Game Articles and Videos Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

In the time since UC2 released, Donut Drake would have seen both a public outcry of criticism over the joke of his fatness, and later an outpouring of support for and celebration of it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In the time since UC2 released, Donut Drake would have seen both a public outcry of criticism over the joke of his fatness, and later an outpouring of support for and celebration of it.
GG man changed the screenshot. The original title card had three different Drakes with goofy smiles, and the middle one wearing sunglasses.

And as for today's scenario: yeah, there would be be a whole bunch of useless people crying on Twitter and YouTube about it.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Full disclosure: Sue me but not only have I never played the iconic ’80s video game Tetris, I had never heard of it before encountering this new film Tetris,
Wow, I'm actually impressed someone managed to be alive for the last near 40 years and never heard of Tetris.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The name Taron Egerton just screams 'as a child the only shows I was allowed to watch on tv were nature documentaries' and other upper-middle class pretentious twaddle.
At the risk of being the 'Acktually' guy, Taron Egerton is the star of the movie. He was Eggsy in Kingsman, I think that's where he got his start unless he did a bit of British TV first, and can do some absolute belter covers of Elton John songs which landed him the role of the man in a recent movie. I think its the reviewer, Pete Hammond, saying they've never heard of Tetris.

Reactions: BrawlMan

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
At the risk of being the 'Acktually' guy, Taron Egerton is the star of the movie. He was Eggsy in Kingsman, I think that's where he got his start unless he did a bit of British TV first, and can do some absolute belter covers of Elton John songs which landed him the role of the man in a recent movie. I think its the reviewer, Pete Hammond, saying they've never heard of Tetris.
Don't you fucken 'ackshooally' me while I'm Class Warring.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Embargo Venom
1 month ago
One part of the environmental storytelling and lore I like to point out is also in Latria. In the original, the level has these yellow flags, or straps of cloth, spread throughout the level. This obviously, OBVIOUSLY references the Old Monk's takeover and corruption of the area, which the player only realizes later when they meet the boss and see his famously yellow robes, the source of his power.

No Blue Point saw these bits of foreshadowing, figured yellow wasn't scary enough or something, and made all the flags red. RED How do you even miss the point this bad.

Isäntäloinen
3 weeks ago
They also did quite a job on Maneaters. When you enter the arena in original, the first thing you see is a pair of glowing green eyes coming at you from darkess, as this extremely creepy and ominous music kicks in. In remake, you'll see the monster right away and the music is changed to a generic orchestra piece. Not to mention that Maneater's design was changed from a statue embedded with a tortured soul to a hairy gorilla with wings.

So um, please stay away from Bloodborne, Bluepoint.

Last edited: