Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Presumably as he's grown old (and within the paremeters of his job) he's stopped bothering to look into the niche corners where the niche game genres hang out.
That's his own fault. He knows their stuff out there, he just doesn't want to bother.

I knew about Thief growing up, but I never really played it. And the only reason I knew about that franchise, was some of the advertisements and game magazines, and the copies they would have at a Media Play or Circuit City.

He just never makes that leap to "maybe I should be poking into the stuff that isn't beholden to an aggressive markeitng budget"
Once again, his own problem and fault.

By the way, why is there a Reddit Link in my post? I didn't put that there.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not in the AA and Indie sector. They got games for days.

I do recommend people watch this second video.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
By the way, why is there a Reddit Link in my post? I didn't put that there.
Lol weird. It was on my clipboard from other things, but I dunno how it ended up in the middle of the quote (even if I accidentally pasted it it should've been in my reply). It was in relation to a joke elsewhere about you can tell Bungie has f'd again by the rapid crop of new players in the Warframe reddit.

As to the stealth thing, the point Yahtzee does make that I can get onboard is that while there are many cases where AI reacts to bodies, weapons, etc. Most of them seem quite content that if you kill Joe and hide his body and pick up his gun, then Ken who patrols the opposing hall with never take note of the fact that he stopped seeiing Joe even if their paths crossed every 3 minutes previously.

Weirdly the only game I've seen try and adopt such personal ties and interactions with reactions between them is oddly Rimworld, and Watch Dogs Legion (where the system is a weird novelty that seems like you coudl've literally anchored a series around but its just kind of background that most people wouldn't even notice)

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The future of gaming?

No. Nothing against VR or this game, but VR itself has always had the "Will this be the future of gaming?" or "THIS IS THE FUTURE OF GAMING!". VR always be a niche genre, unless they start dropping that price point and don't make as expensive or more expensive than the consoles themselves.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
No. Nothing against VR or this game, but VR itself has always had the "Will this be the future of gaming?" or "THIS IS THE FUTURE OF GAMING!". VR always be a niche genre, unless they start dropping that price point and don't make as expensive or more expensive than the consoles themselves.
Right now, as the Meta Quest 3 launched at $500 entry price 128 Gig, people are selling their existing stuff to help buy it. The Rift S, the O2. Really weird: The $1,500 Oculus Pro just launched last Spring and is now down $1K with some saying the $500 Q3 is better than it. I'm seeing Q2s used for $200ish. In 5 years, will we see the Pro for that little? I think so. If you want it, that affordability is here now and only getting better and better and cheaper.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Plus there's the fact that simulation sickness is a very real thing, and all the enthusiasm in the world isn't going to help some people keep from hurling their breakfast all over themselves when playing VR.

Reactions: BrawlMan

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
I mean, my thing with VR is we are, centuries away from anything like a Star Trek holodeck or whatever that would fully disassociate form the fact that I'm playing a game.

So all thats being sold at me is wearing a clunky ass helmet and incredibly awkward controls to play a game thats been designed to fit those clunky ass controls that I'd probably vastly prefer to play with one of the other ones.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Glad I am not GTA fan anymore. Lot's of copium going on.

After they abandoned the single player of GTAV only to add all the cool fun extra stuff gated behind the online slow-loading grind sesh that makes you have to interact with a horizon of eternally replicating witless pre-teen kunts for a meager crumb of level progression, any good faith or benefit of the doubt is entirely thrown out the window for me unless future information indicates otherwise. just make the added online content available offline is all, am willing to be pragmatic if they absolutely must milk society so brazenly.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
After they abandoned the single player of GTAV only to add all the cool fun extra stuff gated behind the online slow-loading grind sesh that makes you have to interact with a horizon of eternally replicating witless pre-teen kunts for a meager crumb of level progression, any good faith or benefit of the doubt is entirely thrown out the window for me unless future information indicates otherwise. just make the added online content available offline is all, am willing to be pragmatic if they absolutely must milk society so brazenly.
Didn’t watch Dunkey’s vid yet, but also pragmatically thinking, kinda tough to peg just when actual development on 6 began, seeing as how all hands were on deck for RDR2 which was released just five years ago now. It wouldn’t be surprising if PS6 is at least announced before this game is out.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Here we go again. All because someone thought it would be a good idea to do a nude Chun-Li mod and reached massive public eyes.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Glad I am not GTA fan anymore. Lot's of copium going on.

The video made me realize just how many endless articles and videos there have been with clickbait article, only to conclude with "So yeah, this tiny piece of asset is DEFINITELY a GTA 6 tease" or "So we still don't have solid news on when GTA 6 will be released."

Last edited:

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
@NerfedFalcon, check this out.

It's a lot more stressful not being able to see the percentages, but this is the sort of thing that you see in Lunatic Fire Emblem runs, working out what your best odds are of success and hoping it's enough. And, if you're not the kind of person who thinks anything but Iron is illegal, redoing the same map until it is.

Cannot wait for the remake to come out.