T-T i wanna play this, and this would be WAY cheaper then buying a PS3 again

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Korten12 said:
X4NDR said:
Korten12 said:
Kopikatsu said:
Korten12 said:
As I have stated before, if it has Mods, I won't buy it. If it doesn't, I will buy it again to play it on my laptop.
wat. If it has mods you won't buy it and if it doesn't you'll buy it again...?
Without going into it again, I will say this. Dark Souls doesn't support it self to mods. It is tightly crafted, the way the online works, to the world. Everything should be kept the way it was original created.
I don't see how being able to support mods would make the game any worse. I can see your train of thought but mods are completely optional. You can still play the game vanilla. No one's going to force you to download this mod or that.
Because of how the game works. The online doesn't support it. What people fail to understand is that this will BE A PORT. They will not overhaul the whole multiplayer system so then a couple of people could mod.
Demon's Souls had offline play. It has nothing to do with overhauling. It has to do with online and offline play.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Excuse me, Japan, which an Asian country, and the biggest producer of video games in Asia. The companies of which do not seem to like the PC platform.

The majority of games out of Asia are console exclusives, though. And the majority of PC games are made by Westerners. And the majority of PC gamers I've come across I wouldn't exactly call... enthusiasts of Asian video games, Japan or otherwise. Which is what has left me quite shocked out this whole thing.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though, and see things change. I certainly support this if it's possible, it would certainly show that a Japanese game that is not an MMORPG can be successful on the PC platform.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Its weird, Japanese game devs are so out of touch with the western market people need to work together to convince a COMPANY they want our money. Its like seeing junkies trying to convince a dealer to share, telling him how much they like crack and really want to have some too if only he would let them.

I know there has to be enough of an audience for it to be worth their while but a brief look at steam and the rampant success of deep RPG's on PC should have them giddy with greed surely?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Grey Carter said:
"A port of this game has a high chance of being extremely successful for From Software and Namco Bandai," reads the petition. "Given the sales of games such as The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and The Witcher, there is a large market for games like this. PC gamers love unforgiving, hardcore games."
Erm, what? I now can't take this petition seriously, i'm too busy being confused

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
So much Totalbiscuit talk... I honestly never thought of him as someone THAT big...

I'd be slightly bummed if it came to PC at this particular moment... seeing as this was one of the games that worked as a tipping point to make me buy a PS3.

Oh who am I kidding, I loved the small part of Dark Souls I have played but I never go anywhere near the damn PS3, I played it for maybe 2 days after I got it >.<
Give me a PC port so I can play it properly D:

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
chimpzy said:
Dark Souls for PC? Sure, why not?

How about a trade? PC gamers get Dark Souls if consoles get The Witcher. And don't tell me it wouldn't work out.
I see that as a fair trade, fair warning though The Witcher and its sequel won't looks as pretty if the PC Collective Governance gives it to you console guys.

What would be amazing is cross platform play, most likely PS3 and PC. It's not like either PC or PS3 players would be at a huge disadvantage to each other since both M&K and controllers have advantages for third person action.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
Alexnader said:
What would be amazing is cross platform play, most likely PS3 and PC. It's not like either PC or PS3 players would be at a huge disadvantage to each other since both M&K and controllers have advantages for third person action.
Plus some PC users would be playing with a gamepad anyway.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Korten12 said:
As I have stated before, if it has Mods, I won't buy it. If it doesn't, I will buy it again to play it on my laptop.

Uhhhh, mods are optional, like, all the time.

I can't understand your thinking here. Mods are always a PLUS, since modders generally put out some REALLY great stuff and expand the lifetime of any given game.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
I'd support this, along with a multi-platform-play patch or add-on.

One problem is the controls: I've got Dark Souls on my PS3, and I can't imagine playing the game with a keyboard/mouse combo. I guess you can map the left hand/right hand/item/spell thing to 1,2,3,4 and the dodge/run to spacebar or shift or something, but it's really a gamepad. Could a loyal member of the master race come up with a possible control map?

Ickorus said:
Oops, I wasn't finished with this quote and I forgot about it when I hit post.

