Gaddafi is dead

Explicted

Feb 19, 2005
What are you guys talking about, sure he was a dictator but thats why he could lead Libya to such prosperity, he was a great ruler of his country 90% of people were happy under him, but he never wanted to let outside influence in, thats why he had to go and be replaced by puppet government made up of traitors who will now roll in money for few years and leave the country devastated but thats all right since by then no one will talk about Libya.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.318900-Muammar-Gaddafi-captured-rumored-dead

You stole my thread :(

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Despite a lot of the bleak outlook of the world, the past several years have had many promising victories for humanity: Gaddafi, Bin Laden, Saddam, even to a certain extent, Castro... it feels... conceivable that I will see North Korea and possibly even Africa gain a few victories within my lifetime.

It's nice to have hope - if only people living in those other countries could feel similarly.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Elmoth said:
Just as with Bin Laden I think someone shouldn't sink to his level and kill him without question, but be the better man and decide in court what is just. However, it is still better for the world that this mad man is dead. But if he is dead that means the rebels now have one hell of job to get the country back in order, I'd think.
They already killed hundreds of Gaddafi's guards, why is this any different?
You can't make an example of a guard.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I heard about this when I was going home from college. Good to hear. Hopefully things will work out for the Lybians.

Also Golden Gun? Dude was Scaramanga! Why didn't he shoot at them? That always kills in one hit!

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Now the question is, who will reshape the country, and if Fanatical people won't take a much higher ground like in Tunisia...

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
orangeban said:
Well, if this is true, then he should of gotten a proper trial and imprisonment.

Hopefully Libya can start sorting itself out now.

ALSO: Gaddafi had a golden gun? That's pretty pimp.
Have you seen some of the rebel fighters who were looking for him? They were absolutely hell bent on killing him. I remember one news footage from when the Rebels took Tripoli was of a man holding an RPG. He pointed to it and said 'I'm saving this for Gaddafi.' They were out for blood and even if they had captured him, he probably be sentenced to execution regardless.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
I read this title as "Gandalf is dead". Sometimes, dyslexia is fun

OT: Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. And he had a golden gun? Badass

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
I though this said "God is dead." I went into this expecting a forum topic on nietzsche dammit!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
At first glance I thought you said "Gandalf" was dead, and I started to panic that Ian Mckellan wouldn't finish The Hobbit.

Then I heard it was Gaddafi. Good riddance.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
40+ years of Stalinist tyranny, and the first thing people in the west do when he is killed is to bawl their eyes out that the ragged rebel militia didn't send him on a luxury holiday in Europe with all expenses paid while they figure out how many millions a year he would get to live in a mountain resort.

Briliant.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I'll await till theres a verification from independent sources.

Though if its true... eh? This was Britains mess to sort out, so lets hope they have the decency to actually help clean up their mess.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Istvan said:
40+ years of Stalinist tyranny, and the first thing people in the west do when he is killed is to bawl their eyes out that the ragged rebel militia didn't send him on a luxury holiday in Europe with all expenses paid while they figure out how many millions a year he would get to live in a mountain resort.

Briliant.
No one is bawling their eyes out or disputing that he shouldn't have been killed. Its also an invasion of the United Nation's human rights documents.

You cannot take away someone's right to live without due process. That is a basic human right and had it not been done to Gaddafi and instead on someone good or someone you support, you'd be in an outrage.

Tyrant T100

Aug 19, 2009
As much as I didn't like Gadaffi we had no right to start to support a war in his country.
Syria will be next and then Iran.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
maddawg IAJI said:
Istvan said:

Briliant.
No one is bawling their eyes out or disputing that he shouldn't have been killed. Its also an invasion of the United Nation's human rights documents.

You cannot take away someone's right to live without due process. That is a basic human right and had it not been done to Gaddafi and instead on someone good or someone you support, you'd be in an outrage.
Someone apparently forgot to remind Gadaffi of that then didn't they. He had no problems slaughtering innocent civilians. He reaped what he sowed and the world is a better place for it.

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
TheBobmus said:
Not sure if trolling or serious... :/

Gaddafi has done a multitude of terrible things over the length of his time in power, hence his own people led this uprising.
not trolling.

gadaffi was instrumental figure in the non-aligned movement during the cold war. There are plenty of countries that are thankful for this because the non-alignment movement allowed many countries to remain independent as opposed to being US or USSR playthings.

And for all the horrible things he has done, libya still has better welfare than in the wet dreams of many wall street protesters. education is free, healthcare is free & housing is heavily subsidized. All of those things gadaffi introduced.

Of course he was a horrible person, but that's not all he was