Gabe Newell: Three "Big Announcements" From Valve in Next Year

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Hmmm.

Half-Life 2: Episode 3 part 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 3 part 2, and Half-Life 2: Episode 3 part 3.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
tomtom94 said:
In all seriousness, if Episode 3 was going to happen it would surely have done so by now...surely...
Tf2 took nine years. We've only been waiting what, 3?
I expect it's going to be Half life 3 rather than episode 3 though, an episode wouldn't really cut the mustard at this stage.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
3 big news:

We finished Ep3
We are ready to announce a release date
It's right now

Make it happen Valve

mrwoo112

Jul 15, 2010
dont worry, when epsiode 3 DOES come out it will be a cliff hanger ending anyway as we all damn well know.

May 5, 2010
I'm betting they're only gonna make 2 announcements, leaving the 3rd conspicuously absent. Which, will really suck, because the second announcement will hint at something great, but won't confirm anything.

No really, I'm pretty sure its:
1.DOTA(or whatever)
2.L4D3
3.Portal 2 for the Wii(Honestly, I really hope it's HL3, but come on. It won't be.)

YepGeddon

Apr 16, 2009
DotA for sure. We can all hope for episode 3. But its not gonna happen. Or they might just say theyre working on episode 3.. I dunno. TF3 would be shooting themselves in the foot, a new counter strike would be shooting themselves in the foot. However a new source engine isn't unlikely and I'm sure as Valve do best they'll throw in a delay of some kind (Probably Portal 2).

Nephilium

Oct 29, 2009
Im calling HL2:E3 has been canned for Half Life 3, which will come with Team Fortress 3 and the DoTA Project.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Extremely uneducated guess right here. Maybe Valve is going to release Episode 3 near the launch of Half-Life 3 so it can act like a little preview of what we'll see in HL3.

elbowlick

Jul 1, 2009
Valve should have finished Half Life 3: Gordon Freeman Forever by now.
Portal had some good writing but isn't worth a sequel.
As for Left4Dead... I'm still pissed over L4D2. Not only was it an overpriced expansion, it was a swift (a little over a year is pretty quick for valve) kick to the balls for anyone who bought L4D.
Just because they offer higher quality games than most companies doesn't mean they can be dickheads.

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
DotA...You have been the cancerous burden on Wc3 For far too long. the fact that Valve has taken you into its Bosom is...Disturbing. that being said, I have little doubt that you are one of the three surprises Valve speaks of.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
They ditched episode 3 and are changing it into Half Life 3.

Also, the Steam versions of The Orange Box are about to be released for free.

Dare to dream.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the surprises are HL2:Ep.3, Steam on Xbox 360, and TF3 (or some awesome new franchise)