games were you hate the character you play as

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
knight steel said:
Have you ever played a game were the main character is so stupid and horrible that you start to hate him/her.If so did you stop playing or try and kill him/her on purpose.
Nathan Drake was pretty obnoxious, and while I enjoyed the game enough to put up with it, the ending... oh god the ending, was just poo.

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
Prototype.

Alex was such a tool. "I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THIS TO ME GRR GRR GRR" and then he ran over a large group of people with tank.

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
Alex Mercer from Prototype. "waaaah the government did some experiments on me that I can't remember that made me some kind of superman so I'll just kill them all and also all civilians and anyone else that I encounter". I mean, even when you just walk him down the street he automatically punches people that walk by. What a total douchebag.

Edit: Basically, what that guy one minute before me said.

Brok3n Halo

Jul 5, 2009
Flos said:
Prototype.

Alex was such a tool. "I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THIS TO ME GRR GRR GRR" and then he ran over a large group of people with tank.
But then he shows his humanity later. "Am I doing the right thing?" he thought aloud, and then he ran over a large group of people with tank.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Jark212 said:
Any JRPG there all the same effeminate boys with serious self-confidence problems...

That grinds my gears.
FFIX would like to have a word with you.

On-topic, FFXII. I'm sorry, but Vaan should not have been the main character. It should have been Basch, as it was intended to be before Vaan and Penelo appeared.
God yes, Vaan is the first main character in my history with video games I actually loathed to such a degree I refused to use him. From what I researched Basch was going to be the main character and Square intended to heavily develop his history and a particular plot twist that was otherwise ignored and rather lame. Instead we get a sideshow of Vaan and his whining while Penalo was at least a likable girl, she had no real purpose in the game.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Hail Fire 998 said:
The new Prince of Persia annoyed me really badly.
At least he wasn't a sexist, arrogant pig like the one in the orginal trilogy.
"She's a woman, I'm the one who should be in charge!" Hmmph"

LeeHarveyO

Jan 13, 2009
dstryfe said:
notsosavagemessiah said:
Just about every FF character after FFIV. Minus zidane, he was tolerable.
Agreed. Cloud is obviously retarted, Squall is annoying, and Tidus chose Yuna. I mean, Tidus' tendancy to over-play the 'amnesia' is aggravating. Vaan is...Vaan.

Shion from Xenosaga. God, is she a *****.
Yeah but Auron was the man.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
Hail Fire 998 said:
The new Prince of Persia annoyed me really badly.
At least he wasn't a sexist, arrogant pig like the one in the orginal trilogy.
"She's a woman, I'm the one who should be in charge!" Hmmph"
You could tell where they were going with the Warrior Within. It was like "Women are just here for me to stare at their body." I found the prince from the Sands of Time ok, but the others sucked.

Zhalath

Mar 19, 2009
Sonic Adventure, when you're not playing as the robot guy. Because he was awesome.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
krement said:
dstryfe said:
notsosavagemessiah said:
Just about every FF character after FFIV. Minus zidane, he was tolerable.
Agreed. Cloud is obviously retarted, Squall is annoying, and Tidua chose Yuna. I mean, Tidus' tendancy to over-play the 'amnesia' is aggravating. Vaan is...Vaan.

Shion from Xenosaga. God, is she a *****.
Such wisdom. Agreed!

I hate the guy in Gears of War, Marcus, why are his supporting cast so much cooler than him and why did they kill of Kim at the earliest opportunity for a character less tollerable than Marcus?

Also Anakin Skywalker in any of the Star Wars games about episode 2 or 3.
Actually I find the GOW supporting cast incredibly annoying, especially Cole. At least Marcus seems to react appropriately to war, knows what he is doing, and is voiced by John DiMaggio [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288501/].

As for a main character I have played that I dislike...Chris Redfield. Where is mah Leon?!

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
Tidus, as everyone has said. He just rubbed me the wrong way.

Sora as well. I swear, if I hear him talk about how you have to use your heart one more time, I'm going to make him a heartless. Physically. With my hands.

Sonic in any game that gave him a voice.

Tails in Sonic Adventure. He was cool everywhere else, but for some reason he decided to go on a "Oh look, I'm helpless and insecure" whining spree in Adventure. He's still my favorite Sonic character, though.

Fox McCloud. Gods I hate that man. That may be spanning from jealousy over my brief fan crush on Krystal, though.

Speaking of Star Fox, SLIPPY. DIE, YOU INSUFFERABLE AMPHIBIAN, SO THAT I WILL NEVER HEAR THAT VOICE AGAIN.

Though you don't really play as him, Issun from Okami. See Tidus.

shinder

Aug 4, 2009
magna carta wen i first played it i thought the main was a girl then he said his first line and i was like what the f!uck

SebZero

Jul 30, 2009
robert632 said:
the survivors in l4d. they had so much charecter development that didn't give a shit about.
Lolwut? If THAT really bothered you all you'd need to do is... mute during the elevator ride. Then you don't have to hear most the development for that campaign.

On topic...
Dead Space - Isuck Clark. For a short time I actually forgot he wasn't a robot.

Tactics A2 - Actually... I just hate a lot of things in that game.

Halo Wars - One of the Spartans, I think his name was Douglas. He sounds like he's got gravel in his throat.

Smash Bros. Brawl - Pit. Yeah....
"THE FIGHT IS ON! THE FIGHT IS ON! YOU'RE NOT READY YET!"
Oh and Sonic.
"COME ON! STEP IT UP! YOU'RE TOO SLOW! YOU'RE TOO SLOW!"

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
What's with all the hatred of CJ from San Andreas. I found him remarkably sympathetic for a GTA player character.