Nidhoggr

Oct 7, 2007
Kotor: Deserves a better sequel than TSL
Pro Rugby Manager 2005: Because of the lack of decent rugby games
Hidden & Dangerous: One of the cooler WWII games, deserves more
Psychonauts: Need moar funz

Hengst2404

Aug 29, 2007
Wow, the person who mentioned Gladius, man I loved that game. It was a long game, but a deep one and I really enjoyed it immensely. I wish other gamers had given it a proper chance as well.

bishop186

Oct 8, 2007
Of those that have been mentioned, I'd like to see CoC:DCotE (it's the first one that I thought up and hoped that someone had shouted it out), the Lucas Arts adventure and TIE/X-Wing titles, I'd love to see ANYTHING from American McGee, Okami, and Psychonauts.

For Okami, I'd love to see spiritual successors more - games that take art styles from different parts of the world and make a game out of them, giving kind of a "gamer's introduction" to the mythos and something to spark interest.

I was going to say Total Annihilation as well, but we have Supreme Commander.

Salmon

Oct 8, 2007
I must add my 2 pence and add my two favorite games into the throw, I'd like a true to form, still turn based but with upgraded graphics, but still sticking to the original formula sequels of...

Ascendancy, a game I continue to play to this day, and the only game that has never left my harddrive since I first played it, although upon reading the wiki page about it, a sequel has been announced.

UFO: Enemy Unknown, again a game that I continue to find myself putting onto my hard-drive every couple of months... even though I've only beaten the game once

Oct 4, 2007
I'm still hoping for another genuine Advance Wars title on the DS- one that actually takes advantage of the touch screen. I'd also love to see a new Warcraft rts.

Oh, and I'm with Redfeather on Age of Mythology. We need more! New civs, new powers, new monsters!

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
Pyrrian said:
For the heck of it, I'd also like to see a 3D action/adventure game based on Joust. Frankly, I really just want to swoop down and skewer something in high-resolution 3D.
Careful what you wish for... With the Joust movie being made, you just might get a videogame adaptation of a movie adaptation of a game. *shudder*

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
This is kinda out place here but I loved the characters from Lost Planet, so I wouldnt mind a sequel that fixed the annoying combat system when youre on foot and the terrible ending.

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
Apostate said:
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

I thought it was pretty cool even it it did look like construction paper tanks coming at you.
I loved Flashpoint. What's the newer Xbox one like?

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
I'm not a fan of a sequel for sequel's sake, so there are plenty of games I don't need a sequel to. However, there are some games that just need to be revived (Mutant League Football), and some games that really do need another one to complete.

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System was a fantastic little title. It wasn't really innovative, but it was pure fun the whole way. My thing is, they kept introducing things that could make the story really cool, and then did nothing with them. Glitch was found with an odd marking. What does it mean? Who knows. The planet had an ancient race of aliens living underneath with some mysterious spider like robot killing everything. Any added depth? Not at all. More goes on, but there are so many plot elements they brought into the game and then did absolutely nothing with. So the game ended, and....it ended. Of course, they left it open for a sequel, too.

However, Metal Arms was the first game by developer Swingin' Ape Studios. Anyone that kept up knows that Blizzard hired these guys halfway through StarCraft: Ghost's development to complete it. Then, Blizzard simply bought Swingin' Ape and turned them into their console division. THEN, StarCraft: Ghost was canned when Blizzard decided "We're focusing on Next-Gen games only...and rather than just add some polygons to Ghost, we're going to abandon it". Thanks Blizzard.

Now, would Blizzard spend the time allowing their team to make Metal Arms 2? Somehow, I doubt it. I'm also curious if Vivendi Universal actually owns the rights to Metal Arms, as they were the publisher. If they do, then...damn.

Other than that and some already mentioned titles, I'd love to see Aliens vs. Predator 3 using the Doom 3 engine. Hell, just another Aliens vs. Predator game at all, no matter what the engine. That game kicked ass and was so much better than the movie, and from the looks of it was still better than the sequel movie coming out this December.

