Game remake wishes

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
That's why I wanted to see something like the game from my original post. It was a game that suffered from lack of exposure and (for the time) high system requirements. Not many people played it, and it would be essentially a new game. New for most, at least.

Codeman90

Apr 24, 2008
CapnGod said:
That's why I wanted to see something like the game from my original post. It was a game that suffered from lack of exposure and (for the time) high system requirements. Not many people played it, and it would be essentially a new game. New for most, at least.
Yeah definatley. There are games that could go for a facelift. They didn't get much attention or maybe they could go a different direction with a certain part of the game.

However remaking a game like the OoT of FFVII is just doing it to please the fans and make a few quick bucks. Thats just ridiculous and cheap.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Brawl (yeah I already consider that old) with good gameplay this time and more stuff in the stage editor.

Carmaggedon would be awesome with better graphics and more realistic slaughter.

Rock N Roll Racing on the PS 1 would be great with more options and more great rock songs.

Super Mario 64 with more levels and harder bosses.

Perfect Dark with even more of everything in it and better graphics, like it didn't have enough already!

Super Mario Kart in 3D with more levels, items and the battle mode of Mario Kart 64.

All the FF and GS games with less pointless dialogue and better graphics.

I wanted to say some improvement for Red Alert 2 but that game is already perfect!

SirJewBagel

Sep 25, 2008
Road Rage, the motorcycle game where you try to race to the finish but you can beat the living crap out of the other racers with anything from tasers to sledge hammers.

and

Jet Force Gemini, really just revamp the graphics and make the multi-player online.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Nazulu said:
Brawl (yeah I already consider that old) with good gameplay this time and more stuff in the stage editor.
If they start remaking games that new, we'd be trapped in an infinite cycle of remakes. First Brawl gets remade, then it gets remade again, then again, ad infinitum.
Well I don't know how you got to that conclusion but I say it got old pretty quick! I just want the gameplay to change to be more like Melee's and a couple of new things in the stage editor, thats it! It doesn't need any further remakes after that.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
Man, a Rise of the Triad remake'd be pretty fucking awesomeballs. Hehe... drunken rockets. Maybe not a remake, but a re-release. Or a Conker style update.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Old classic PC games that are a pain to run on modern computers, and if you eventually get them running they are terribly outdated. I'd list them, but I'm sure some people would flame me for calling the "terribly outdated" and claim that they are timeless ^^

Lord Of Cyberia

Jan 4, 2009
Albion. Hands down one of the most immersive, and down right best RPGs I've ever played, and I have barely started it. Its an old Dos game which you can find on Abandonia and HOTU.
If it were updated (controls iffy, graphics not that good), it WOULD be the best game ever

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
Littaly said:
Old classic PC games that are a pain to run on modern computers, and if you eventually get them running they are terribly outdated. I'd list them, but I'm sure some people would flame me for calling the "terribly outdated" and claim that they are timeless ^^
Was that at little old me, perchance? Hell, I don't doubt that some games are better left to fond remembrances, but some, man, some games had awesome potential. They just seemed limited by things like, crappy technology. Lots of people love Ocarina of Time. Kind of a remake on older Zelda games.

I think the wit and humor behind RotT would make it great, but I can concede that it is entirely possible that it would be a shitty rehashing.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Tales of Symphonia 2- Bring the open world back, get rid of the crappy protagonist and give the thing to lloyd, give it a better storyline, ship it to the 360 or ps3 so we can get better graphics, bring back all of the voice actors from the original to reprise their roles please!

Canebrake

Nov 14, 2008
Descent Anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_game

It was one of the first true 3D games.

Also in my humble opinion,Best game of 95'

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Canebrake said:
Descent Anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_game

It was one of the first true 3D games.

Also in my humble opinion,Best game of 95'
I wish the plan to make a Descent 4 game using the Geo-Mod engine from Red Faction had gone through, it seemed like such a great idea for a series with a premise of "mining robots have gone kill-crazy"

of course, Interplay has apparently renewed the rights to it so they might finally be doing something with the license.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
I killed a lot of mining bots and listened to a lot of Mozart Makes You Smarter back in the day playing Descent. Think it obscure enough to justify bringing it out for a breath of fresh air?

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Monster Rancher!!
Seriously under appreciated game! I mean it'd have to be a major update so new discs can work with it, maybe some more things to do with the monster, but really, if they remade Monster Rancher for the PS1 i'd be a very happy man.

Especially if they made it for the 360 (I'd say PS3 but i don't actually own one).

The main reason for this is, again it's an under appreciated game and the infamous "Sequals" are so fucking hard to come by i just choose to accept that they were never made.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Nazulu said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Nazulu said:
If they start remaking games that new, we'd be trapped in an infinite cycle of remakes. First Brawl gets remade, then it gets remade again, then again, ad infinitum.
Well I don't know how you got to that conclusion but I say it got old pretty quick! I just want the gameplay to change to be more like Melee's and a couple of new things in the stage editor, thats it! It doesn't need any further remakes after that.
Ahhhhh...I misunderstood. I thought you meant "old" as in the amount of time it's been out, not how fun it was. My mistake.
It'll be rather irrelevant, though, as it's Nintendo, and they'll flog that horse until it's paste. You'll get your wish, likely as not, you know?