Games everyone but you hates.

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
Final Fantasy X-2, XII, and XIII.

I freaking loved XII. And while I was disappointed for various reasons with the other two, I didn't think they were near as bad as others made them out to be. I still enjoyed the games, even though I was a bit let down.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
DA2? Sure it's less than stellar but it doesn't really deserve the amount of "worst gaem evar!'s" the gaming community throws its way.
Wuggy said:
Definitely Dragon Age 2.

I can see the disappointment in people, but the inferiority to the original didn't prevent me from enjoying the game.
Yeah, I honestly even have a hard time seeing the disappointment. I mean, it's a different game, but, for what it is, DA2 was fantastic, and actually entertaining writing from Bioware...

m72_ar said:
Alpha Protocol.

Quite a few tech problems, but it has an amazing writing and arguably the only game where your choice means something
Alpha Protocol had issues, but it was a very solid game.

WhiteFlower said:
Mount and Blade. Everything I could imagine in an RPG/RTS. It is the perfect blend of ideas...just needs some smoothing out in some areas.
I didn't realize that was a universally hated game. All I've ever heard was praise for that series.

Anyway, on my own:

Two Worlds

The dialog was hilarious, not standard English, but it was consistent.
Gameplay started off slow, but it was easy enough to break turning the game into a hilarious session of wading into enemies and tearing them apart.

Titan Quest

Easily the best Diablo Clone I've ever played.

Chrome

Ignoring the gawdawful stealth maps. This is actually a pretty entertaining open world FPS.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Metroid:Other M

Bar the rather flat voice acting for Samus and the silly decision to withhold the Varia suit upgrade I actually really enjoyed this game.The level of hatred directed at it is laughable to be honest

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
Tin Man said:
Bioshock 2s multiplayer.
I had a BLAST with that multiplayer. But I have a blast with most multiplayers, so that's not necessarily saying much.

P.S. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer for the sake of multiplayer, don't get me wrong. I hate that they do it, but I almost always have fun with it anyways.

javelinstark

Sep 19, 2011
MetalDooley said:
Metroid:Other M

Bar the rather flat voice acting for Samus and the silly decision to withhold the Varia suit upgrade I actually really enjoyed this game.The level of hatred directed at it is laughable to be honest
me too. it mixed everything i liked about the prime series with more classic metroid games and put things more in an action centric perspective, expressing the inner badass samus has always been... except for in the cutscenes

Solid Reece

Nov 19, 2010
martintox said:
Final Fantasy XII.

It's not that good, but compared to XIII, it's a masterpiece.
To me, XIII would be the masterpiece. I'm not saying I hate XII but I like the story to XIII more.

Also X-2 and the White Knight Chronicles, I don't understand why so many people hate them so much.

Evil_Tim

Dec 13, 2011
For me it's Bionic Commando (2009).

I thought it was a very fun game. I loved the swinging and the combat. Radition zones were bullshit though, no denying that. What I see most people complain about is the story, and the look of the protagonist. Neither of these things bother me at all. Also, while most people hate the unexpected plot twist at the end, I didn't. Though I tend to find those unexpected, completely out of nowhere kinds of twists to be very interesting.

Also, Brutal Legend is an AMAZING game, it shouldn't be showing up in any of these lists. My one and ONLY complaint about that game is that it was way too short. I still replay that game on Brutal difficulty every now and then.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
BladeStorm. I flipping LOVED that game! Gaming bliss for me from start to finish

Ashura

Dec 13, 2011
The Journeyman Project III: Legacy of Time for one.

More recently, I would say Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Viewtiful Joe. My friends are apparantly scared of anything from Japan and it was very anime-inspired. So that.
Viewtiful Joe is one of my favourite games ever. A pox on the house of anyone who dislikes it. It's not even all that anime-y, more like a pastiche of schlocky monster/action movies in general.

For me, it's starting to feel like everyone hates Oblivion. I know that it has garnered tremendous acclaim and glowing reviews, but man, do I see a huge amount of criticism and in some cases outright hatred for it. But it remains one of my favourites. I actually prefer it to Skyrim, a seemingly very rare opinion.

Ryu-Kage

May 6, 2011
I know a lot of people who didn't like Pokemon Diamond and Pearl as much as some of the older ones. And to be honest, I'm not huge on those ones either. I wonder, however, how many of those people were willing to give Platinum a chance, because that one's pretty awesome. It is as slow as Diamond and Pearl, but the design and the sheer number of new toys (not just additional Pokemon, but early access to awesome items, too) really redeem it for me.

...that's really the best I've got. I guess A Nightmare on Elm Street isn't as bad as other crap Rare and LJN put out in the NES days...

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I didn't hate FFXIII
I actually stopped playing once it got to a point where if sufficiently opened up for my guide to tell me to backtrack for CP, and I thought to myself that I'd get back to it later. Never did.
Big_Willie_Styles said:
I may be the only living person who actually enjoyed "Star Fox Adventures."
I enjoyed it. Didn't even know people hated it until recently, because I wasn't aware of the reasons.

Dec 3, 2011
Well a lot of people I know hate that Skyward Sword uses motion controls. I personally adore the motion controls, and couldn't imagine the next game going back.

jpsmythe

Oct 4, 2011
Dragon Age II

I agree that the environment and story were pretty bad compared to DA I, but I loved the characters, and even liked the combat.

javelinstark

Sep 19, 2011
anthony87 said:
Well going by the reaction on this site I'm gonna go ahead and say Metal Gear Rising...
wait people didnt like the new trailer?
everyone i know is very excited. i guess people cant get over the fact that the solid saga is done and a new and fresh experience awaits in rising

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
Final Fantasy X-2. Up until the moment I actually played it, I had heard nothing but complaints about it, a great majority of which got dispelled for me after the tutorial stage, and I enjoy the game very much.

Encentrik

Nov 11, 2011
I have to go with Advent Rising; the trailer to this game still gives me goosebumps. The creatures themselves are not that different from say the Elites from Halo but the whole idea of your character being the last surviving Human and that Humanity is hailed as Gods for being able to unlock Psychokinetic powers is pretty interesting. The gameplay at the beginning is a bit of a mess due to the awful targeting system but once you have your powers, nothing could be more fun.

The cutscenes are quite entertaining, the voice acting is surprisingly well done and the music by Tommy Tallarico is simply wonderful. Although I will point out that someone on the development team apparently has never seen a women since their version of a woman each has 34E breasts and extremely slim waists... While obviously most men would not care for that in REAL life, it's a bit odd to see all the women figured like that.

Overall it's a game that I thoroughly enjoy, mostly for the story and music, and wished that it could've gotten the sequels that they planned on making. The man who was in charge of the production group, who is now in charge of Chair (Creators of Shadow Complex) said they would love to do the sequels but don't have the rights to do them.