Game Dogs: Game Makes You

Orekoya

Sep 24, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
No laughing. Only Bob manages to save every episode. You guys need some work. Sorry. It does improve, little by little.
Well, it had another saving grace: it was 3 minutes long. Brevity is the soul of wit, so maybe it's heading the right direction?

Totally unrelated question; how much time do you have to give something before you can write it off as bad and never watch it again?

JimmerDunda

Sep 12, 2009
Ok seriously, you guys are trying too hard now. This series was never very funny from the beginning. You switched up scripts multiple times trying multiple comedic styles and you failed at all of them. This show is nothing close to funny and now relies on pathetic Russian jokes partly based off of, old dumb memes.

You guys are sooner or later gonna have to accept the fact that this was a failed experiment and stop trying to keep it alive by constantly changing the script with the same horrible jokes.

Take this criticism for what you want. Most of the makers either ignore criticism or suspend those who criticize this atrocity. Well I guess its true when they say "truth hurts."

Not trying to troll or be mean but honest. This series is not good. Never was and the way it appears to be going, it never will be.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
WOLVERINES

Bob remains the only truly funny character of the series. Gary is irritating, and it's a shame i view him as such as i really loved his VO for Cuddles in Apocalypse Lane. I have a hard time taking the characters seriously because their animation is so stiff and repetitious in the hand gestures and such. Contrary to what some people have said, i didn't like the russian-o-vision. I found it very disorienting when it swapped from that black and white film effect to normal colour and back again numerous times, along with the all the myriad of background noises you included. Ivan and Drago(?) make for good characters, though ease up on the overused 'da' please. It gives the impression you only say the token 'yes' because it's all most people know and it just comes off as cheap. I can only hope Bob continues to provide humour and create some tension between the rest of the crew and their Russian benefactors.

Indignation837

Apr 11, 2010
Meh, Bob is mildly amusing, but I guess this show just isn't my brand of humor. I've tried to get into it and can't, and judging by the comments I'm not the only one. If I may ask, why exactly does this show get huge site-skin ads, badges, and its own game when other shows that are more popular - judging by the number of comments in lieu of actual traffic numbers - like Doraleous and Associates, Extra Credits, and even MovieBob, don't get any fanfare aside from the spot on the front page? Not to mention that they're also lower on the show list sidebar - oh wait, I guess I just did.

Moffman

May 21, 2009
I just don't like this series. Really have tried to get into it. Watched the whole forst season and now the beginnings of season 2. Just doesn't work for me... "Oh why don't you stop watching then!"... That's exactly what I'm doing... At least i's not as bad as I hit with my axe which is just dullll, watched a minute of that and got bored

Moffman

May 21, 2009
Indignation837 said:
Meh, Bob is mildly amusing, but I guess this show just isn't my brand of humor. I've tried to get into it and can't, and judging by the comments I'm not the only one. If I may ask, why exactly does this show get huge site-skin ads, badges, and its own game when other shows that are more popular - judging by the number of comments in lieu of actual traffic numbers - like Doraleous and Associates, Extra Credits, and even MovieBob, don't get any fanfare aside from the spot on the front page? Not to mention that they're also lower on the show list sidebar - oh wait, I guess I just did.
Yup, this getting huge promotions it silly imo... again opnion therefore I don't care if people disagree... (I'm highly defensive today :p)

Dougle

Oct 18, 2008
Damn short episode.

These are getting worse... Seriously. What was up with the russians? You honestly think all russians wear boots and fur hats and coats, even when they have left the cold russian north and become rich business men working in a air conditioned building in America. C'mon. How would you feel if that all the American characters had to be eating hamburgers or shooting 12 gauges in every scene and wearing cowboy hats? =P Took me right out of it.

Although the last episode I thought was great =P

Dougle

Oct 18, 2008
Well there other stuff is good. Didn't they work/do work on one or two of the other cartoons on the Escapist? I'm not -sure- about that though.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
I'm pretty sure any praise I give will meet with vicious savaging on my character by random people who seem to only follow this show to troll its forums and tell those of us who like the show how much is sucks, in case we couldn't form our own opinions. So, please, feel free to treat my comment like gushing fan boy praise, regardless of its content.