Those two games aren't so much hard as so immense that it's difficult to figure everything out and I firmly believe if Dwarf Fortress was graphical instead of Ascii and had a proper tutorial it'd be far easier.

Dark Souls is hard in a much narrower way than them.
Oh yes. That said, Dark Souls would be a hell of a lot easier if they bothered to explain what you needed to do. I wasted some rare Titanite shards when I accidentally reinforced weapons to (I think) scale with my INT when I was only leveling my DEX. I like my obscene critical hit damage, don't trick me into removing it!

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Ragsnstitches said:
Ultimately, however, Console ports to PC rarely if ever ship with mod tools anyway and even after that, never truly support Mods for online play, leaving it to the communities themselves to work around that obstacle (thus keeping it within that community) .
The other thing about most community and repurposed 3rd party modding tools is that they're not exactly user friendly. Some are, and when a different game ships with expansive modding tools it can be a godsend, but generally it's a struggle to get several kludged tools with unholy UIs to work together.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I hate the internet I am excited at the thought of this now...and it might not even happen :|

DAMN YOU TUBES!!! What have you done!

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Grey Carter said:
"Given the sales of games such as The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and The Witcher, there is a large market for games like this
lol, what? I haven't played The Witcher, so no comment there, but having played Dark Souls and Skyrim I'm rather baffled by the fact that anyone could use the term "games like this" as if those two are at all similar. "Both have dragons" doesn't really cut it.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
If this was to come out on the PC I would most likely purchase it. I have been wanting to play Dark Souls since it came out but I sold my PS3 and I don't use my x-box 360 anymore.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Gotta say, personally I didn't enjoy the game. For me it wasn't difficult due to the enemies being overly tough and challenging, but rather the mechanics of the game itself just proved to be too great an obstacle. Granted, I've since heard that along with beating everything with the nerf-bat they fixed some of the mechanical issures, so I might be willing to try it again. As a fan of the Ninja Gaiden series, I've got nothing against a game's combat being brutally unforgiving and I did, in fact, like how obscenely over-powered a lot of the enemies were, but when something like crappy controls or a second long delay between pushing the button on your controler and having the corresponding action carried out are what's making the game challenging, that's when I start to think a game is pretty lame (i.e. simply not made well).

That said, as I mentioned I might give it another shot now that they released that patch a while back. As for PC gamers, why not? They've got just as much right as anyone else to get their faces stomped in by a massive demon. :p

P.S. I can't believe there's so many masochists out there saying "This game's fantastic! Ooooooooh it hurts sooooo goooooood!" :p

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Hmm... Dark Souls in 1080p. Yes please!

Actually I might not get it on PC since I already own it on PS3, but it would be cool. Especially if it had modding support (mostly for better textures).

Viper114

Dec 3, 2008
I'm an avid PC gamer, and I love playing Dark Souls on my PS3, but this is one time I will admit that porting this to PC is not a good idea. It purely feels like a console game through and through. PLUS, as the end of the article says, the last time they tried to port something to PC, it turned out to be a terrible port. Do you think people will be impressed if they give the same treatment to this game on PC?

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
LilithSlave said:
Excuse me, Japan, which an Asian country, and the biggest producer of video games in Asia. The companies of which do not seem to like the PC platform.

The majority of games out of Asia are console exclusives, though. And the majority of PC games are made by Westerners. And the majority of PC gamers I've come across I wouldn't exactly call... enthusiasts of Asian video games, Japan or otherwise. Which is what has left me quite shocked out this whole thing.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though, and see things change. I certainly support this if it's possible, it would certainly show that a Japanese game that is not an MMORPG can be successful on the PC platform.
Starcraft.

Korea.

Nuff Said.

There is a decent market for PC games in Asia, just not western PC games with the exception of Starcraft. Hell, non-Asian games in general don't usually do well in Asia.

In Japan, visual novels are quite popular as PC games. Monster Hunter in Japan was popular enough to garner a PC inclusion called MH: Frontier. And Phantasy Star Online is still going strong as another PC online RPG currently. It's not that Asia doesn't like PC games, they just don't like most Western PC games.