Games are Banned. You may keep one...

VerverkS

Aug 7, 2011
If I could only play one video game for the rest of my life, it would probably have to be World of Warcraft. I've played the game once and I didn't like it because it was too big and too addictive and I had other options. But if I didn't have those other options, suddenly that game looks worth it. Everyone should just play that game only. The world would still be fun.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
oblivion or fallout, i played those games for weeks and weeks and weeks and still have not scratched the surface

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Nami nom noms said:
With online play? probably RE5...
Without it... the original Perfect Dark? tbh I'd lose interest eventually regardless... so I'd have to get into some other medium, or even worse, take up another wholesome activity like sports!
Another RE5 fan makes that a distinct possibility, though if I'm allowed to wait for a game it'd be The Old Republic.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
SidingWithTheEnemy said:
-snip-
I would take Masters of Orion II if I could ever bear the graphics again. So let's say Masters of Orion II HD remake
I'm torn between MoO II and Saints Row 2. I would add to the chorus of "wait 1 more month so I can have..." but there's no guarantee that Saints Row the Third will really be as good as it looks.

...we MoO lovers know what it's like to have the third installment of our franchise suck real hard.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
EmperorSubcutaneous said:
I would wait until Guild Wars 2 came out and choose that. Assuming they'd still be allowed to keep their servers running.

Otherwise, I have no idea. I love Silent Hill 2 and Riven, but I've already experienced them enough times to be satisfied.

Maybe...Solitaire.
It's been a long time since I've heard anyone talk about Riven. I remember playing through that game with my dad and feeling really bad when he let me choose whether or not we entered a book he had just found. I said we should go in to look around and it ended up being the prison book *facepalm*

Luckily my dad saved a lot, so it wasn't too big of a setback. He didn't let me hear the end of that for years.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
If mods are permitted, Fallout 3. If no mods permitted, I think I'll just *ugh*, go out and play board games with people.

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
Argh! So hard to choose just one! Here are some contenders:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Uncharted 2
Resident Evil 4
Half-life 2
Burnout 3
Oblivion/skyrim
God of War 3
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Prince of Persia
Mass Effect 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Unreal (the original)

I'm sure I'll think of some other ones...

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
I know, I know!

Master of Magic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_magic

I have sometimes thought about this, and I have never been in doubt.

The reason is that it has almost endless replayability, amazing depth and is very hard on higher difficulty levels.

A second pick would probably be Civilization 2 or Civilization 4.

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
I'd have to say minecraft. It's not my favorite, but I feel of all games it has the best potential to be played infinitely. We'll see how huge and magnificent world I can build when I've been playing for years on end.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Rock Band 3 - Easy decision for me as I've put more time into this game than any other and I still don't tire of it. Even if I couldn't continue getting DLC for it, the songs I have would keep me busy for years. If only the drum set lasted more than 12 months before breaking down. I've yet to even try and master guitar or keyboard either.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
I'd get rid of all my games and wait for skyrim and keep that, if that's not allowed I would likely keep Oblivion, I've never had so much fun playing a video game before.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Mass Effect 1. It's my favorite game and I've played it over and over already, I could easily keep on doing that until the end of time.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Easy. Super Mario 64.

It was my first ever video game and my greatest cultural touchstone. Nothing will come even remotely close to the profound effect that had on my life, nor the sense of whimsy and wonder and i discovered the many worlds in the paintings; as well as the pitch-perfect feeling of challenge and reward in hunting down all 120 stars. I know the game inside out having played it countless times, which is a shame in a way since i know where and how to get every star. But that doesn't stop me from playing it on my Wii every few months. I'm fortunate that the first ever game that introduced me into gaming as a whole was also one that happened to be critically acclaimed; the near-perfect transition from the 2d to the 3d era.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
For now, Fallout: New Vegas.

I'm still not done with all of the playthroughs I want to do.

It would just be nice if I could play it without it freezing up every ten minutes.