The old film filter effect was funny, hopefully it won't get overused. I'm guessing there'll be a fourth wall breaking joke to end the old film filter joke, that's what I'd do anyway.

The Russians are clearly the funniest part of this series thus far, so it's likely they'll fall prey to carrying most of the show's weight. The Game Show trailer still remains the only part of the show up to now that actually forced me to replay it to catch jokes drowned by my own laughter. (I just hope the show won't rely too much on pop culture references, it's funnier when they come out of nowhere like in the trailer)

So, yeah, it's getting there, good work guys . . . Last week's Bob flashback episode had a really funny ending, though the episode felt very out of place to me . . . Hey, what happened to the opening sequence? We didn't get sick of them enough to complain yet. Was it cut to make room for more show time?

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Dougle said:
Damn short episode.

These are getting worse... Seriously. What was up with the russians? You honestly think all russians wear boots and fur hats and coats, even when they have left the cold russian north and become rich business men working in a air conditioned building in America. C'mon. How would you feel if that all the American characters had to be eating hamburgers or shooting 12 gauges in every scene and wearing cowboy hats? =P Took me right out of it.

Although the last episode I thought was great =P
I would agree that this episode was surprisingly short...

You don't seriously think they think that, right? It wouldn't be very funny if they where politically correct Russians, wearing Disney hats and holding hot dogs while waving little American flags... okay, that would be kind of funny, but funnier if we first knew them as these greatly exaggerated Russians... and as to the American character thing, they (as would the rest of us) would find that absolutely hilarious.

To get slightly off topic, it makes me think of a scene from "Triplets of Bellville" where the protagonist (from France) goes to America and everyone, even The Statue of Liberty (holding a hamburger) was incredibly fat. It was funny to me, especially since we try to portray ourselves as these fit, handsome people in the media, when in reality obesity is one of our greatest concerns. There's a difference between being mean and a friendly ball busting.

I've always agreed that a truly tolerant world can take a joke and telling each other what we can and can't say only makes us hate each other more ... Anyhow, not trying to take the piss out of what you're saying, just tagging on my own opinion.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Introduction of Russian characters.
Main characters establish they're already doing what they need to be doing.
One character reliving a war.

It also confuses me why the main Russian dog is an English sheep dog by all appearances and not one of these [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Russian_Ovcharka]. It would make a fair bit more sense =/

This show is rather lacking as a whole.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Okay, I liked this one. It wasn't really funny but it was still entertaining. Which I'm thankful for because I really didn't like the last episode.

Glad to see we're back in the office too. I like the main trio (Chet, Bethany, and uh, the other dog whose name I can't remember), and I liked Bob before he went a little psychotic. His awkwardness was what made him funny. Now, I kinda find him annoying. :/

Well, whatever. Can't please everyone, right? Anyway, I liked it a lot more than the last episode, which brought back my enthusiasm for the show in general.

Lyri said:
It also confuses me why the main Russian dog is an English sheep dog by all appearances and not one of these [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Russian_Ovcharka]. It would make a fair bit more sense =/
Er...if you're talking about the dog I'm thinking of, isn't he a Siberian Husky?

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
zHellas said:
Is it really called Balalaika-O-Vision, or are you just making a silly Black Lagoon reference?
No, it's a reference to a traditional Russian musical instrument, which in this context is a shorthand for "stupidly exagerrated Russian stereotypes".

Lyri said:
Um, he's supposed to be a husky.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
I'm sorry Russ but I'm still not sold on GD. However, Bob is funny as hell now, but, it's the only thing I find funny. Some more gaming jokes in here would be really great, like what Code Monkeys did.

NeoShinGundam

May 2, 2009
The first episode of Season 2 was a bit of a let down compared to the awesome preview special. However, this episode more than makes up for it. Keep it rolling dudes.

ruff1298

Jul 26, 2009
Oh man, I love those new Russian Owners. That cone was the most impressive part, but the Gritty Reel vision was pretty cool, too. Plus, Bob using a leash as a grappling hook handle was awesome.