Games everyone but you hates.

Kilroy17

Jul 18, 2011
Pretty much any of the Worms games barring one or two people I know and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen PC, sad or "movie-game" or whatever but I really enjoyed the online play.

WhiteFlower

Dec 6, 2011
Starke said:
I didn't realize that was a universally hated game. All I've ever heard was praise for that series.
I didn't realize that you knew everyone in the universe. Sorry I don't have that many friends. Sorry I don't give a shit about what big wigs or anyone besides my immediate circle of friends thinks.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
People hate Prototype for some reason. I literally cannot fathom why. I thought the game was amazing! YOU COULD JUMP KICK A HELICOPTER!

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
WhiteFlower said:
Starke said:
I didn't realize that was a universally hated game. All I've ever heard was praise for that series.
I didn't realize that you knew everyone in the universe. Sorry I don't have that many friends. Sorry I don't give a shit about what big wigs or anyone besides my immediate circle of friends thinks.
And yet, here you are complaining about their taste, and freaking out at people who disagree with them. Hmm, mixed messages much?

WhiteFlower

Dec 6, 2011
Starke said:
And yet, here you are complaining about their taste, and freaking out at people who disagree with them. Hmm, mixed messages much?
Help me understand, how is posting a response considered complaining?

random_bars

Oct 2, 2010
javelinstark said:
brutal legend
everyone tells me they didnt pull it off well enough. its still in my top 3 games of all time.
Those people who say that they didn't pull it off well enough have no idea what they're talking about. I don't mean in terms of "their opinion is different than mine therefore they're WRONG", I mean in terms of the fact that they didn't experience the game as intended and therefore are complaining about an entirely different game than the one I, and most likely you, love.

...Depending on the person and the complaint, of course. But 99% of the time the people who didn't like Brutal Legend didn't play it right, it's as simple as that.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
WhiteFlower said:
Starke said:
Help me understand, how is posting a response considered complaining?
Well you did say, "everyone but me hates Mount and Blade", and I said "really? Everyone I talked to loved it", and then you said, "You jerk! How dare you like the same thing as me!?" And here I am wondering what you're going on about.

LiquidSolstice

Dec 25, 2009
To be honest? If I am to take the majority of news article comments and forum board postings into account, I'd say I'm literally the only human being on this planet that has enjoyed every single Call of Duty game.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
LiquidSolstice said:
To be honest? If I am to take the majority of news article comments and forum board postings into account, I'd say I'm literally the only human being on this planet that has enjoyed every single Call of Duty game.
You are. :p

But, in all honesty, I have actually enjoyed the ones I've played. Also, remember we're not alone, Jim Sterling is fond of it as well. :p

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
SargentToughie said:
V da Mighty Taco said:
Shadow the Hedgehog. Most of the modern Sonic games that I've actually played really were half ass (not counting the stellar imo Sonic Battle for GBA) though I still had some fun with them, but I genuinely enjoyed StH and do plan to buy it again one day.

Also, Risk is awesome. Monopoly... not so much.
Have you played Sonic Generations yet? It's basically the best sonic game to come out since Sonic 2, IMO.
Haven't played Generations, Colors, Unleashed, nor any of the Adventure games. Can't afford to spend $60 dollars on a new game very often, especially when I'm uncertain about how good it will be and how long it will last me (I generally hate short games unless it's Portal); and I didn't grow up with a Dreamcast. Also, I personally prefer Sonic 3 to Sonic 2, especially when it's combined with Sonic & Knuckles. Hyper Sonic ftw!

WhiteFlower

Dec 6, 2011
Starke said:
Well you did say, "everyone but me hates Mount and Blade", and I said "really? Everyone I talked to loved it", and then you said, "You jerk! How dare you like the same thing as me!?" And here I am wondering what you're going on about.
Well there's the problem. It seems there's been a failure to communicate. I took your original response as hostility (I assume everyone on the internet, especially forums, are dickheads). That is not what I meant so I apologize for the confusion. For the record, everyone I know doesn't like M&B because it is either boring, choppy or weird. I personally love it.

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
michiehoward said:
Final FAntasy X-2.

Loved the game, loved the continuation of Yuna story and the resolution you can have. Loved being in Spira again! However everyone else I know wouldn't play it.
That game, while not having the best story, had the most fun battle system in the entire FF series for me. If they include that battle system again I would buy it.

Melopahn said:
Okami, they have given me a lot of reasons including; bad graphics, terrible music, dumb story, lame characters, lame gameplay, and one person gave a "I hate having to draw to make spells its so dumb". However I love this game to no end.
Who are these people? I have never heard such complaints and have always thought Okami was well-respected for it's visual style.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
Duke Nukem Forever. No seriously, I had so much fun playing it. Yeah it wasn't a very good game, but I still laughed my ass off the whole way through, and just getting to hear Duke again was enough for me.

Chucker

Sep 3, 2008
Burnout Paradise and the Path seem to be hated by my friends. But I enjoy playing them, especially the former which is insane fun even after all these years.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
WhiteFlower said:
Starke said:
Well there's the problem. It seems there's been a failure to communicate. I took your original response as hostility (I assume everyone on the internet, especially forums, are dickheads). That is not what I meant so I apologize for the confusion. For the record, everyone I know doesn't like M&B because it is either boring, choppy or weird. I personally love it.
Then clearly the solution is to spend more time here, where it was gleefully accepted as something akin to Elite: Medieval, and only about 20% of the population are random sociopaths looking to drive you insane through sheer force of will and unwarranted hostility. ...or find the Escapist IRC where Xitel will probably hate the game just to be weird and the rest will try to drive you insane through sheer force of weirdness.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Osaka117 said:
Duke Nukem Forever. No seriously, I had so much fun playing it. Yeah it wasn't a very good game, but I still laughed my ass off the whole way through, and just getting to hear Duke again was enough for me.
Chrome had John St.John doing the voice of the bland as a brick protagonist. It's another bad game, but can be a lot of fun, and it's not Duke, but it's still John St.John... :p