Games everyone but you hates.

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
Dragon Age 2, I love it personally but it seems to get a bad vibe from most people.

Olivia Faraday

Mar 30, 2011
Dragon Age 2, which is easily my GOTY. No, it's not perfect. No game is. Everyone creaming themselves over Skyrim have to admit that the dialogue is hilariously basic and the bugs are astoundingly high. However, to them, those things don't matter as much as the freedom and flow of gameplay. Same for me and DA2. One man's deal breaker is another's whatever. DA2's flaws are mostly all things that don't bug me much, and its strengths are all things that are top of the list in importance for me.

Also, I loved most of the series to varying degrees, but Final Fantasy XII is easily and without contest my favourite of the entire bunch.

It used to really bug me that nobody else likes the games I do, and all the really big name popular games seem to whoosh over my head audibly. But truth be told, I've mostly stopped giving a shit. So long as the stuff I like keeps getting made, I don't really care what everybody else thinks about it, and I wish everyone the best with the stuff I don't give a crap about that they love.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Valanthe said:
On topic however, among my group of friends the answer is Mirror's Edge
I really need to go back to that game, I got stuck and just stopped playing.

As for my game, I'm pretty mainstream. With my friends I would say Star Wars: Galaxies. Being married to someone who has earned a handful of World First achievements in World of Warcraft has cause a few arguments over how bad or good Star Wars: Galaxies was.

If I'm comparing to online I would say Battlefield 3 Campaign. Perhaps it is because it is the first military campaign I've played (aside from Army of One which I hated) or perhaps it was because my internet was down and I was desperate to play anything. In either case I liked it, minus the glitch at the very end of the game
Where I'm fighting with the main antagonist in the middle of a street with everyone screaming and pointing.[spoiler/] Which would of been cool except for some reason the game failed to render him. So all I saw was me kicking ass and getting my ass kicked by myself.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
javelinstark said:
anthony87 said:
Well going by the reaction on this site I'm gonna go ahead and say Metal Gear Rising...
wait people didnt like the new trailer?
everyone i know is very excited. i guess people cant get over the fact that the solid saga is done and a new and fresh experience awaits in rising
Oh yeah man.

Take a look in any of the Rising related threads, cries of Ruined FOREVER and They Changed It, Now It Sucks abound. Apparently the trailer featuring the cyborg ninja who can breakdance mini Metal Gears to death, stop a city sized battleship with one arm and rain down lightning on a squad of soldiers was too ridiculous....

Grygor

Oct 26, 2010
For all those mentioning Final Fantasy XII, you are definitely not the only ones - the press loved it too. (And why not? It is really good.)

On topic: Final Fight: Streetwise.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
Alone in the Dark 5, or the newest one depending on who you talk to. I don't see why people hated it? It was innovative and focused more on things you found more than shooty shooty fun.

NorthernStar

Oct 24, 2011
I'd say Dragon Age 2, Final Fantasy XIII and FFX-2.

Dragon Age 2 was an improvement over origins combat-wise (at least in my opinion). The obvious recycling of environments didn't bother me as much as I found the companions to be quite entertaining.

FFXIII, well, I personally loved the characters, the crisp style. In fact, my favourite part of the game are the first 17 hours. I don't dislike handholding as long as there are characters and a story worthy of keeping my attention. For me, that was the case in FFXIII.

I played FFX-2 before I'd played FFX. If I'd picked up FFX when it came out and had spent my time waiting for FFX-2 I would have been sorely disappointed, but perhaps because of the inverted order I quite liked the game. The combat system was fun and I liked the breezy happy-go-lucky atmosphere.

Also, people disliked Mirror's Edge?! Why?

Matt9102

Aug 14, 2011
I LOVED Alpha Protocol. Anybody who has played the game and liked it will know one of its bigger problems when I say it: Sis's story. It really needed elaborated, she was the most interesting character in the game and her story is cut off the second you leave Moscow.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Final Fantasy 13, Call of Juarez: The Cartel and Kane & Lynch: Dog Days.

EDIT: Oh, and WET.

EDIT (again): DA2. I don't get why people hate it, I even liked Anders. Ok, he was a bit whiny, but A: he reacted appropriatly to the situation and B: At least he wasn't genocidal. (Looks accusingly at Fenris.)

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
Final Fantasy X-2 is my favorite game of all time.
Final Fantasy XIII produced several of my favorite characters in any game, ever, most notably the precious and heartbreaking Oerba Dia Vanille and the impossibly charming Hope Estheim.
Final Fantasy XIV has consumed my life to the point where I don't really play much else.
Bionic Commando was one of my favorite 2009 releases.
Wet was another.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare had a really well-paced and engaging campaign that I adored.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
COD 4? Minecraft? I don't think some of you understood the question. These are supposed to be games that are generally hated, not wildly successful and incredibly well-received games with a tiny vocal minority of people who whine about them.

Anyway, I'd have to say Trespasser. It's definitely a bad game, but it fails in a lot interesting ways. A first person simulation in that style hadn't really been made before or since, so it has a lot of novelty and charm, even though it's broken.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Dragon Age 2 was fun for me, lacked replayability but that was the only real issue I saw with it other than a few minute things like how OP the rogue is.
Clear an entire room with nothing but four moves? Dang son.

Oh, and for those that are into the Tales series, I liked Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World.
Yes they changed Tales of Symphonia and made it different, that's the point of a sequel.

majes

Oct 12, 2009
Lunar: Dragon Song. Yes it had some atrocious gameplay decisions, but I still <3 me some Lunar.