Jacques 2

Oct 8, 2007
Freelancer: The Space Fighter sim that used the mouse properly... damn it! It had good characters, an OK plot, and great space dogfights, whereas we're more likely to see another "X" title fill the space fighter slot with even better graphics, and even worse gameplay. When I play a game, I want to have fun, not work a second job as a director for a fictional buisness that also has to serve as a trucker (space truckers, hehe) and the security contractor. My mouse has been so lonely without a worthy successor to this overly passed over game.

Deus Ex: Hell, I'm even writing a plot in my spare time

HL2: A Combine Overwatch Officer's perspectives on the events, also writing a plot for that. They could put in things that they didn't have time to do in the actual HL2, and be interesting at the same time. Yay for the blind and ignorant hopes for the return of "The Hydra" and mods that will make for Hydra based "Day of the Tentacle" multiplayer.

Pyrrian

Oct 3, 2007
Salmon said:
I must add my 2 pence and add my two favorite games into the throw, I'd like a true to form, still turn based but with upgraded graphics, but still sticking to the original formula sequels of...

Ascendancy, a game I continue to play to this day, and the only game that has never left my harddrive since I first played it, although upon reading the wiki page about it, a sequel has been announced.

UFO: Enemy Unknown, again a game that I continue to find myself putting onto my hard-drive every couple of months... even though I've only beaten the game once
Someone else played Ascendancy? That game was excellent. It's one of my favorite (if not my actual favorite) turn based game ever. It sits, in perpetuity, not two feet from my right hand.

Geoffrey42 said:
Careful what you wish for... With the Joust movie being made, you just might get a videogame adaptation of a movie adaptation of a game. *shudder*
Joust movie?! Are you serious? That's awesome! Now, I know it will be awful, but I have high hopes that it will be hilariously bad. Like Starship Troopers or something.

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
Dead <a href=http://kotaku.com/gaming/notag/joust-the-movie-for-real-293947.php>serious.

I wouldn't joke about something this disturbing.

Pyrrian

Oct 3, 2007
Wow, so the tracks are set and the trains have left their stations. I can't wait for this one. Thanks for the link!

Lanowar

Oct 10, 2007
Rocket Knight Adventures was a little unknown game that came out for the Mega Drive and was made by Konami and created by the same man who made Contra.

It often gets dismissed as another "extreme rodent" game that suddenly appeared at that time. It got a sequel called "Sparkester" but it was horrid since it went more into a Sonic Rip off but the first one is a classic and it needs a DS sequel post haste!

Oct 3, 2007
I nominate Anachronox - a genius PC RPG that was funny, original and really quite cool. It was begging for a sequel, one that apparently Tom Hall is trying to get done...but here's hoping stuff will actually happen.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
PhantomBoyo said:
I nominate Anachronox - a genius PC RPG that was funny, original and really quite cool. It was begging for a sequel, one that apparently Tom Hall is trying to get done...but here's hoping stuff will actually happen.
I never played that, but they released a sort of machinima consisting of all its cutscenes. My favorite line is definitely this one:
"You know what the difference is between you and the you five minutes ago?
THE YOU FIVE MINUTES AGO HAD FIVE MINUTES TO LIVE."

Also this one:
"I SHALL KILL YOU. WITH...DEATH."

Seemed like a good game.

LordLocke

Oct 3, 2007
Someone needs to get out there, gobble up that old Microprose licence Master of Magic, and get a sequel in the works stat. Any turn-based game that can warm my frosty, action-oriented heart and still to this date remain my favorite PC game in spite of that hurdle deserves a full-on revival of epic proportions.

My Chaos-Channeled Halfling Slingers will rip whatever pesky other underrated game you send at them to shreds. There is no other option, only MoM.

gameloftguy

Sep 20, 2007
I cannot fathom how they could make Joust into a movie.

*realizes he was talking about the idiocy that is Hollywood, shuts up and scurries away*

GrandBoy

Oct 10, 2007
Id say Monster Hunter , but here in the EU we will never get it so I can post this =).
On a more serious note Spartan : Total Warrior would be a fantastic game with better graphics etc etc.Motorstorm with less repetative gameplay perhaps?

Kesash

Jun 4, 2007
Earth and Beyond - Still one of the highest rated space genre MMORPGs. But with EA's grubby paws on it, I seriously doubt that will happen.