke" figures, sign me the fuck up.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
That statement was proven bullshit multiple times years ago.
It is also telling of interesting underlying values. It serves as a delegitimation, and uses money as an argument, implying its relevancy, as if, say, the reason to abolish slavery is whether it is profitable or not. But of course, for conservatives, money is the measure of virtue.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Chissaa, picha guwanky Chewbacca (Huttese translation)

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I like the avatar with those colored prison bars, though.
As for me, I like that that profile pic imo makes it look more bloated than the Fox pic it's referring to, even tho vertical stripes are supposedly slimming.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Barbie, of course, being the most recent one which has now grossed over $1 Billion in sales in less than 3 weeks. It had a production budget of ~$145 million for reference. If those are "go broke" figures, sign me the fuck up.
I do like that the message to be taken from the film's success is that making movies about toys is what sells.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I do like that the message to be taken from the film's success is that making movies about toys is what sells.
I'm not sure it's so straightforward. I haven't seen the film, but from what I gathered, it's a bit of a "meta", sarcastic take on the gender politics and implications of Barbie's pink plastic clean world. Barbie is a joke (in France it's the subject of stand up comedian routines) and the film rolls with it.

There isn't the same ironic distance and social/political stakes with, say, Hot Wheels. I could imagine Monopoly going back to its anti-capitalist satire roots, but Connect 4 or Tic Tac Toe ?... Battleship wasn't exactly a blockbuster. The name, the keyword, or even brand nostalgia, don't suffice and they aren't what alone made the Barbie film's success...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Chissaa, picha guwanky Chewbacca (Huttese translation)
Some people say that Trump is deliberately lying about his poll numbers, about his "landslide victories", about his crowd sizes. I think that instead he's delusional. He's propped up so much of his ego on "always winning", spent so long denigrating "losers", that the idea of actually having been beaten and no longer being on top is something his mind actively rejects, lest his entire psyche just crumble.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Some people say that Trump is deliberately lying about his poll numbers, about his "landslide victories", about his crowd sizes. I think that instead he's delusional. He's propped up so much of his ego on "always winning", spent so long denigrating "losers", that the idea of actually having been beaten and no longer being on top is something his mind actively rejects, lest his entire psyche just crumble.
Hard to say for sure. I daresay it's true for a substantial number of his cultists, though.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
The funny part is someone thought Tucker's base would read. Also, the thing they actually care about is what Tucker says, not Tucker.
I'm surprised no-one thought to run one of those scams where Tucker would buy a ton of them to get it into the bestseller lists.