Games Only You Seem To Know Exsist

dead_rebel

Jan 13, 2010
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

After the company that made it went bankrupt, they released a lot of patches that made this game a classic...yet few have ever played it.

richasr

Dec 13, 2007
Quite a few of my friends are big gamers, but when I mention Kingdom O' Magic, no one has a clue about it.

It was an old SCI spoof adventure game, which I found fun and hilarious at the time (I was about 12), and still find it fun to load up DosBox and give it another go every once in a while.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=kingdom+o'+magic&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=eYVyS4PyONi4jAenj-TFCw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCAQsAQwAw

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
I've said this before on another thread but 'Phantom Crash'. An xbox game that never got a proper release in the UK, but one of the best mecha games I've played.

James Hueick

Feb 8, 2010
Airhead said:
Parshooter said:
I'm pretty sure I was the only guy in town to know that Fallout3 is a sequel
Doesn't the number '3' provide a useful clue?

James Hueick said:
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Though I don't have the slightest clue why....
Blasphemy, I leveled a renegade Imperial Guard base with my Baneblade seconds before I logged on this forum.

One of my favorite slightly obscure titles is Darklands, but I would hardly say it's a game only I know. There seems to be a solid fanbase with websites still up, even though the game must be like 15 years old now. It's just that none of my friends have heard about it.
Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about in my circle of friends.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Tales of Vesperia, why? one of the best RPGs this gen imo
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, so fun

With my friends any game that's not super mainstream

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
DrSunday said:
Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the Earth.
It's a shame this game didn't get more attention. Escpecially because after playing hundreds of games I still think the one long run (you know which one I mean) is a textbook example of an emerging scene.

And belonging to an older generation of gamers, I wonder how many of you still remember

Gabriel Knight 1-3
Thief 1-3
Hoshigami
Saiyuki
Rhapsody
Ascendancy
Shadow of Rome
Vanguard Bandits
Loom
Lords of Magic
Shannara
Lunar 1+2
Scrapland
Novastorm
Little Big Adventure 1+2

...I could go on for quite some time

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Sacrifice. A beautiful little 3rd person strategy game.

Im going to play it again now.

owyndevaldeck

Aug 17, 2009
i was dumbfounded when my friend was amazed to hear the warcraft was originally an RTS :S

mount and blade seems to be fairly obscure in my circle, though i think i saw someone mention it in the escapist forums once...

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
Hostile Waters!

god that game rocked. And it had tom baker in it. and it was written by warren ellis. and it was inspired by carrier command. and it had the best story ever. and it remains the best example of single player squad command. and it had the best bad guy aliens (but not really aliens). and...just....Hell yeah!
yummmyumyumyum

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
The Island of Dr Destructo. I swear I was the only person I ever knew that owned this.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
-Pod- said:

aww god i loved that game...whatever happened to Shiny Software? they were so wierd

achilleas.k

Apr 11, 2009
Crazzee said:
Shadow Warrior. Great friggin' game.
YOU NO MESS WITH LO WANG!!!

Parshooter said:
I'm pretty sure I was the only guy in town to know that Fallout3 is a sequel and I even have Fallout1 on a disk not steam or D2D pre announcement of FO3
Smart town. The number at the end didn't give it away?

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
SirJewBagel said:
Snowboard Kids for the n64. GOD I LOVED THAT GAME....
Jet Force Gemini You can be a dog... That shoots rockets... i mean cmon thats full of win.
Snowboard kids! snowboarding on a dragon's head. Win

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Doitpow said:
-Pod- said:

aww god i loved that game...whatever happened to Shiny Software? they were so wierd
Officially on my Cool list forever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiny_Entertainment

I actually googled it :)

GotMalkAvian

Feb 4, 2009
Just to make a few of you feel better, games mentioned in this thread that I played and loved:
Shadow Warrior, Worms, Flashback, Empire at War, Septerra Core, G-Police (also out on PC), Bujingai, Shogo, Postal, Steambot Chronicles, Descent, the Crusader games, Mechwarrior, Loom, VtM: Bloodlines (one of my favorite RPGs ever), the Gabriel Knight series (Sins of the Fathers remains my favorite adventure game ever, and one of my top favorite games of all time), Medievil, Mount & Blade.
Now, my additions:
Catacomb Abyss (one of the first FPS games ever)
Heretic/Hexen ( a couple of great fantasy FPS games around the Doom 2 era if I recall)
Commandos (a great real-time strategy/stealth game set in WWII)
Full Throttle (another great point-and-click from LucasArts)
R.A.D. (a bizarre giant robot combat game for the PS2. Kinda crappy game, but unique control scheme)