Funny events in anti-woke world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Disney is woke by the James Gunn example alone. Woke for me is basically just trying to look good (with social issues) without actually caring and doing it for the brownie points.
Ah, so like Trump, Hobby Lobby, most Megachurches. Marjoire Taylor Greene and the other performative congress who are, right now, trying to sink the budget for clicks on Twitter

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Reactions: BrawlMan

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No, it can't. Not to any reasonable reader.
How is this not extremely vague?

A person eighteen years of age or older who lures, entices, or attempts to lure or entice a child into a conveyance, dwelling, or structure without the consent, express or implied, of the child's parent or legal guardian

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
How is this not extremely vague?

A person eighteen years of age or older who lures, entices, or attempts to lure or entice a child into a conveyance, dwelling, or structure without the consent, express or implied, of the child's parent or legal guardian
It's a great deal more specific than the bill you're defending. It outlines actual actions and the context in which they're disallowed.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Dutch language source, so not much good for most of y'all, but long story short, bunch of fash dipshits got convicted for sharing racist memes.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It's a great deal more specific than the bill you're defending. It outlines actual actions and the context in which they're disallowed.
You can literally interpret the bill as saying "hi" to a kid is a felony...

I'm not defending the other bill, just saying it doesn't make saying a pronoun a felony.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
American healthcare system:

Canadian Healthcare System:

UK's healthcare system:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Dutch language source, so not much good for most of y'all, but long story short, bunch of fash dipshits got convicted for sharing racist memes.
I remember seeing the documentary on this guy and his crew a couple of years back. How much impact it'll have overall I don't know, but I'm glad they brought the hammer down on this twerp. And a 10-year ban from holding office due to being racist, huh? *sigh* If only all politicians were held to this standard.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
And a 10-year ban from holding office due to being racist, huh? *sigh* If only all politicians were held to this standard.
Very much depends on who gets to hold them to this standard, though, so there's arguments why at least some places are better of without it.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I remember seeing the documentary on this guy and his crew a couple of years back. How much impact it'll have overall I don't know, but I'm glad they brought the hammer down on this twerp. And a 10-year ban from holding office due to being racist, huh? *sigh* If only all politicians were held to this standard.
Probably not much, VB will still be the single largest party come elections in June. This is more symbolic.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Katie Brent's response video to state of union waffle is particularly exquisite modern A24 horror material, recommended for fans of the darker genre to witness at least once. If not, imagine an acting audition for "America's mum" where they're trying so hard to get the role but barely hits the standard of daytime straight-to-telly channel 5 movie performance, all while parroting the dumbest of maga conspiracy tales.

K Britt not Brent, but hey can't we join in on garish fakery too? only brief (under 20mins) video could find of it so far;

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan