Gamers Ship 400 Cupcakes to BioWare in Protest of Mass Effect 3

niceguy191

Mar 11, 2010
According to the invoice posted online, they'll be ready on the 30th.... Hmmm... That's only a 4.5 hour drive from here for over 400 cupcakes and I even know which bakery to hang out by in order to intercept the delivery because of the invoice... I think my Friday just got booked up :D

Edit: Invoice is <link=http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/bioware-receives-402-protest-cupcakes-of-mass-effect-3-ending-11947>here by the way

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Batsamaritan said:
yep, there all pathetic losers.

Complaining about not liking an ending is one thing, but the whole 'retake me3' movement is for fucking losers with to much time on there spunk-stained hands. They need to get out of the house take a bresh of fresh air, learn to say 'whatever' and find something else in life. Perhaps visit a cancer ward and see some real misery, it should at least put their stupid problems in perspective.
Arguing with you seems like a fruitless endeavor, but you do realize this movement has successfully donated more than $80,000 to children with cancer, as well as other smaller charities?

rickthetrick

Jun 19, 2009
hulksmashley said:
EvilChameleon said:
400 cupcakes can not be divided evenly into 3 different colors.
It's sad that this is all I could think too. They'd need 402 cupcakes to evenly divide them.
Extra cupcakes will be released later in order to improve the color ratio.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
... I get their point.

But this doesn't feel like it's helping any point.

EA's probably looking at the cupcakes right now and wondering if this is good or bad PR.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
rickthetrick said:
hulksmashley said:
EvilChameleon said:
400 cupcakes can not be divided evenly into 3 different colors.
It's sad that this is all I could think too. They'd need 402 cupcakes to evenly divide them.
Extra cupcakes will be released later in order to improve the color ratio.
It was 402 cupcakes, it's been misreported. And the actual cupcakes will be delivered tomorrow.

Evil Alpaca

May 22, 2010
BehattedWanderer said:
Evil Alpaca said:
Meanwhile 400 cupcakes go stale in front of the Bioware staff because each is too afraid to try.
You vastly underestimate the power of cupcakes. I imagine they'll be gone entirely within two days.
Only if the staff thinks they're safe, but that's what interns are for.

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
So... none of this whole thing is starting to feel a little... comical?

You guys... seriously you guys. Just move on. It's not that big of a deal, it's just a bad ending, you need to get on with your lives.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Evil Alpaca said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Evil Alpaca said:
Meanwhile 400 cupcakes go stale in front of the Bioware staff because each is too afraid to try.
You vastly underestimate the power of cupcakes. I imagine they'll be gone entirely within two days.
Only if the staff thinks they're safe, but that's what interns are for.
They'll come from a reputable bakery. Even if they didn't there's always a few people everywhere that have iron stomachs, or the stoned guys who don't care if they're tricked, or the people who just freaking love cupcakes, and they would ensure that the cupcakes were properly tended.

Never underestimate the power of cupcakes.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I already know Bioware's response. "Yo! Free cake! Aww...It's vanilla...If the fans TRULY cared, they would have sent us chocolate." ::sniffle::

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Mike Kayatta said:
"We are currently trying to organize the delivery of a mass of cupcakes to Bioware's studio in Edmonton. All the cupcakes will be divided into equal parts Red, Blue and Green colors... but they will all taste exactly the same."
That's...brilliant. Hat's off to this guy.

Mike Kayatta said:
"We rage because we love"
This. This so hard.

People (most recently among them being Yahtzee) seem to think that the 'Take Back ME3' crowd is like some sort of emotionally abusive parent, expecting more from their child/game even though nothing will ever be enough to please them.

This couldn't be further from the truth. Maybe the parent thing is correct simply because fans know that Bioware is capable of something better than this. I can sincerely say that I, like many others, am not angry with Bioware: I'm just disappointed.

Mike Kayatta said:
I'm not quite sure why three cupcakes wouldn't have sufficed, putting this "movement" back maybe $10 with shipping instead of a grand, but then again, maybe it's important that every single employee taste the scrumptious consequences of its writers' foolish actions!
Well, for one thing, this isn't some sort of multi-faceted movement. What would they need extra money for? Besides, they want it noticed, so they scale up the size.

Plus, as I said, these are still Bioware fans. They're raising their concerns but they're doing it in a way that ensures that it isn't presented as an insult.

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
rayen020 said:
is it just me or is the fan protest of mass effect 3 ending like the most productive rage fest ever? $80,000 to a charity, and now 400 cupcakes to their offices? We need to swing this into other productive endeavors. a few;
-democracy in syria against mass effect 3
-Feeding orphans in africa to change the ending.
-WORLD PEACE IN THREE DIFFERENT COLORS!!!
You just made my night. I honestly couldn't stop giggling at that last one. xD

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
I think it is a harmless and funny way of getting your point across but there is no need to get worked up about this. And I say that to both sides.