Games you actually found boring

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Wolfwind said:
Borderlands. About one third through the game, I found a set of guns that worked for me, and guns I picked up after that weren't as good. Kinda ruins an experience that's selling itself on weapon overload. Plus I found the world and the enemies to be bland and repetitive. If it didn't have co-op, I probably wouldn't have played it for as long as I did.
Guns in Borderlands are randomly generated, meaning you will have little to no chance of ever finding the same weapon in the same chest you got it from before. Not everything you find is going to be insanely good, and if it were, that would make the game boring. If you're not finding anything good at whatever point you're at, that likely just means you aren't having much luck with weapons. I'm usually not unlucky enough to not find any replacement guns for any long period of time.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
La Noire, it had too much repetition and not enough story to make up for it. I recently felt that way about Catherine also.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Ice Azure said:
Wolfwind said:
Borderlands. About one third through the game, I found a set of guns that worked for me, and guns I picked up after that weren't as good. Kinda ruins an experience that's selling itself on weapon overload. Plus I found the world and the enemies to be bland and repetitive. If it didn't have co-op, I probably wouldn't have played it for as long as I did.
Guns in Borderlands are randomly generated, meaning you will have little to no chance of ever finding the same weapon in the same chest you got it from before. Not everything you find is going to be insanely good, and if it were, that would make the game boring. If you're not finding anything good at whatever point you're at, that likely just means you aren't having much luck with weapons. I'm usually not unlucky enough to not find any replacement guns for any long period of time.
You know the weirdest thing? The same thing happened to me and one of the friends I was playing with. It may have just been crappy luck, but I think it marred the experience for both of us.

PiemasterZ

Sep 10, 2008
Oblivion: Dear god Oblivion. I picked it up well after the fast to see what all the fuss was about, still not quite sure (I played Fallout 3 first and loved it, so probably a skewed take)

Farcry 2: Likely the most painful experience in gaming I've ever had, I can't even point to one single thing about it that was the sole cause of my frustration and apathy, it was just a teeth-grindingly horrible plunge into boredom.

Jailbird408

Jan 19, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
every single half life....i have never been able to like them. at all.

portal was..a push but i made it through, although i could've cared less for still alive and all the other quotes that are overused a million times online

bioshock, i restarted it 3 times because i was getting so bored with it each time, and every single time i got bored again and stopped around the same parts.

fallout 3 the game..i just did not like the "atmosphere" at all (which is odd considering i loved NV) and the main plot? you've gotta be kidding me, the literal ONE saving grace was liam neeson and he obviously is only there for half of the main plot.

there are probably a few more, but just not really caring to think right now.
I found Halo boring and you disagree with me. That is a fact.

Grotch Willis

May 10, 2011
Arkham Asylum, I just couldn't get into that game, seeing as how i'm not that huge of a batman fan. It had its moments and was by no means a bad game. But I just found it boring.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Amnesia: The Dark Descent, honestly it did nothing for me, particularily once my brain clicked onto what was going on and I was able to detach myself from the supposed "fear" by realising that all it was was a lot of "atmosphere" effects and little moments of real danger. Once that happened I was just running through a disinteresting generic castle with "spooky" things going on, I'll pass.

Ryengu

May 22, 2011
Hyperdimension Neptunia, which is an utter shame because the premise sounded so crazy. Anthropomorphized game consoles as goddesses locked in a power struggle? Cool! An overworldless JRPG with stupidly simple dungeons, annoying voices, static and pointless cutscenes, and a mind bendingly overcomplicated attack combo system? Not so much.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Halo, I couldn't get into at all. Put me off the entire FPS genre until I played Borderlands for its "RPG elements", now I've played the Left 4 Dead games as well. Might try BioShock next...

meow

Jul 8, 2011
halo series and the cod series they were too repetitive and got boring after the first 2 :p

and guess what dwarf fortress doesn't bore me :eek:

Stravant

May 14, 2011
I know this'll probably make at least 1 person out there angry, but the campaigns of both Medal of Honor (The new one), and Call of Duty Black Ops.

Both of them were so boring I quit in the first 10 minutes.

HusaneFatal

Mar 19, 2008
Fallout 3 (on 360) got it on PC enjoyed it. Got it on 360 cuz my PC version stopped working COULD NOT GET INTO IT AT ALL. I literally have made it to lvl 3 on my XBox version and have no desire to put it back in my 360.

Also Final Fantasy 13 SO DAMN SLOW TO START BEING INTERESTING. Spent probably 10 hours on it decided to ask myself am I having fun yet? No, sold game back to gamestop and stopped wasting my time.

Last Remnant I don't enjoy the combat it makes me want to fall asleep. My friend went on and on and on about how awesome the game was so I bought it when it was cheap as hell. I've played maybe 5 hours and I'm bored with it. I just sit there and hope that my team will try doing a decent combo against the enemy this time only to find disappointing results available to me and then watch as my whole squad gets taken out in 1 hit by a boss or some other stupid oversized enemy that can hit multiple targets at once.

Dynasty Warriors 6 or w/e enjoyed playing one or two back on PS2 so I was like hey $10 to buy it THE GAME HASNT CHANGED IN LIKE 10 YEARS. I literally couldn't even make it through the first level of the game before I got bored with how repetative it was. Press X 3 billion times for victory would have been a more enjoyable game cuz at least in that I wouldn't have to run for 5 minutes to then hit X for 2 minutes and repeat for like 1 hour straight. Watch as enemies randomly appear out of nowhere on the screen around you and still look like they just jumped out of the PS2.

Eikoandmog

Summoner and Pal
May 7, 2008
I don't really like any of the stuff bethesda puts out. I get trapped for a little while then I just get bored of them. If I play too long over any period of time, Minecraft also gets boring.