Funny events in anti-woke world

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Seems to work just as well as before, which is: mostly quite well, albeit gradually decreasing in quality, and with too much indulgence of Dan Harmon's weird personal tastes.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Seems to work just as well as before, which is: mostly quite well, albeit gradually decreasing in quality, and with too much indulgence of Dan Harmon's weird personal tastes.
Just like the nose diving quality of the show itself. Perfecto! I see nothing wrong here.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'd say that it has a similar quality to the start (eg. it was great, not excellent)... which is a problem because we are just watching the same thing over and over again
  • Season 1 is good.
  • Season 2 is great.
  • Season 3 has a bad first half and a marginally better second half.
  • Season 4 was okay, but I can't remember much. Other than not hating it as much as S3.
  • Season 5 I only touched the episodes that were important or tying up the loose ends I wanted to see. I only saw a few early ones and the finale involving Evil Morty.
The main problem with the show and its writers was that they couldn't commit to character development for shit. In addition to insulting their target audience and having their heads up their asses (especially the "nothing you do matters" wannabe nihilism bullshit), whenever Rick or some other character blood related to him develop show genuine vulnerability, the writers go "Ha! Ha! You fell for it! Only wasteful losers and total nerds like continuity and character development!". While same time, they want to have it both ways and go "we're just a comedy show". It's the same "it's satire!" defense has cover all for shitty character development and writing. Like you said, it's that same shit over and over again, making it pointless to stick around. Fuck that noise.

Season 6 nor 7 I have not, nor ever will touch with my eyes. Fuck all of it. My viewing experience is so much better because of not dedicating time to a show that insults it's own audience.

Last edited:

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
  • Season 1 is good.
  • Season 2 is great.
  • Season 3 has a bad first half and a marginally better second half.
  • Season 4 was okay, but I can't rember much.
  • Season 5 I only touched the episodes that were important or tying up the loose ends I wanted to see. I only saw a few early ones and the finale involving Evil Morty.
Nearly all comedies are hitting the buffers by season 4/5. Some don't even make it that far before they nosedive.

There of course exceptions: the Simpsons lasted longer, as did Frasier, Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and others.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nearly all comedies are hitting the buffers by season 4/5. Some don't even make it that far before they nosedive.
Oh, I know. I usually prefer most comedies to end by their 3rd season. There's a good reason why Drawn Together only lasted 3 seasons. Not by choice though.

There of course exceptions: the Simpsons lasted longer, as did Frasier, Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and others.
Don't forget about Reno 911!

The Simpsons
I got tired of by the time of the theatrical movie and just end it there. I never watched Frasier once, and saw only a few episodes of Always Sunny here and there. I never really caught on with it.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

baffling that this was a thing
baffling that it's still going to be a thing but with different Asians now
Was "servants" their official designation? What are the other non-military workers called?