Games That Deserve Sequels

Andrew Armstrong

Aug 21, 2007
Beyond Good & Evil would likely get my vote, although I hope they make a sequel to Golden Sun so the story gets finished off better. I'm sure there are a few others (some point and click games for one) that if I reinstalled I'd be wanting a sequel.

jt2002tj

Sep 7, 2007
oh yeah...also, planescape torment.

and something for the X-COM series too. and not that UFO Afterlight crap...which doesn't even run on half of the video cards out there!

LxDarko

Nov 11, 2006
A Double Dragon [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_dragon#Home_versions] sequel could be good if it was done right. It's really a great series but that genre doesn't seem to be popular at the moment.

Zombie Revenge [http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/adventure/zombierevenge/index.html?tag=result;title;0] was a fun game it was spin off of the House of the Dead series.

Phantom Dust [http://xbox.ign.com/articles/597/597334p1.html] still one of my favorite under-rated games should definitely get a sequel it was fun and was perfect for online multi-player gaming.

DarkClownNizzo

Sep 8, 2007
Landslide said:
I'm also going to nominate a new Star Control [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Control] game be considered as well. A lot of time was spent playing these. :) Also the old Epic classic, Solar Winds.
I'd love to see a sequel to the SC series. SC3 does not exist. *shakes fist*

Lametta

Sep 9, 2007
rvkennedy said:
Duke Nukem.
Funny one^^
I wonder if it ever gets released
I mean its been over 10 years and since the start of the development they switched several graphic engines (licensing costs) additionally ofc the cost for the staff etc

Why does it still get financed ?

Even if the game is good i dont think it will make much profit because of the huge costs it caused

JBX06

Aug 22, 2007
Beyond Good And Evil that game kick ass and i jeft a good cliff hanger for an ending play it you wont be dissapointed

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Lametta said:
rvkennedy said:
Duke Nukem.
Funny one^^
I wonder if it ever gets released
I mean its been over 10 years and since the start of the development they switched several graphic engines (licensing costs) additionally ofc the cost for the staff etc

Why does it still get financed ?

Even if the game is good i dont think it will make much profit because of the huge costs it caused
Look at unreal it took 8 years be made and it was a great game for the time only to be outdone by Half life IMO, as long as DNF stays true to the old style of game Duke3D was I'll be happy if tis a toned down for the times smaller version of itself like Doom3 or quake 4 I will pass....

Sep 9, 2007
Madden 2008...

Just kidding.

How about a real sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics?

Tactics Advance was subpar.

Or, even better, Vagrant Story sequel?

I'm feeling it.

Nivek999

Sep 9, 2007
Joe said:
Uplink, Vampire: Bloodlines (I will drive this into the ground - best game no one bothered to buy), UO (those of you who've been around a while will get this), JK2 (Academy kinda sucked), System Shock 2, Mutant League Football.
Mutant League Football needs a sequel, nobody makes games like that anymore.

Cynopt

Sep 10, 2007
The whole Lucasarts Adventure, and Bullfrog catalog : Reissues all round (DOSbox not withstanding) and more of everything, especially Full Throttle and the Maniac Mansion series. Gametap and co. would be perfect for both.

Privateer : MMO gold.

Parasite Eve : Why Squeenix is dorking around with uninspired IP's with this one on the shelf... it hurts me to think about it.

And I know it's early but : Bioshock. Or Anything Shock. A reissue of the System Shock games would be especially nice while we're waiting...

Maeloch

Sep 10, 2007
Mail-Order Monsters - For those too young to remember, or just never ran across this game, it was on the Commodore 64. You designed your own city crushing monster (ala Godzilla) with various powers and then set it loose against other monsters. Imagine a Godzilla-like game, except with more monster types (like giant amoeba or humanoids, in addition to the standard dinosaur-like and giant-insect monsters) and completely customizable powers.

On a related note, with the success of Bioshock, and all of the reviews mentioning System Shock 2, I think now would be a perfect time to simply re-release SS2 in the discount software bin. I have a copy of SS2 somewhere safe (so safe, even I don't know where it is), and I would pay $10-20 to repurchase it just to play it again. I also have a friend who never played it, but I think would love it.

Chimaera

Niche Game Fangirl
Oct 28, 2005
Cynopt said:
The whole Lucasarts Adventure, and Bullfrog catalog : Reissues all round (DOSbox not withstanding) and more of everything, especially Full Throttle and the Maniac Mansion series. Gametap and co. would be perfect for both.
Yes please.

Goofonian

Jul 14, 2006
Oh man, a new syndicate would be sooo awesome!!!!

And I'd like to see a new blast corps, with funky new HD explosions and stuff :D

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
Now that you mention Bullfrog.

We need a new Populous [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populous].