Funny events in anti-woke world

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I think Saints Row 4 also let you choose your pronouns back in 2013, but that didn't stop a certain cry baby from throwing a fit over the option in 2023.
I thought SR4 did the same as the previous SR games and just referred to the player as "they", "you", or "Boss" throughout so they only had to record one set of lines? Bonus points because you could create some outright monstrous player characters in the SR games if you played with the character creator enough.

I haven't played the reboot though. It won't run on my dated machine, so that put an end to that. Refunded. Heard it's...not great compared to 2 or 3 though, so I don't know how much I'm losing there.

As for people throwing a fit over pronoun options, I find the whole thing kind of hilarious. You've got people throwing just the biggest whiny rants about the option being there, and then even more people doing the same about a guy deciding to mod the option out as though whether or not other people decide to disable the option for themselves has any impact on their game. That mod is of course banned from Nexus and LL (and probably ATF too, though I haven't checked).

Remember when this lesbian scene happened in Fear Effect 2, and how no one complained once? What makes Burning Shores so special? Rhetorical question, btw.
That gaming has become much more broadly popular to talk about so now all the weirdos get to complain, and the right wing weirdos are hoping they'll even be 10% as effective as the other weirdos at managing to push studios and modding sites to police content in accordance with their will?

Remember, it's a TOS violation at Nexus to post a mod that reduces the amount of LGBTQ stuff in a game but it's not a violation to post a mod that increases the amount of same.

This is why, say, replacing pride flag in a game with some other texture is unacceptable (one of the only cases where a texture is sacred and cannot be changed) but there's an entire series of mods (at least 2 dozen) built around "queering" Skyrim. Including one that invents a lore connection between being trans and Azura, on the premise that Azura is the Prince of Dusk and Dawn and those are transitional times. As opposed to, you know, the Prince associated with change or the one associated with sexuality who has the Androgyne as one of her epithets and appears as a feminine-presenting hermaphrodite. Presumably because Azura is one of the "friendlier" Princes who is a bit harder to associate with negative things, and they don't want to deal with the baggage attached to the others.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
No, but another screaming bald guy could go viral, and then make it a lot harder for other bald guys to get a date.
What I found particularly funny was the buzzword of ''current day''. I mean....its if the guy expected that a game set in the far future would somehow end up with sexual norms from 1950 or something. That and it just seems a way to ''whitewash'' bigotry.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
What I found particularly funny was the buzzword of ''current day''. I mean....its if the guy expected that a game set in the far future would somehow end up with sexual norms from 1950 or something. That and it just seems a way to ''whitewash'' bigotry.
They're not whitewashing anymore, that shit died in '16, they're out and proud bigots. Otherwise how would the grift work?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Litter picking is a noble community service, like helping old people cross the street: is insane to think anyone could see that as a suspicious threat.
It's easy when you believe that all black people are criminals and therefore anything they do, however innocuous-seeming, is criminal activity.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It's easy when you believe that all black people are criminals and therefore anything they do, however innocuous-seeming, is criminal activity.
Not all black people, I'm sure he's got black friends. It's not his fault that he keeps running into people that look suspicious that just happen to be black. And the black guy was no angel, probably be able to find a social media post from 5 years ago that looks a little odd out of context. Etc etc.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
This ex Scientology guy's channel has been a wealth of information for understanding the way the cult operates and affects members current or otherwise, as well as interviews with more ex members (escapees). Clearwater (the cult's main base i think?) seems to have a first for local council member - vice mayor - policy in the upcoming election who's running on a direct anti-scientology platform, as the cult has not been a healthy presence even financially like buying up land and car park just to leave them unused and abandoned, amongst a long list of other issues.

Last edited:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
https://www.ksl.com/article/5074797...ult-by-operation-underground-railroad-founder

Some people are desperate for attention.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Remember when this lesbian scene happened in Fear Effect 2, and how no one complained once? What makes Burning Shores so special? Rhetorical question, btw.

Apparently, FE: Sedna came out in 2018, yet no one was complaining about this either.

Fear Effect had the "right" type of lesbians it seems. The ones designed to pander to straight guys.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Two hot girls making out is hot. Two guys making out is gross.
Society has ingrained this into my brain so thoroughly that I still have significant positive reaction to the former and a significant negative reaction to the latter. No matter how much I've tried to unlearn this bias it's still there.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Two hot girls making out is hot. Two guys making out is gross.
Hell, two girls making out can be "gross" for these guys depending on what the girls look like. For all the talk about how lesbians and bisexual women are more accepted in mainstream media, the truth is it comes with a considerable number of caveats.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Hell, two girls making out can be "gross" for these guys depending on what the girls look like. For all the talk about how lesbians and bisexual women are more accepted in mainstream media, the truth is it comes with a considerable number of caveats.
Hence why I specified the girls were hot.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Society has ingrained this into my brain so thoroughly that I still have significant positive reaction to the former and a significant negative reaction to the latter. No matter how much I've tried to unlearn this bias it's still there.
This sort of thing (maybe not this exact example, but somethings along those lines) affects everyone, and unfortunately it's not much spoken of.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
But not when the girls have realistic faces though.

Then, no matter how pretty they actually are, they're made ugly on purpose for having pores and speckles and shit.
That kind of thing always makes me wonder whether they've ever seen a woman up close, and also whether that's because the woman doesn't want them to be.